Plastic zip ties to prevent reclining?

9 hours ago, Liao said:

I view the reclined seat in front of me as my grab bar.  Just grasp the top of the seat and pull, really assists to stand and move out of the small space.

I may  be guilty of doing that a time or three.  I often find myself needing to use the rest room a lot more often than normal when that happens as well.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I may  be guilty of doing that a time or three.  I often find myself needing to use the rest room a lot more often than normal when that happens as well.  

I would really like to ask why people think that being nasty will make someone else react with kindness and consideration?  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I would really like to ask why people think that being nasty will make someone else react with kindness and consideration?  

Was not doing it to be nasty.  I just needed to get out of my seat and the only way I could do that with the seat reclined was to grab the back of the seat to support myself while I moved sideways over the armrest.  Being 6-foot 230-lbs does not make for an agile body. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Was not doing it to be nasty.  I just needed to get out of my seat and the only way I could do that with the seat reclined was to grab the back of the seat to support myself while I moved sideways over the armrest.  Being 6-foot 230-lbs does not make for an agile body. 

Has anyone had someone say “no, I won’t move my seat”?  I am not much smaller than you.

This thread has really taken some interesting turns.

And at the end of the day, I don't think one single post confirmed zip ties on chairs, or showed us a picture of any!  So come on folks, if this is really happening let's see some confirmation or proof.  Makes me wonder if this was fake news, or a one-off incident (although a couple different people reported it on FB) on one ship for a specific reason (which I can't fathom).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

This thread has really taken some interesting turns.

And at the end of the day, I don't think one single post confirmed zip ties on chairs, or showed us a picture of any!  So come on folks, if this is really happening let's see some confirmation or proof.  Makes me wonder if this was fake news, or a one-off incident (although a couple different people reported it on FB) on one ship for a specific reason (which I can't fathom).

I already confirmed it on the Reflection.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 4:11 AM, ReneeFLL said:

That's rude. Find an airline that doesn't have reclining seats. They recline for a reason. RLS doest make your leg jerk that much. 🙄

Appreciate the opinion, Renee but I think it’s rude for one to recline their seat. I once sat behind someone who reclined as much as possible thus creating limited access to the tray table. Now I just book the first row. Agree to disagree. 😊

14 hours ago, odyssyus said:

I already confirmed it on the Reflection.

apologies - I forgot that.

Interesting that so far only the Reflection is reporting this.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it is that ship that is starting the 3 and 4 night sailings which attract an entirely different (and likely rowdier) crowd, as well as a lot more kids.  Hmmm.  So tens of thousands all need to suffer because a few people can't behave themselves.  

On 8/22/2024 at 7:23 AM, zitsky said:

Some people have medical conditions that REQUIRE them to recline their seat.  So whose medical condition is more important?  The person in front or the person in back?

Agreed, but the condition shouldn’t be a problem. The seats are made to recline so that’s what they are for. If someone wants to be rude just book a seat where the one in front doesn’t recline. Why be rude? It’s all about me, me, and me is what it boils down to. 🙄. I just don’t understand some people with this selfish attitude.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Appreciate the opinion, Renee but I think it’s rude for one to recline their seat. I once sat behind someone who reclined as much as possible thus creating limited access to the tray table. Now I just book the first row. Agree to disagree. 😊

Refer to post 139. Glad you found a solution that works for you.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I always recline my seat just a little bit because if I don't I will experience back pain that will last for hours if not days.  I do it slowly, and as I said, for just a small amount. I don't consider that rude.    What I do think is rude is when, without any warning, people slam their seats all the way back with no regard or consideration for who may be behind them and what might be on their trays.  But overall, the seats are built to recline.  So calling someone rude for reclining seems a bit off the mark to me, especially on long and/or late night or very early morning flights.  The real issue is the airlines building seating so tight and uncomfortable that it affects others when you recline (not to mention being squeezed shoulder to shoulder, which is often the case for me as in order to sit next to hubby I am always in the middle seat)

And I'm not sure what this discussion has to do with zip ties - boy, has this thread gone in a different direction!  My bad for even participating in that change.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 3

So this thread has gone from zip ties on Celebrity loungers to jet seat reclines 🤣  With a brief interlude of zip ties and duct tape for hostages.  ☹️

The price of entertainment on CC.  Priceless ...

Edited by NMTraveller

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

So this thread has gone from zip ties on Celebrity loungers to jet seat reclines 🤣  With a brief interlude of zip ties and duct tape for hostages.  ☹️

The price of entertainment on CC.  Priceless ...

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. 🤣

• Haha 3

“not to mention being squeezed shoulder to shoulder, which isoften the case for me as in order to sit next to hubby I am always in the middle seat)”

I will take the middle seat and have my wife take the window , as that gives her more room space 

she used to take the aisle seat but to many people would bounce her chair as the walk by 🙄

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

2 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Hubby and I do aisle seats across from each other. I'm not doing middle seats just so he gets his preferred seat.

We have done this before - I feel ya.  Lately we book an aisle and a window, and hope the middle seat stays open.  If not, we (very politely I assure you, and with no rancor if denied) ask if the person would prefer the window - which they do 99% of the time.  Which leaves me in the middle

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Hubby and I do aisle seats across from each other. I'm not doing middle seats just so he gets his preferred seat.

My wife and I do the same unless we are in a row with only two seats.  

I can confirm that some reclining chairs on Solstice have zip ties. I walked around the ship this morning in Vancouver before we board and took a couple of photos. One chair that I spotted did not have zip ties.

IMG_4681.thumb.jpeg.a0cbf4658f0fad1ac3f8194164e981bb.jpegIMG_4682.thumb.jpeg.71a303451a5cc88e7f9b7ee8b0d583e8.jpegIMG_4683.thumb.jpeg.4ea42c13fb992584598162ea723aba32.jpeg

• Thanks 1