Eden on Apex - yes or no?

Merly

What are your views on Eden?  I know that food is very subjective, what suits one might not suit another, and I am a fussy eater who doesn’t eat red meat, along with a bunch of other stuff.  But, I understand that Eden is not just about the food, it’s also an experience. It is expensive and my dh thinks it would be a waste of money for me. But I am still tempted. If you have been, what do you think?  Is it a nice experience? Is it worth the cost? Would you do it again?  
We have been on Apex but didn’t do it then.

We ate  at EDEN in Ascent.  We  did not do the tasting menu...dh had a glass of  wine..We both ordered a  meat combo as our entree. Husb had  the baked clams appetizer..I tasted it but thought too salty .I had a beautiful  salad app... it was excellent We were too full for dessert but enjoyed the tiered cookies 

It was a lovely dinner..great food, cooked to order with  ample portions and  top service,  but not pretentious.  We had a nice table with aft sea  views and could also see the open kitchen.

Not sure we would say it was " an experience"..but was enjoyable.  We are  booked again for APEX.. 

OP.. check the menu before signing up..see if you find non meat itens you would enjoy.

1 hour ago, Merly said:

But, I understand that Eden is not just about the food, it’s also an experience.

The 'experience' part was the original Edge Class vision, but there was so much push back from passengers that the 'experience' was too weird, too 'out there' that it was dropped.  Now Eden is just another part of the common areas of the ship, and the Eden restaurant (which we ate in twice during our Edge cruise to Alaska) is a very nice upscale specialty restaurant.  Like the previous poster, we did not do the tasting menu, but still had a wonderful meal with a great aft view.  I highly recommend eating there, and try to get reservations earlier in your cruise as it does sell out..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merly said:

What are your views on Eden?  I know that food is very subjective, what suits one might not suit another, and I am a fussy eater who doesn’t eat red meat, along with a bunch of other stuff.  But, I understand that Eden is not just about the food, it’s also an experience. It is expensive and my dh thinks it would be a waste of money for me. But I am still tempted. If you have been, what do you think?  Is it a nice experience? Is it worth the cost? Would you do it again?  
We have been on Apex but didn’t do it then.

If by “experience” you mean the ambience then yes it is a lovely location with great aft views if still daylight.  To me, the food was very very good but I eat almost anything.  I think you should take a look at the menu and then decide if it appeals to you, it is to expensive to just take a chance.

We have dined in Eden on 2 ships.  Both before they raised the price and after the “experience” was disbanded.  DH is a foodie and thought it was good, not great. I can’t eat seafood, fish so I’m limited in choices.  

For us it isn’t worth the price.  Our preference is the Rooftop Grill or Fine Cut Steak House. 

• Like 2

We enjoyed Eden both on the Edge and Apex.  Didn't do the experience.

Lovely atmosphere.  They also had the upscale wines that were available for the upgraded beverage package (unlike the dining room).  Good food.

We ate there twice each cruise.  Did Fine Cuts one time each.  

We enjoyed Eden on Beyond (our first time).

We booked it again on our upcoming Apex cruise.

I would say "go for it". The food and drink were very good.

We also loved the atmosphere.

• Like 1

I ate at Eden on Beyond three times during my previous cruise and enjoyed it each time. I think it was the best specialty dining I've had on a ship. At the time I paid $55 plus gratuity for each meal.  The non-discounted price now is up to $85 per person plus 20% gratuity => $102 total per person.  I bought the Unlimited Specialty Dining package for my upcoming transatlantic on Apex and plan on eating in Eden at least 4 time during the 12 nights (assuming there is space available which seems to be the case since the price is now so high reducing demand. Rooftop Garden Grill which frequently has good pre-cruise discounts is almost sold out in contrast)

We were just on Apex last month. We ate at Fine Cut Steakhouse and Eden. Both were over priced. We had a ton of OBC. My meal in Eden was not good. The filet Mignon was ok, but the mini short rib wellington was just bad. Dry with no flavor. I thought about Rooftop Garden. As we were in Iceland I was not interested in eating dinner outside. 

22 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I bought the Unlimited Specialty Dining package for my upcoming transatlantic on Apex and plan on eating in Eden at least 4 time during the 12 nights (assuming there is space available which seems to be the case since the price is now so high reducing demand.

We had the 3 dinner specialty restaurant package, but Eden was not included in our package (May '24 Edge). 

We did have to purchase the Eden dinner separately from our # dinner specialty package.  The upside that even though we had to purchase the Eden dinner separately was that we could actually book the day and time of our dinner in Eden.  We found that early in our 7 day cruise it was lass crowded, and thus even more enjoyable.

11 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The 'experience' part was the original Edge Class vision, but there was so much push back from passengers that the 'experience' was too weird, too 'out there' that it was dropped.  Now Eden is just another part of the common areas of the ship, and the Eden restaurant (which we ate in twice during our Edge cruise to Alaska) is a very nice upscale specialty restaurant.  Like the previous poster, we did not do the tasting menu, but still had a wonderful meal with a great aft view.  I highly recommend eating there, and try to get reservations earlier in your cruise as it does sell out..

We sailed on the Edge in that inaugural season. I think a young lady dressed in a tiger skin body suit unravelling from above me and laying on the couch next to us whilst eating our main course maybe what you are referring to  🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Merly said:

Thank you for all your responses, which are mixed. I think for the price we will give it a miss. 

you might be happier at Raw on 5.. a la carte.. lots of non meat choices....not just sushi.. we enjoy the variety.. and nice cocktails too

1 hour ago, bluwes said:

We sailed on the Edge in that inaugural season. I think a young lady dressed in a tiger skin body suit unravelling from above me and laying on the couch next to us whilst eating our main course maybe what you are referring to  🤔🤔

We thought that it was weird and sophomoric.  They did have some very good singing talent onboard but could not put together a worthwhile show.

We have eaten Eden on both the Apex and Beyond.  We loved it and enjoyed several appetizers, a shared lobster casserole in addition to our entrees, and delicious desserts. Hard to pick our favorites, but I always love the crab cake.  My Branzino was topped with crispy bread - so unusual and addicting.The Aztec chocolate dessert had a slight cayenne taste which was great and the lemon tart had a nice punch.  We have another Beyond cruise in Nov and I booked it twice this time.  Here’s some pics - 😊 

IMG_1124.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpeg

IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Written on Your Heart has a review of her ABC cruise recently and ate at Eden several times with pictures.  

Didn't Eden at one time have a show with dinner that was recommended?  Maybe that is what the "experience" is. 

Written was on the Beyond......

Edited by Dancing Shoes

We have a forthcoming 4 night cruise on Apex, our first time on her. I have booked Eden as not experienced that before.

Great photos, can I ask please did they charge you for the additional Lobster casserole entree? 

On 8/7/2024 at 2:28 AM, Cotonmom55 said:

We have eaten Eden on both the Apex and Beyond.  We loved it and enjoyed several appetizers, a shared lobster casserole in addition to our entrees, and delicious desserts. Hard to pick our favorites, but I always love the crab cake.  My Branzino was topped with crispy bread - so unusual and addicting.The Aztec chocolate dessert had a slight cayenne taste which was great and the lemon tart had a nice punch.  We have another Beyond cruise in Nov and I booked it twice this time.  Here’s some pics - 😊 

IMG_1124.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpeg

IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg