Platinum/Elite Lounge

It depends on the ship and sometimes the itinerary.

Just off the Royal in July and it was 4:30-6, which worked great for us with an early dinner. On other ships in the past year, it has been 5-6:30, which gets a bit tight if you have an early dinner.

It's best to ask people who have recently been on the ship/itinerary you are looking at.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Atlantic Canada2 said:

Can someone update me on the correct time that this lounge is open daily.

Thanks

Just check your cabin for a paper with the information, once you get onboard or ask guest services or cabin steward, if paper not in your cabin . The time & location does vary from ship to ship.

Almost everything that you need to know is in your Patter. Carry it Around with you or it should be accessible on your phone if you like to carry your phone around.

In general, the answers that were given are an approximate time.

just to make note the lounge information is not usually in the Patter aka newsletter.

If this is for The Enchanted P.,might be a Live from thread before yours… maybe they will post hours & location. 
Are you in a suite? Are you platinum?

Edited by arizonaperson

34 minutes ago, Atlantic Canada2 said:

Can someone update me on the correct time that this lounge is open daily.

Thanks

Wellz this year alone, I've had 4-6, 4:30-6:30 and 5-7. 

So, it varies. 

@dreaminofcruisin have t been aboard with a PED lounge that was only 90 minutes, it's always been 2 hours.  Interesting that they had only 90 minutes on multiple sailings for you.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

Wellz this year alone, I've had 4-6, 4:30-6:30 and 5-7. 

So, it varies. 

@dreaminofcruisin have t been aboard with a PED lounge that was only 90 minutes, it's always been 2 hours.  Interesting that they had only 90 minutes on multiple sailings for you.  

I like hearing that it is sometimes 2 hours. The 90 minutes makes your options more limited.

Recent Caribbean Princess.

Embarkation info sheet:  4:30 to 6:30

I’m almost positive they changed it to 4 a couple of days ago.

Then I received a note saying that they were providing a suite only lounge in the Wheelhouse from 4:30 to 6:30.  This is a new one for me.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Then I received a note saying that they were providing a suite only lounge in the Wheelhouse from 4:30 to 6:30.  This is a new one for me.

I wonder if it's in response to those who have sailed in Suites on Royal class ships and were then upset to find no Suite Lounge available on the older ships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

Just check your cabin for a paper with the information, once you get onboard or ask guest services or cabin steward, if paper not in your cabin . The time & location does vary from ship to ship.

Almost everything that you need to know is in your Patter. Carry it Around with you or it should be accessible on your phone if you like to carry your phone around.

just to make note the lounge information is not usually in the Patter aka newsletter.

If this is for The Enchanted P.,might be a Live from thread before yours… maybe they will post hours & location. 

The patter won't list the PES lounge.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

The patter won't list the PES lounge. Yes- I said that already. Explained in detail for suggestions to author/OP. See below my original post.

Just check your cabin for a paper with the information, once you get onboard or ask guest services or cabin steward, if paper not in your cabin . The time & location does vary from ship to ship.

Almost everything that you need to know is in your Patter. Carry it Around with you or it should be accessible on your phone if you like to carry your phone around.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Recent Caribbean Princess.

Embarkation info sheet:  4:30 to 6:30

I’m almost positive they changed it to 4 a couple of days ago.

Did you attend? Did it include any drinks or Did you still have to pay? 

We will have a window suite on the Caribbean in January,  so I'm very interested in this.

Thanks 

I did not inquire since I have the PLUS.  Did not see a collection of free liquor.  I heard that the Skywalkers lounge was a zoo.  So glad to have this on a lower deck…very private and quiet.

• Thanks 1

We experienced the Platinum/ Elite lounge on Sky last September, held in the Vista lounge , It was our first time as Platinum.   I can confirm no  complimentary cocktails were provided but they did have a list of special cocktails at half price , $8. We had the Plus package so didn’t enquire about any other drinks . The hours for us was 5pm til 7pm . The nibbles were very nice .

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

The nibbles were very nice .

Especially like the small bites from Sabatinis on the Royal Princess in April. Those rice balls & desert shooters 😋 Seemed like a different Specialty Dining venue put out a small bite in that chafing dish plus a special dessert / shooter size  each night I went.

There's normal a pianist but every now and then a 3 piece band. 

Ok. Must share a laugh. There was a couple on the Sydney -> Yokohama April 2024 cruise that took tons of PEANUTS!! NOTHING BUT PEANUTS  every night. Looked like a pints worth each. Completely overflowed their plates. The last night he was verbally upset bc there weren't anymore out and the waiter couldn't / wouldn't get him more. So funny! I was cracking up as were the others I sat with each evening. Especially since peanuts are the cheapest nuts at $2-3 per pint (475 cc apx).

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

It varies by ship in our experience.

We have been Elite for the last 5 or 6 cruises and never been to the Lounge. What is the benefit?  We looked in once and it just seemed to be finger snacks. We always eat early but even if we didn't it would be spoiling our meal if we started tucking into snacks.  You don't get discounted drinks or anything do you? 

Btw had to Google TANSTAAFD 😂😂

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

For those wanting to know what the benefit is of the platinum /elite/full suite lounge (for those that don’t have a dedicated concierge lounge ) the benefit before the plus /premier package was it was in a nice lounge and there were discounted drinks and complementary snacks.

Probably no benefit to those that have 5 PM or 530 dining.

Now it’s a little bit different, still a dedicated lounge, still complementary snacks and I believe the drinks are $8.00 and there’s a list of them that you can choose from. Obviously the drinks only benefit those that are not on the package if they like those type of drinks & are platinum,elite, or full suite status. Now added, I believe, live music in the lounge . Not everyone eats dinner at 5 PM. We always enjoyed going to this lounge because we almost always had traditional dining and we had second seating ,so this was a nice place to relax, Meet up with friends and family -have an appetizer and drink, and we tended to cruise on ships that had Sky walkers which was a great venue and view . 

Not sure how often the lounges are utilized now with almost everybody having a plus or premier package? I have a feeling if not enough people used the evening PES lounge they would get rid of it.

it does take a staff/crewmember to “man “ the appetizer station and set it up and break it down. And of course, whatever venue it is in ,the bar would be open no matter if they had the appetizer set up or not.

Time will tell…..

IMG_0160.jpeg.2694a5812da2e6cc64bfde101397cddf.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I did not inquire since I have the PLUS.  Did not see a collection of free liquor.  I heard that the Skywalkers lounge was a zoo.  So glad to have this on a lower deck…very private and quiet.

The view is better from the zoo. 😄

• Like 1

We were on the Emerald a few months ago and visited Skywalkers almost every night.  Our preference most nights (depending on the entertainment of the evening) is to eat later. We felt like Skywalkers was underutilized on many visits and on a few evenings, the “bites” they had available were satisfying enough, we skipped the DR for dinner, We also tried many of their “special” drinks. 

• Like 1

I have only been on the Regal and Sapphire this year. My experience: Regal, Vista Lounge. 4:00-6:00.  Never saw a discounted drink menu.  Sapphire (Alaska cruises): Skywalkers, empty, 5:00-7:00, drink menu, $8.00.  Live music on both Regal and Sapphire. I loved Sapphire being up in the Skywalkers. Nice views. The staff was bored because it was so empty. On some days, it was in Club Fusion (Glacier Bay).

• Like 1

Before the Plus package we used to attend and get the discounted drinks. I often had the Mayan Mule and it was pretty good. On a cruise where we booked with Plus but had friends on the cruise who never book with a package we met them at the nosh for drinks and such. They availed themselves of the special drinks and we just ordered whatever we wanted. It worked out quite well. Last year on Grand Princess we had Plus but went to the nosh a number of times and skipped dinner or had a late snack in IC. It was very well attended most nights.

• Like 2

FYI - Be careful in the lounge. Our friends thought it was free drinks and for 4 days went to the lounge and then found out they were being charged for drinks. 

With the medallion, waiter can see your photo and cabin number and thus automatically charge you for the drinks. 

They were totally shocked when we told them it was not free. They said well they never signed anything. You don't have to.  Whenever they ordered a drink the medallion ID them and charged them. 

Happy Cruising!!!!

• Haha 1