Buffet- Symphony of the Seas

56 minutes ago, Domiknow said:

Are the buffet items self serve, or are there staff there to serve?  (Basically wondering how many hands are on the serving utensils.)

Hundreds and hundreds.

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

No different than elevator buttons, door knobs and about anything else.

Except that I wouldn't think any staff members might be doing those things.  🙂

On 7/31/2024 at 11:45 PM, smokeybandit said:

No different than elevator buttons, door knobs and about anything else.

Very different IMO.  People sometimes do not wash before using utensils.  Pick and eat food on line then grab utensils for more food- Kids sometimes put thing back and grab food with their fingers.  We either try to be the first on line for a buffet or avoid completely.  With door knobs and elevator buttons, you can use wipes after.

I have no idea how I've survived so many trips through the Windjammer without getting sick. Well, actually I do know but I'm not inclined to post an immunology lecture.

Grab an extra napkin on the way in and use it to handle the utensils if you'd like. Navigating the Windjammer without ending one's cruise in the ship's medical center is not difficult.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2024 at 8:37 AM, smokeybandit said:

I've been on 20, never seen it once.

Maybe that's only after my 21st cruise that I see that behavior.

Look closely- you will definately see.  Watch for the people licking their fingers on line!

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Look closely- you will definately see.  Watch for the people licking their fingers on line!

You don't have to look closely to see it.

On 8/2/2024 at 7:13 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Very different IMO.  People sometimes do not wash before using utensils.  Pick and eat food on line then grab utensils for more food- Kids sometimes put thing back and grab food with their fingers.  We either try to be the first on line for a buffet or avoid completely.  With door knobs and elevator buttons, you can use wipes after.

So get your food in the buffet, take it to your table, use wipes on your hand, eat.  Or as someone said, use napkins to grab the tongs. 

Yes, it is the same as elevator buttons, hand rails, door handles, chair arms, etc.  You have no idea if the person before you washed their hands or not. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2024 at 7:13 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Going on as long as there have been buffets.  On land and sea.  

Edited by TeeRick