The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 9th, 2024

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Wow Sandi.

For 40 years I regularly drove over 1000 miles a week but you are incredible driving 

1,147 miles home.

I hope the airline fully reimburse you your costs and airfares.

Thanks Graham.  Some people call us crazy, but we just wanted to be home, after 70 days away.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. The rain has finally stopped and the tornado watch has been lifted. It’s still windy , with many trees and wires down. 
 @Heartgrove, Jack, many fur angels were waiting to greet Sam today. Hugs to you.

Have a peaceful night.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

@StLouisCruisers thanks,  I couldn’t remember.  Not sure how the US laws work, but in Canada and Europe if it’s outside of the airlines’ control they don’t have to pay your expenses.  We had a situation where our flight was cancelled due to a fire In the Rome airport,  and our credit card covered the very expensive alternate flights.    Thankfully, we also had travel insurance.  Best of luck, let us know how things work out.  We’ve also had terrible luck lately getting responses from HAL.  Frustrating and disappointing.  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@dfish Please email me. I just tried to send you an email and it immediately bounced back. Thanks

Your message wasn't delivered to d**@**.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, richwmn said:

@dfish Please email me. I just tried to send you an email and it immediately bounced back. Thanks

Your message wasn't delivered to d**@**.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

You've got mail!

• Like 5

Just went for a golf cart ride, and it was the most comfortable out it's been in weeks.  Sadly, it will probably bee weeks before it's this nice out again.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jack @Heartgrove, sending hugs and heartfelt prayers to you both on this very sad day.  I know the decision was hard but a necessary one. 😢 ❤️

Thank you Dixie @summer slope, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and Carolyn @Cruising-alongfor your opinions on kitty cat’s smile.  I think I’ll go ahead and keep it!

Brenda @bennybear, the flight refund was due to the global tech outage on July 19.  We had Flight Ease tickets on Delta the following day which they cancelled.  The hard part is Delta needed info I didn’t have and had a hard time getting; then the fact they just paid Flight Ease apparently.  I expect FE to contact me sooner or later with the FULL price refund exactly as we paid.  So far all our inquiries and reimbursement requests from FE and HAL have gone unanswered.  I also want Delta to repay us the cost of our rental car, fuel and meals.  No hotel since we drove straight through, all 1,147 miles!

I’ve discovered we will be in Amber Cove in January 2025.  I appreciate everyone’s photos today!  Probably won't take a tour there.

Linda @lindaler I hope your son will be able to return soon and you can enjoy that cruise.  

Debbie @dfish, so glad to hear no sign of any more critters in the house.  They can fit through the tiniest crack or hole.  Fingers crossed the place the pest guy fixed was their entrance point.

Karen @quilty964, your 2 grands and friends, and focaccia bread all look great!

DS shipped his Audi A7 out to Los Angeles for his oldest son to use at college.  The boy wanted it and since DS was going to sell it and get a new car, he had it shipped out yesterday.  Should be there Sunday.  The man who drives the car hauler was taking several other cars from Ann Arbor to L.A.  I would hate that drive for sure!  Meanwhile DS is preparing for his drive tomorrow to Springfield, MO and then on Sunday the remainder of the way to Dallas in Ren’s Subaru.  He’ll arrive in time to pick up Ren and DDIL at the airport.  He’ll be staying in Texas with them this fall since he’s begun his sabbatical from his University position.  

Sandi, safe travel for your DS as he heads to Texas, and a safe flight for Ren and your DDIL Sunday.

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

@StLouisCruisers thanks,  I couldn’t remember.  Not sure how the US laws work, but in Canada and Europe if it’s outside of the airlines’ control they don’t have to pay your expenses.  We had a situation where our flight was cancelled due to a fire In the Rome airport,  and our credit card covered the very expensive alternate flights.    Thankfully, we also had travel insurance.  Best of luck, let us know how things work out.  We’ve also had terrible luck lately getting responses from HAL.  Frustrating and disappointing.  

In the US, weather delays and cancellations mean the airlines don't have to pay for meals, hotels or other transportation home.  Once we did get a hotel and meal vouchers when a flight was really late getting to our first stop, even though there was a later flight.  I think the Delta rep took pity on us when he learned we'd still have a two-hour drive from Dallas to our home.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@StLouisCruisersIf I was a cat, and I was in the manger with the birth of Jesus, I would be smiling.  Keep his smile.  No one loves a grumpy cat.

th?id=OIP.CZjIdcCG2nuOdcMcGFHDXAHaFJ&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

Once we were done at the vets, (thought about taking a loan, we used our 100 credit, I put out 32 bucks from my dog walking that was in my pocket, and we still owed 332.00.)  DH paid the balance...we went and tried to find compression sleeves for DH's hands and arms.  No such luck.  He found two for his wrists, which were so tight they hurt his hand between the thumb and the fingers.  After two drug stores, I stopped at a small medical supply shop, and he purchased two rolls of Ace bandages.  That seemed to work better, and he was wrapped like the Mummy all afternoon.  He unwrapped for dinner and will re wrap at bed time.

I know that this chore did not sound exhausting, but with little sleep, the heat, and the grumpy sidekick, I ended up not going to work today.  3 hours tomorrow in Florida, and then I am off for the weekend.

