Elite+ Laundry

charlielinda

First time sailing as Elite+ — both my husband and I are Elite+.  Do we each get two bags of laundry on a 7 day cruise?   What about an 11 day cruise?  Thank you.  I am not sure how to read the explanation if it is per person or cabin.  

3 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

First time sailing as Elite+ — both my husband and I are Elite+.  Do we each get two bags of laundry on a 7 day cruise?   What about an 11 day cruise?  Thank you.  I am not sure how to read the explanation if it is per person or cabin.  

Perk is per person ,per cruise,  so you each get 2 bags a cruise 

• Like 1

Per person. We just did it two weeks ago on Equinox. I don't know if it mattered, but I submitted bag 1 with my name, bag 2 with spouse name, and bag 3 with my name again, writing "Elite Plus" in big letters.

On recent cruises on X the turnaround on the boil 'n bake laundry was bad - one was 72 hours. That was not our experience on Equinox, though. We put one bag on the bed before evening turndown service, and it was back to us around noon the next day!

I know on Transatlantic cruise at Elite we each got 2 bags instead of 1 because of length of cruise. Now at Elite+ … do we get extra bags (more than 2 each) for 11 days or 14 day cruise.  I can’t imagine having that much laundry … just curious.  Celebrity Loyality number had no answer.  Thank you.  

7 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

I know on Transatlantic cruise at Elite we each got 2 bags instead of 1 because of length of cruise. Now at Elite+ … do we get extra bags (more than 2 each) for 11 days or 14 day cruise.  I can’t imagine having that much laundry … just curious.  Celebrity Loyality number had no answer.  Thank you.  

you get 2 bags each . Length of cruise does not matter. We have never gotten extra on any of our many TAs as elite

14 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

Benefit has been 2 bags per cruise for Elite + for years.

It does not change based on length of cruise.

15 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

I have no idea why you received extra laundry benefits on a TA.  As already mentioned the length of the cruise is not relevant.  And as Elite+ you do not receive more than two bags per person on a 11 or 14 night cruise.

27 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

Thanks to all!   

also the deal is "wash and fold" no pressing. However if you write on the slip "Please return on hangers, Thank you" it comes back as good as pressed. Don't forget the "Please and Thankyou" as they don't have to do it.

• Like 1

They seem to be making a point of doing 72 hr service  (2 days later) for Captains Club laundry benefit.  Not sure if it is due to reduced staffing in Laundry or just trying to generate additional laundry revenue for people who want it faster.

16 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

They seem to be making a point of doing 72 hr service  (2 days later) for Captains Club laundry benefit.  Not sure if it is due to reduced staffing in Laundry or just trying to generate additional laundry revenue for people who want it faster.

On our last cruise a few weeks ago, 1st bag was back in 24 hours and the 2nd in 48 hours. 

3 hours ago, MandL said:

We’re Elite Plus. We sent two bags of laundry each on the transatlantic and were nor charged. 

That's the correct amount:

Elite: 1 bag per person per cruise

Elite+: 2 bags per person per cruise.

Cruise length doesn't matter.

30 items per bag(pair of socks 1 item) unless water restrictions are in place when it's 20 items.

14 hours ago, the penguins said:

also the deal is "wash and fold" no pressing. However if you write on the slip "Please return on hangers, Thank you" it comes back as good as pressed. Don't forget the "Please and Thankyou" as they don't have to do it.

That varies ship by ship- I have had it honored on one ship and was told I would be charged for ironing on a second

2 hours ago, cruisinsusin said:

That varies ship by ship- I have had it honored on one ship and was told I would be charged for ironing on a second

it is not a question of "honouring " because as I said  "they don't have to do it" which is why we just put a polite note asking. In dozens of requests I can only remember it not working once. Generally we find that the earlier in the cruise you put in the laundry the better the service. As 50% of our cruises start after we have spent time visiting our grandson in Dallas we often put in our first bag on day 2. On B to B's we put in our first full bag on day 2 of the second leg. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Per person. We just did it two weeks ago on Equinox. I don't know if it mattered, but I submitted bag 1 with my name, bag 2 with spouse name, and bag 3 with my name again, writing "Elite Plus" in big letters.

On recent cruises on X the turnaround on the boil 'n bake laundry was bad - one was 72 hours. That was not our experience on Equinox, though. We put one bag on the bed before evening turndown service, and it was back to us around noon the next day!

Boil 'n bake made me laugh.  To me, it smells burnt when it comes back.  Even in the upper suites when it comes back all nice on hangers, it's still boil 'n bake, then under the broiler it goes.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

it is not a question of "honouring " because as I said  "they don't have to do it" which is why we just put a polite note asking. In dozens of requests I can only remember it not working once. Generally we find that the earlier in the cruise you put in the laundry the better the service. As 50% of our cruises start after we have spent time visiting our grandson in Dallas we often put in our first bag on day 2. On B to B's we put in our first full bag on day 2 of the second leg. 

We also asked nicely😊 both times - I haven’t tried since we were

turned down the 2nd time we requested. Maybe will try again next time.

2 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

We also asked nicely😊 both times - I haven’t tried since we were

turned down the 2nd time we requested. Maybe will try again next time.

I am going to try it also .. our Transpacific will be a great change -- multiple opportunities to give it a try. 

Two bags of laundry per person, per cruise.  So that's 4 bags of laundry in total for each and every cruise, for you and your husband.  And once you hit Zenith, the sky's the limit - you can send in as much as you want, as often as you want.

• Like 1

Celebrity could take a lesson from Windstar.  Laundry comes back nicely folded in a white garment zippered pouch, and the slacks, shirts & dresses come back hanging in a zippered garment bag.  All two days later!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MandL said:

Celebrity could take a lesson from Windstar.  Laundry comes back nicely folded in a white garment zippered pouch, and the slacks, shirts & dresses come back hanging in a zippered garment bag.  All two days later!

And free if on sailings longer than 14 days or $9.50 per cabin per day.   I saw someone disembarking the ship with one of the garment bags, they are that nice.

Edited by wrk2cruise

1 hour ago, MandL said:

Than you have pay Windstar prices 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I am going to try it also .. our Transpacific will be a great change -- multiple opportunities to give it a try. 

good luck. We loved our transpacific cruise - part of 5 x B2B to celebrate our retirement - 90 day total trip including 60 days on Solstice.

5 hours ago, Julma said:

Boil 'n bake made me laugh.  To me, it smells burnt when it comes back.  Even in the upper suites when it comes back all nice on hangers, it's still boil 'n bake, then under the broiler it goes.

Lot of people say this however all crew uniforms from the Captain down  and all the ship's linen are washed by the same laundry with no apparent issues.