Day 1 of the new Premier Package has arrived

I can now login with a password, but still no difference. I created a new account with the same username password via the app. So stupid, but it seems to work. I have made, paid for, and canceled several reservations so now I need to document all of those to make sure I get refunded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

The app and website version are crazy.  I booked Princess Premier Unlimited on a cruise booked last week.  Trying to book SD dining and I get an error that says only Platinum and Elite can book prior to final payment.  I am Platinum.  I try to do check in and I get a message that I can't because I am a minor <18 and covered under the passage contract of an adult.  I'm 72.  

Does your status show correctly in the app? Mine didn't. It showed blue, new cruiser. Should have been black, elite. I had to call in and get it fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Does your status show correctly in the app? Mine didn't. It showed blue, new cruiser. Should have been black, elite. I had to call in and get it fixed.

That error happened several months ago, during one of the many updates and changes.  I waited for it to correct itself.  😆 

It didn’t!  So, Ocean Ready, on the phone tree was able to fix it.  I was impressed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That error happened several months ago, during one of the many updates and changes.  I waited for it to correct itself.  😆 

It didn’t!  So, Ocean Ready, on the phone tree was able to fix it.  I was impressed.

I was also surprised that they were able to fix mine! Will wonders never cease?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Teppanyaki was not available at all over the last 7 nights of our B2B.  I'll attempt to get in on embarkation day. We currently have 4 nights in Crown, 4 nights in Sabatini's, 3 at Teppanyaki, 2 at Rudi's.

What month is your cruise? 

12 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Yes, originally made MDR reservations a few months ago when the 2025 reservations opened up.  Had Plus, made final payment early since I'm not Platinum yet.  Recently upgraded to Premier for our January sailing and immediately went on the app and got SD reservations for 13/14 nights.  The most difficult to get was Teppanyaki.  1/11-1/18 it wasn't available at all.

11 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I feel your pain.  We are also sailing in October.  SD choices are slim.  We'll wait until embarkation day before making reservations and of course start on day two in case we need to cancel.  If we have difficulty, we'll just stick with Plus, eat in the MDR, which we have zero reservations in, and use our OBC elsewhere.

After I read your initial post I called my TA yesterday to see if she you get any results to book.

Nothing was accomplished.😠

She has a 5 day cruise on Oct on the Sun & can't make reservations either for SD. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 1:23 AM, ShelaghL said:

I agree - I am diabetic and so don't eat desserts. If it's compulsory to have 3 courses (why?) then I'll just order a dessert and leave it - to me that's just a waste of food.

I can assure you, I never order dessert from the prix fixe menu and it’s never been an issue.  They don’t make anyone order more than they want.  

• Like 5

On 9/1/2024 at 11:38 PM, Retired-N-Happy said:

With the unlimited dining package on RCI, reservations can't be made until embarkation day, so it's a zoo trying to get what you want.  The only time we ever partook in it was on the second week of a B2B.  I made friends with one of the hostesses at the steak house when we are there for lunch during our first week and she said all I needed to do was visit her on Friday afternoon before Saturday's embarkation and she would hook me up with all the reservations we needed for the following week.  She was a godsend and eliminated a major hassle for us.

I imagine the same could happen on a B2B on Princess as well. That is why the Sanctuary is booked so fast.

On 9/2/2024 at 9:10 PM, Anonymous234 said:

Everyone in this thread except us cares about food only.  Nothing on Reddit either.  

This is Princess. Their passenger base locks their flip phones in the safe until disembarkation day. They only use their free internet minutes to check on emails and check in for flights in the internet Cafe'  

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

This is Princess. Their passenger base locks their flip phones in the safe until disembarkation day. They only use their free internet minutes to check on emails and check in for flights in the internet Cafe'  

I don’t see that at all.  We must be on different cruises.  Maybe you’re joking?

😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I don’t see that at all.  We must be on different cruises.  Maybe you’re joking?

😆

Yes these are jokes. Just waiting for someone to ask about free internet minutes that no longer exist

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

😮 Oh, were they discontinued?

lol  😆

Look out now someone will yell about how their whole cruise experience has become horrible because of no free minutes. I still wonder why they still have an Internet cafe 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I honestly don’t know one person that does this. 

ETA: Oh, it’s a joke. 🤣

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I can now login with a password, but still no difference. I created a new account with the same username password via the app. So stupid, but it seems to work. I have made, paid for, and canceled several reservations so now I need to document all of those to make sure I get refunded.

Hmmm. At first glance, I didn't see any refunds. Upon further glance, I didn't see where Princess ever ran the credit card charges for the dining. So I have booked SD again and will see if/when any charges appear.

I was able to make SD reservations for every night on our B2B without being charged. 

Catch was not available every night, so we slummed it in Crown Grill for one night, and Sabatini's for a couple nights.

FWIW, we upgraded last week from Plus to Premier. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

16 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

13 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I was also surprised that they were able to fix mine! Will wonders never cease?

24-48 hours check back ... Ocean Ready ... 🦄

• Like 2

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.  If so, I missed it.  Now that Premier-90 has launched, are "extra fee" items still offered in the MDRs at dinner (such as filet or lobster tails) and if so, are those fees waived for people who have upgraded to P-90?  It would seem odd to charge a person extra for a filet in the MDR when that same person could have walked over to the Crown Grill and gotten the same steak paid for as part of their package.  Waiving the fee would also serve as a pressure relief valve for SD reservations.  Anyone know?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

So.... Now on embarkation day do you rush to the top deck to book the sanctuary for a week or run around the ship booking specialty dining the minute you board?   

We usually have enough OBC for some specialty, so we tend to that and the muster right away. As others have noted, you only have to visit one specialty restaurant to book any or all of them.

19 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.  If so, I missed it.  Now that Premier-90 has launched, are "extra fee" items still offered in the MDRs at dinner (such as filet or lobster tails) and if so, are those fees waived for people who have upgraded to P-90?  It would seem odd to charge a person extra for a filet in the MDR when that same person could have walked over to the Crown Grill and gotten the same steak paid for as part of their package.  Waiving the fee would also serve as a pressure relief valve for SD reservations.  Anyone know?

On that subject, if you're P90 can you do the Crown Grill surf and turf upgrade for free?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I honestly don’t know one person that does this. 

ETA: Oh, it’s a joke. 🤣

I am quoting comments I have read over the years on the Princess and Celebrity boards when they discuss Loyalty perks and how they don't need to buy a WiFi package because the free minuets they get are enough. I always starts with we lock out phones in the safe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I am quoting comments I have read over the years on the Princess and Celebrity boards when they discuss Loyalty perks and how they don't need to buy a WiFi package because the free minuets they get are enough. I always starts with we lock out phones in the safe.

At one time there was free minutes for elites etc. Those days are long over. In the Internet Cafe I believe you can access Princess website and you flight booking to longer a boarding pass. Everything else needs a plan 

1 minute ago, memoak said:

At one time there was free minutes for elites etc. Those days are long over. In the Internet Cafe I believe you can access Princess website and you flight booking to longer a boarding pass. Everything else needs a plan 

Yes I know that Princess offer 50% off for Platinums and Elite which is what I would buy if I didn't purchase the Plus package. The free minutes on Celebrity wouldn't work for me but others say they have enough for a 20 day cruise. Minutes didn't work for me when that's all they offered and that was before smart phones and social media. The service was so bad that you just burned through them.