Things that Celebrity does not tell you…

IDL

Just now, Travel-and-See said:

most likely. I always figured they would just start boarding when things were ready. 

Celebrity has always started the boarding process before the cabins are ready. Nothing new. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkiPro62 said:

On E class, the Eden Cafe is hardly ever open, but is worth a visit if it is. There are interesting things that the other Cafes don’t have like a carving station and home made potato chips. 

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So true!  How strange to have a cafe that is mostly never open. I’ve been on Edge and Ascent and have yet to manage a time to get there when it’s actually open. 

Just got off Edge to Alaska.  I found Eden Cafe open for breakfast every day (except disembarkation day), and open for lunch on sea days or days where you didn't get into port until afternoon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travel-and-See said:

I've never had this experience on Celebrity - maybe I haven't boarded early enough?  It seems to me they would start boarding when cabins are ready - it's weird to have guests drop off personal items in a dirty cabin. 

Not weird at all - yes, you've evidently been boarding late.  If early enough, leave them in your closet.  Much better than having a couple of thousand pax wandering around the ship toting carry-on suitcases, especially those having lunch in the buffet!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So true!  How strange to have a cafe that is mostly never open. I’ve been on Edge and Ascent and have yet to manage a time to get there when it’s actually open. 

Open for lunch on sea days and breakfast everyday.

On 8/10/2024 at 7:25 AM, jelayne said:

My Mom used to say if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything. 

Maybe it would be more appropriate in this instance if you don’t have anything nice to say, then spend your vacation time on a line or category of ships that appeals to you and stop complaining already! 😎

• Like 2

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

I have a friend who says she is German (American) who would never pronounce the name Riedel correctly.  I studied German for 6 years so I was always confused when she was around.  I was taught that you usually pronounce the second vowel.

We have Riedel glasses at home.  One set of red wine goblets clearly marked.  One set from a winery with their name on it that I’m pretty sure is Riedel.  I never got into the idea of a different glass for each wine.  We don’t have the space!  

Glasses for wine? Give me a tankard or goblet and let me have at it. 🙂

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:46 AM, PTC DAWG said:

You need a new bar of soap every day? 

LOL....  😄 

I am too picky.  I take my own large bar of French milled soap.  Lasts for a couple of weeks.  

So easy to toss into suitcase.  Done deal.  😇

7 hours ago, doghog said:

What ship are you booked on? Only on the E class ships are the 4 different MDRs. You can dine in all four or select your favorite (s). You can also request the menus from the MDRs you are not eating in.

When you first board the ship on embarkation you can go directly to your cabin to drop off your carry on(s) and pick up your Seapass card. You are asked not to linger in your cabin. Around ~1:PM  the general announcement will be made letting you know the cabins are ready. Also Celebrity has pillow chocolates every evening. 

Dave....talked to someone once that had no idea about the chocolate on the pillow, coming in late from party time.  The next morning, he found brown patches on the sheet...and well...sort of freaked out.  😄 

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

I've never had this experience on Celebrity - maybe I haven't boarded early enough?  It seems to me they would start boarding when cabins are ready - it's weird to have guests drop off personal items in a dirty cabin. 

I wondered the same thing.  Would too many pax in the hallways while crew is running around like crazy trying to get cabins ready, be an inconvenience to them?  Of course Royal does not allow that, though have witnessed some that try.  

It must work on X...will be interesting for our first cruise with X.  

Edited by island lady

6 hours ago, doghog said:

Not a Celebrity secret. When was your last Celebrity cruise? Celebrity has been doing this for at least five years, fleetwide. We are usually onboard between 11 - 12 and  cabins aren't dirty. Not 100% ready and why you are asked not to linger. 2019 on the Summit was our first experience with this change. Every cruise after that also. No matter the class of ship. 

Though yes...I do like the idea...and will enjoy it for our Connie cruise coming up.  Does it seem to work out OK with attendants working around them?  It's something we have not experienced yet.  So many new things to explore!  🙂 

6 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

Maybe weird to you but very convenient since you can go for lunch without having to drag your carry ons with you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, doghog said:

Celebrity has always started the boarding process before the cabins are ready. Nothing new. 

The new part is being able to access the cabins rather than being locked out of the passageways by closed fire doors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Though yes...I do like the idea...and will enjoy it for our Connie cruise coming up.  Does it seem to work out OK with attendants working around them?  It's something we have not experienced yet.  So many new things to explore!  🙂 

The attendants are not working around anyone.  You place your suitcases in your cabin.  It takes 5 minutes.  You are not napping on the bed or taking a shower.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, birdylady said:

We’ll be on Apex.  I was also curious as we always like a large table.  Hubby and I see each other plenty and enjoy meeting new people.  If we have a set time and location would it possible to be on a table for more than just us?

thanx again 

Erika

Just tell the hostess you want to share a table...they are usually able to seat you very quickly if you are willing to share. 

On 8/10/2024 at 10:59 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

Those are the standard sounds for all elevators, everywhere (land or sea). One ding for up, two dings to indicate going down. 

This is incorrect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I wondered the same thing.  Would too many pax in the hallways while crew is running around like crazy trying to get cabins ready, be an inconvenience to them?  Of course Royal does not allow that, though have witnessed some that try.  

Never had an issue with this interfering with crew. It certainly makes for a much more civilized lunch that trying to maneuver around everyone's carryon luggage.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Liao said:

This is incorrect.

It’s an ADA requirement at least in the US. The chime indicators are for the blind so they know what direction the elevator is going. Not sure if it’s the same everywhere in the world, but it’s more commonplace than not.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Cruise Gopher said:

It’s an ADA requirement at least in the US. The chime indicators are for the blind so they know what direction the elevator is going. Not sure if it’s the same everywhere in the world, but it’s more commonplace than not.

Unless the elevator announces the floor number at each stop and when the doors open it announces the up or down direction.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Of course Royal does not allow that, though have witnessed some that try.  

Of course Royal Caribbean came up with a way to charge you so you don't have to carry your bag around. They offer the Key for a price. One of the benefits is you can drop off your carry on and someone will bring it to your room.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I am too picky.  I take my own large bar of French milled soap.  Lasts for a couple of weeks.  

So easy to toss into suitcase.  Done deal.  😇

And it makes the suitcase smell really nice as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Unfortunately people would rather complain than say anything nice!

I’ve worked in customer service roles for a long time.  I do not understand people who think that providing feedback to an organization is “complaining”.  Even when it’s venting on Cruise Critic, often it’s because a customer wants Celebrity to be better.  Most surveys include spaces for what you liked or what you didn’t.

I am more influenced by someone setting an example of good behavior and less by someone telling me what to do.  Practice what you preach.

• Like 4