RCI & X Reciprocity

Posted (edited)

You would be elite. Celebrity does not have a “drinks per day “system.  Five to seven each night there is the elite happy hour with unlimited drinks from this menu at most bars, (but not the dining room nor the mini bar.)

IMG_0324.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

You would be elite. Celebrity does not have a “drinks per day “system.  Back to seven each night there is the elite happy hour with unlimited drinks from this menu at most bars, (but not the dining room nor the mini bar.)

IMG_0324.jpeg

Thank you very much for the very quick response! Much appreciated!

3 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If we are diamond on Royal and get the 4 drinks per day would that carry over to X?

Also how dressy is it on a 3 day Bahamas cruise?

TIA

In general people dress up more, but not significantly, on Celebrity compared to RCI. We did a 4 day cruise on Reflection in May. On both the second and third nights of the cruise we saw men turned away at the MDR entrance because they were wearing shorts, instead of long pants. Going on Reflection again in a week. Last three cruises have been on RCI so looking forward to the Celebrity experience again, although I will miss the 5 free drinks per day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Also, if you go to the Elite Breakfast, you can get champagne/sparkling wine, Bloody Mary's, and Mimosas.

To clarify further, and to anyone else who reads this thread and has a similar question, the reciprocity between the two loyalty programs only means that when on each of the cruise lines you share the equivalent tier level benefits on that cruise line as your tier level on the other.  But the benefits with each are separate and specific to each cruise line's loyalty program.

In other words, benefits of one do not translate or cross over to the other, you simply share in each cruise line's benefits as provided by their own tiers.  And cruise points earned remain and are accumulated with the cruise line on which you sail.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

To clarify further, and to anyone else who reads this thread and has a similar question, the reciprocity between the two loyalty programs only means that when on each of the cruise lines you share the equivalent tier level benefits on that cruise line as your tier level on the other.  But the benefits with each are separate and specific to each cruise line's loyalty program.

In other words, benefits of one do not translate or cross over to the other, you simply share in each cruise line's benefits as provided by their own tiers.  And cruise points earned remain and are accumulated with the cruise line on which you sail.

Very good explanation, should be pinned at the top of the forum

unfortunately no one will do a search to read it 😉😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I should have added that there are exceptions within each that are not applicable within the reciprocity.  Example, the D+ specialty restaurant BOGO with RCCL is not available to Celebrity E+ cruisers when sailing RCCL. There are others, but that kind of gets into the fine print which is available to examine on each other's website loyalty program benefits offerings.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Many FAQs should be pinned to mitigate the same basic questions be asked on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, IDL said:

Many FAQs should be pinned to mitigate the same basic questions be asked on a regular basis.

Would be fantastic if there were no new tipping or dress code posts that have been asked for decades.  Other forums have an user-editable "wiki"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Would be fantastic if there were no new tipping or dress code posts that have been asked for decades.  Other forums have an user-editable "wiki"

Add in drink packages 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, George C said:

I definitely prefer rccl perks the drinks between 5 and 7 are definitely limited in brand quality. Celebrity also has two drink package not one like rccl .

That didnt take too long to get mention 🤣

The Prez has written , this is not going to happen in the near future so get over it 😉🤣

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

You would be elite. Celebrity does not have a “drinks per day “system.  Back to seven each night there is the elite happy hour with unlimited drinks from this menu at most bars, (but not the dining room nor the mini bar.)

IMG_0324.jpeg

to the people who were very helpful, I thank you very much.

For some of the more persnickety people who complained about this, that, and the other, maybe CC can make every subject a sticky and you won't ever have to read anymore of people's unnecessary post.

You have convinced me this is not the cruise line for us. Maybe there is a reason I haven't cruised X since 1991. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

For some of the more persnickety people who complained about this, that, and the other, maybe CC can make every subject a sticky and you won't ever have to read anymore of people's unnecessary post.

You have convinced me this is not the cruise line for us. Maybe there is a reason I haven't cruised X since 1991. 

In my experience, including many Celebrity cruises, fellow passengers tend to be mostly lovely. Also in my experience, regardless of cruiseline, the percentage of unkind people is much higher on CC than onboard.  

I hope you will enjoy your cruises, regardless of line, and I hope you will not let people discourage you from doing so. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

It would be a shame to judge a cruise line and that cruise experience based on your perception of comments of a few people on an internet board.  Unfortunately I think you may find the same results on just about any cruise line thread on CC.

Celebrity is one of our favorite cruise lines on which we have cruised 20+ times and find the experience, ship staff, and fellow cruisers to be very positive.  

If you think there is a ship and itinerary that would be appealing, I would suggest to judge for yourself and not by random comments.

Enjoy your cruises.

12 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I can't speak on the other two's behalf, but I want to point out that you can continue to comment on Stickys or "pinned" posts.  I didn't see anyone "complaining" and I also didn't see anyone being directly rude toward you.  If you somehow found my post offensive, that was not my intention...Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

That didnt take too long to get mention 🤣

The Prez has written , this is not going to happen in the near future so get over it 😉🤣

I get suites that come with premium package and suite lounge where I can get doubles all day so it doesn’t effect me . The one thing way better on celebrity is suite perks.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I can't speak on the other two's behalf, but I want to point out that you can continue to comment on Stickys or "pinned" posts.  I didn't see anyone "complaining" and I also didn't see anyone being directly rude toward you.  If you somehow found my post offensive, that was not my intention...Cheers!

I am in the same boat…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Unfortunately I think you may find the same results on just about any cruise line thread on CC.

Not in my experience!

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I have an idea, sail the line you like the best, don’t try and make them just like one another. 

Tell that to Jason Liberty. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, doghog said:

Tell that to Jason Liberty. 

I hear you screaming…I don’t get the rush to make them equal..

Edited by PTC DAWG