Off to clean litter boxes.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@JazzyV  Saskatoons are a bit like a blueberry but different.   They’re also similar but still different than huckleberries.  They are raised commercially here but are yummy in the wild, especially if we’ve had enough moisture.  Such a nice treat when you find them growing in the wild.  We have a bush in our yard but the squirrels and birds usually beat us to them.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the info,  nice the agent took pity on you.   

@marshhawk a bigger medical supply should have lymphedema sleeves that can be fitted.   Hopefully the compression will help,  they need to be worn with compression fingerless gloves so the fluid doesn’t pool in hands.   There are also lymphedema physio or massage that help move it along.  I hope  Chuck  gets some relief.   

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@JazzyV  Saskatoons are a bit like a blueberry but different.   They’re also similar but still different than huckleberries.  They are raised commercially here but are yummy in the wild, especially if we’ve had enough moisture.  Such a nice treat when you find them growing in the wild.  We have a bush in our yard but the squirrels and birds usually beat us to them.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the info,  nice the agent took pity on you.   

@marshhawk a bigger medical supply should have lymphedema sleeves that can be fitted.   Hopefully the compression will help,  they need to be worn with compression fingerless gloves so the fluid doesn’t pool in hands.   There are also lymphedema physio or massage that help move it along.  I hope  Chuck  gets some relief.   

Brenda, it might have helped that it was the delay was not weather related.  Also we both had tge ship crud and I could barely talk.  We felt much better after a good night's sleep.

Lenda

• Like 7

Packed. Have reserved a room outside Boston for tomorrow night at an almost reasonable rate. Storm is through here, should be nice tomorrow. 
Phone store was a bust. Our company does have a travel pass but it’s not automatic where it kicks in the $10 charge when you use it, no it has to be activated every day, so you need service! whether you use it or not. We’ll have Wi-Fi calling through the ship internet package that we’ve pre purchased. We’ll be ok with that. 

Thanks for all the good wishes!  We’ll be back before you know it. I’ll try to keep up but I doubt it will happen with the internet plan being for 1 device. Maybe that’s 1 device at a time?  Might be able to hotspot it for my phone?  I’ll try!  

@Heartgrove gentle hugs. Sometimes we have to do hard things.  

I’ll check in tomorrow! I hope I can  💤. Elizabeth too!  
m—

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Today was a lesson in frustration. After replacing our old Samsung (Samsuck?) refrigerator in March because of a lousy ice maker, the new LG now has a different freezer problem. I called Customer Service last week and went through their suggestions for reset and changing the water pressure, but no luck. They scheduled a service call for today, arriving between 8 am and noon. At 1:30 I called and the agent said he'd send a text to the technician asking about the delay. At 6 pm I went online to LG chat. Went through everything again and then found out the service call had been cancelled. We live on an island. Sheesh! OK but why not call or email or some kind of notification. They finally offered a new ice cube unit for self-installation and we get a free water filter. This was after an hour of back and forth. Obviously, dinner was late. Luckily it was just reheating leftovers. I think I need ice cream!

I hope everyone has a good weekend and safe travels for those away from home.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Packed. Have reserved a room outside Boston for tomorrow night at an almost reasonable rate. Storm is through here, should be nice tomorrow. 
Phone store was a bust. Our company does have a travel pass but it’s not automatic where it kicks in the $10 charge when you use it, no it has to be activated every day, so you need service! whether you use it or not. We’ll have Wi-Fi calling through the ship internet package that we’ve pre purchased. We’ll be ok with that. 

Thanks for all the good wishes!  We’ll be back before you know it. I’ll try to keep up but I doubt it will happen with the internet plan being for 1 device. Maybe that’s 1 device at a time?  Might be able to hotspot it for my phone?  

Maureen if it’s like HAL , it just means one device at a time.  You log off one device and log onto the one you want to use.  Just in case it is of help.

safe travels and have a GREAT time 🙂 

6 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Today was a lesson in frustration. After replacing our old Samsung (Samsuck?) refrigerator in March because of a lousy ice maker, the new LG now has a different freezer problem. I called Customer Service last week and went through their suggestions for reset and changing the water pressure, but no luck. They scheduled a service call for today, arriving between 8 am and noon. At 1:30 I called and the agent said he'd send a text to the technician asking about the delay. At 6 pm I went online to LG chat. Went through everything again and then found out the service call had been cancelled. We live on an island. Sheesh! OK but why not call or email or some kind of notification. They finally offered a new ice cube unit for self-installation and we get a free water filter. This was after an hour of back and forth. Obviously, dinner was late. Luckily it was just reheating leftovers. I think I need ice cream!

I hope everyone has a good weekend and safe travels for those away from home.

Ugh Susie - bad enough the new freezer isn’t working right but now no good service?  How frustrating.  If it’s still under warranty, I’d be tempted to tell them to send you a new working one since they can’t send a service person and wasted your valuable time.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kazu said:

... if it’s like HAL , it just means one device at a time.  You log off one device and log onto the one you want to use.  Just in case it is of help.

On MSC, which I'm doing next week for the first time, they say 1 device is 1 device.. period. There's no logging out of one and back in on another; if you want to use multiple devices, regardless of the user log in, you have to buy a multi-device plan. I bought just a single device plan, so, we'll see how that works. I miss HAL already, lol.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Ugh Susie - bad enough the new freezer isn’t working right but now no good service?  How frustrating.  If it’s still under warranty, I’d be tempted to tell them to send you a new working one since they can’t send a service person and wasted your valuable time.

That’s what we went through with the last fridge.  We have had this one 5 months. It’s getting tiresome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1