The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 5th, 2024

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

If he did, I missed it.  He has been very invisible.

Terri

SOUTH CAROLINA (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — On Sunday, Gov. Henry McMaster declared a State of Emergency in preparation for the potential effects of Hurricane Debby this week.

Sunday’s executive order activates the South Carolina Emergency Operations Plan and enables all state agencies to coordinate resources in preparation for Hurricane Debby. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Just now, SusieKIslandGirl said:

SOUTH CAROLINA (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — On Sunday, Gov. Henry McMaster declared a State of Emergency in preparation for the potential effects of Hurricane Debby this week.

Sunday’s executive order activates the South Carolina Emergency Operations Plan and enables all state agencies to coordinate resources in preparation for Hurricane Debby. 

Thank you.  I really did miss that.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Enjoy the MSC Magnifica!...

Three day cruises do have a reputation for being party cruises though.

Thank goodness this is a 5-day cruise so no danger of a Booze Cruise, lol. 

I really considered that when deciding whether or not to book, but the time and price were right, so here I go.

I plan on trying to do a Live review if work schedule permits and I will happily share my thoughts of the ship.

I have only been on Carnival, Princess and HAL, so I'm excited to see something different. I'm hoping it goes well as my DH has agreed to do a European cruise if it does.🤞

• Like 9

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Terri, Staying put tonight is safest. But prepare yourselves. Get what you can UP. I don’t know your house but getting things UP could be important. Even just onto tables.

Draw drinking water while you can. Get anything you’ll need higher up in the house, then work on anything you can to save things from possible damage.

Can you stay in an upper level of the house?  Could you get out of an upper level if you needed to?  Would you need a tool to do that?

I hope you don’t need any of these precautions but better to be prepared and not needed. 

Breathe, in and out. We’re all on your side!  You’re very strong and you’ll do ok but you might have to do things to help yourselves. Food, water, warmth like blankets. Meds. 
Get things you might need into ziplock bags, containers, garbage bags. Flashlights to signal for help, and batteries. Change of clothes. Protective gear like gardening gloves, shoes.

We’ll be sending out the prayers. You will get through this, even if it’s ugly!  And chances are that it won’t be as ugly as imagined!  Keep calm and together!  Every Blessing

m—

Maureen,

We have a one level house.  We have plenty of bottled water.  I made sure of that. We have bread, and peanut butter and jelly if it comes to that.  At 2 am the power and WiFi is still on. However it is really raining hard.  Everything valuable is UP.  

the attic is by pull down stairs and we really cannot stay there.  it is unfinished and only for storage. Can’t get out of there.

So far we are okay.  i hope we stay that way.

Thank you for all your thoughts andprayers.

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Maureen,

We have a one level house.  We have plenty of bottled water.  I made sure of that. We have bread, and peanut butter and jelly if it comes to that.  At 2 am the power and WiFi is still on. However it is really raining hard.  Everything valuable is UP.  

the attic is by pull down stairs and we really cannot stay there.  it is unfinished and only for storage. Can’t get out of there.

So far we are okay.  i hope we stay that way.

Thank you for all your thoughts andprayers.

Terri

Take care and keep safe Terri.

• Like 8

@cunnorl Congratulations on your 46th Anniversary.

Congratulations to @Heartgrove and family for the safe arrival of your new granddaughter.

@puppycanducruise  belated Happy Birthday wishes, sounds like you had a very enjoyable day.

@Cruzin Terri  hope that you and DH stay safe.

Thanks for your reply @grapau27, was not sure if the animals were sheep or goats.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, erewhon said:

@cunnorl Congratulations on your 46th Anniversary.

Congratulations to @Heartgrove and family for the safe arrival of your new granddaughter.

@puppycanducruise  belated Happy Birthday wishes, sounds like you had a very enjoyable day.

@Cruzin Terri  hope that you and DH stay safe.

Thanks for your reply @grapau27, was not sure if the animals were sheep or goats.

Sheep and goats are very similar but these were sheep as their tails hung down downwards.

Screenshot_20240806_121006.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Thank goodness this is a 5-day cruise so no danger of a Booze Cruise, lol. 

I really considered that when deciding whether or not to book, but the time and price were right, so here I go.

I plan on trying to do a Live review if work schedule permits and I will happily share my thoughts of the ship.

I have only been on Carnival, Princess and HAL, so I'm excited to see something different. I'm hoping it goes well as my DH has agreed to do a European cruise if it does.🤞

Yes, five days! The Magnifica is returning to the Mediterranean on an EB Transatlantic in November so hopefully the crew is not too anxious to get back. Making way for the mega ship MSC America in the Florida market. Penty of videos on YouTube! A quick tip about the buffet. For some reason passengers crowd the front seating section while there are seats aft that are empty. The food does tend to be more European/Mediterranean which suits my tastes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• LauraS locked this topic