Alcohol is now on sale for your kids

Prior to our cruise last fall, for Cozumel, my DD & future SIL did the Tequila Mexology Experience, and when they booked it, there was a child price on that too.

Go figure.

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I wonder if they'd let me buy just the kids package, if I tell them the adult doesn't drink alcohol. 

I would imagine Royal would be happy to give you a few chocolate-covered strawberries for $119.99.  They may even throw in a cup of apple juice mixed with Sprite.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Thats not right!!!

I have never seen a more accurate or succinct description of RCL's IT department's typical output😇

Edited by orville99
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

I have never seen a more accurate or succinct description of RCL's IT department's typical output😇

IT is usually not the group that generates the sale ads and posts them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

All of those promotions are generated algorithmically by an IT developed program that tracks package pick up in relationship to booking levels. I doubt marketing even knows that the algorithms are presenting alcoholic packages to children.  

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2024 at 1:22 PM, tOSUSteve said:

Either way you would think that somebody somewhere within RCI would be charged with the responsibility of proof reading anything that goes out to the public before it is released.  Just saying......

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 8:28 AM, RobInMN said:

Prior to our cruise last fall, for Cozumel, my DD & future SIL did the Tequila Mexology Experience, and when they booked it, there was a child price on that too.

Go figure.

On Carnival a few years ago we did a Jeep, Tequila and Tasting Traditions tour. Lemme see: roads in Mexico, alcohol and sketchy maintained Jeeps... what could go wrong?

I know this won’t be the reason for this glitch but the odd glass of wine for children in Europe is not unusual.

Only in the last 18 months I think did the policy change on P & O (Carnival owned) here in the UK that 16 and 17 years olds could be bought ‘modest’ amounts of beer, wine and cider with a meal.

That kids alcohol promotion is like purchasing a keg of dynamite.  If I purchase it will my kids be the mellow type of drinkers or the obnoxious style of drinkers?  Decisions, decisions, decisions!

4 hours ago, Tin can said:

I know this won’t be the reason for this glitch but the odd glass of wine for children in Europe is not unusual.

Only in the last 18 months I think did the policy change on P & O (Carnival owned) here in the UK that 16 and 17 years olds could be bought ‘modest’ amounts of beer, wine and cider with a meal.

For P&O it was a government change that they followed. Not many know this but in the UK a child can have a alcoholic drink in their private residence under the supervision of a parent or guardian from age 5 and upward. Not that you should ever do that. Its a very old law but never been rescinded. 

Back on topic always glitches with royals IT but maybe those child prices are for everything else, food etc and soft drinks instead if alcoholic drinks.

• Like 1