Quick Check in timing question.

I am wondering if the check in opens based on the time zone of the ship?

Meaning we live on the West Coast and we typically cruise out of Florida. So on the day that we can check in typically we can do it at 9pm West Coast time as it is midnight East Coast time.  

We are taking a cruise out of Los Angeles in December and were wondering if we will need to wait till midnight to check in or will it work the same way we can check in at 9pm.

Just trying to get an early arrival time which is why we are asking.

18 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Also on 2 of my last 4 Check ins for this Fall it was running 7-10 min late so be patient. 

Yes. we recently checked in and it was about 6 after midnight (ship's time) when check-in opened. The refresh key was getting tired of being pushed. 🙂 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  I also thought Diamond status allowed for early boarding as well.  Just looked at the loyalty perks and that seems to be gone.  I thought it was suites, Key then Diamond and above.  Looks like that changed as of 9/1?

3 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Thanks for the info.  I also thought Diamond status allowed for early boarding as well.  Just looked at the loyalty perks and that seems to be gone.  I thought it was suites, Key then Diamond and above.  Looks like that changed as of 9/1?

we sail out of Canaveral and boarding order is Suites/Pinnacles, The Key and then everyone else by rows.  No longer any sections for D or D+

Just checked in for liberty oct 19 sailing...app said ship time was 1 am but here on east coast it was midnight...took a few minutes of hitting refresh before check in was open.

12 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

In Galveston they call D+ first in the regular lounge. Pinnacles go with the suites,,so D+ are first. 

Then they call diamonds. They do call by loyalty when I have boarded there, but only a couple minutes between levels. I couldn't even get to the front before they were calling diamonds. 

7 hours ago, LINDAE3213 said:

Just checked in for liberty oct 19 sailing...app said ship time was 1 am but here on east coast it was midnight...took a few minutes of hitting refresh before check in was open.

Ignore what the app says for ship time. It's the ship's homeport time that matters, where as the ship's time is specific to where that ship is right now on its current cruise.

I know this is picking nits but, technically, it's not the ship's time, it's the time at the departure port. For instance, your ship could be sailing out of a European port when it's time for you to check in, but you'll be departing from a Florida port. Your check-in time will be midnight Florida time, not midnight European port time.

• Like 1