Reminder: Check cruise prices!

I’m sure most already know this but for someone who may not this is a friendly reminder to periodically check the prices of the cruises you have booked.  I checked the price today and one of my 2025 cruises was $135 less than when I had originally booked.  Called today and they dropped the price for me!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BeaconHill said:

I’m sure most already know this but for someone who may not this is a friendly reminder to periodically check the prices of the cruises you have booked.  I checked the price today and one of my 2025 cruises was $135 less than when I had originally booked.  Called today and they dropped the price for me!

Good advice to which I will add that it is up to the person who booked the cruise to check as with thousands of bookings the cruise line will not notify you of a change nor proactively reprice it for you.  You need to check and contact whomever you booked through to request a reprice.  (Some TA's will monitor pricing for their clients but this is not typical and difficult to manage similarly for them with numerous reservations on the books).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Sometimes re-pricing comes at a cost other than lower price so be careful and weigh everything.  For example, if you have OBC that might be a factor in re-pricing.

I always fall for this advice when someone posts to check my cruise prices. I went through the process to check all of our bookings(17) without finding a penny of savings.

I guess, I'm happy for those that saved some money, but I've got to stop reading these threads.

I check mine Daily, about a dozen reductions just in last 6 months worth $4K. Couple Months ago they added Military Discounts on 4 of my 2025 Cruises, that alone got me almost $3K of those reductions

• Like 2

13 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

I always fall for this advice when someone posts to check my cruise prices. I went through the process to check all of our bookings(17) without finding a penny of savings.

I guess, I'm happy for those that saved some money, but I've got to stop reading these threads.

Save yourself the effort. If you’ve 17 bookings, the odd thousand dollars here or there isn’t worth worrying about. 

• Haha 1

My december 8 day had dropped by $75. I asked my TA who said he could change it but I'd lose $50 obc. Not worth his effort. But good to see we are finally seeing some price drops. The travel bug seems to be dying off a bit. Still there but prices arent all going crazy.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 11:52 PM, curry767 said:

Thanks for the prompt. I had this on my to do list but your post triggered me to check and sure enough a $500 decrease. Thank you!

That’s awesome!!  

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 11:47 AM, ticketsunlimited said:

1740.00 decrease from our January Icon booking.  Biggest decrease I have ever experienced in all our years of sailing.  Time to book another.  Very stoked!!

That is amazing!!  I’ve never seen a drop that big!  I would definitely be booking another also!