The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 6th, 2024

Good afternoon.

Sorry I never got here yesterday.  It just turned out to busier than I expected and I never got around to getting over here.

I attend a Caregiver support group on Thursday afternoons and it took a good part of my time.  i also had to go grocery shopping and Lord knows what else.

i was just so tired.  i was in bed before 9PM last night.

Prayers for everyone and 

Safe travels to those who are traveling and cruising.

Terri

• Like 15

42 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Yikes, another school shooting in Maryland but only one injury that doesn't sound life threatening.  Shooter is in custody.

Roy

Sadly, I spoke too soon.  The student did not make it.  RIP,

Roy

• Thanks 16

When we were on the Westerdam in 2020 , yes 2 weeks before all of a sudden Covid broke out and we had problems to get on shore 

I had formed a small group of 7 of us to have cooking class in Koh Samui with a family . We were picked up by the ladies husband and taken across the island to a small village in the dunes overlooking the sea , a beautiful spot in the open air under cover of a roof ........... ( I am getting hungry again just looking at the pictures ! ) 

After being introduced to the lady of the house and her sister and receiving our small menu book we all started chopping and preparing for our Thai lunch .

Tasting the peanut sauce  ( worked for years at a Chinese restaurant during College ) 

The Main dish was next 

Each couple had their own type of a hibachi to cook on first we made the soup and after that we worked on the main coarse 

The food was delicious , we had a wonderful time and we still go back at home to some of the different menu items 

Tony 😍
  • Like 12

Good afternoon, I've had a busy day today organizing everything for our sewing class with our 6th graders.  We have 9 girls and 2 boys signed up this year!  One of the projects is a hair scrunchie, we'll have to see if the boys want to make that to give to someone, or another project!  We have a neighborhood Piggly Wiggly, interesting history!  Not sure about the meal or the drink, would try the wine.  

Our Green Bay Packers are playing in Brazil tonight, hopefully it goes well for them!  

@StLouisCruisersHappy Anniversary!designer-greetings-card_birthday-card_congratulations-cards_caroline-gardner_gng004.thumb.webp.e784f57aa977622cfd9df2de5320bbc5.webp

@cruising sisterMurphy and her baby sister are adorable!  Looks like Murphy is dong well!  

Prayers for all who need them and cheers to those celebrating!  Have a good evening! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Trying to play catch up today.  We went out for lunch and avoided getting wet.  However I think the steak dinner will have to wait until tomorrow.  The sprinkles are unpredictable and there's no need to for DH to go traipsing in and out to cook the steaks.  Then I've spent the afternoon back stitching and it takes a while to catch up here!  Time to enjoy happy hour now too!

Thanks to all for the warm wishes for DH and I Fred and Mitzi, Gerry, Joy, Bruno, Jim, Karen, Brenda, Carolyn, Sue, Bruce, RNB, Terri and Karen.  So nice of everyone!

Debbie @dfish, the Zuiderdam seems to have problems moving immigration along faster.  Either that or the immigration officials are just very slow workers.

Roy @rafinmd I'm sorry to hear there was another shooting today, and that the individual died.  There are no words.

I've been reading Endurance by Alfred Lansing lately.  I've read several books about it but this one has actual diary reports from those who were actually there.  It's difficult at times to read of their hard times but at least I know there's a happy ending.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Happy Anniversary Sandi and Dennis @StLouisCruisers!!  You got married exactly 3 weeks before we did!  Similar ages too, we were 18 and 21.  Beautiful photo!

It must have been a good year for weddings! Our 55th is just 3 1/2 months away (2 days after Christmas, what were we thinking?)-and a similar wedding dress too. I had just turned 20 and DH was 22.

• Like 13

40 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Another try with 2 pics 

??????

🫣🙈 I wish I could help.

And I know the pictures are fabulous, so really appreciate your efforts. 

Edited by Haljo1935
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A quick good evening.  DH’s appointment went well, but it was long with various tests and procedures.  The nurse practioner wants him to do some physical therapy.  By the time we got out, it was Friday afternoon rush hour.  We took some city streets before finalky gutting on I-35E.  It was still slow going until we were passed Waxahachie.   It was late when we got home.

I've read the Daily, I don't have the energy to comment now.

Lenda

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Somewhere behind the clouds .....?????? 

I tried something different today , failed again , diminished the size of the pictures to medium  from old Mac to the new one ........Poef !! 

🤔

Check the format you are saving the pictures in. Apple starting saving in a format that is a bit different not long ago

• Thanks 2

Not all the pictures I intended to send but at least you have a taste of what we did our wonderful day in Koh Samui .🤩

...........Yes sometimes people call me a stubborn ......... That's right I am a Taurus ! 😍

Thank you people for trying to help me , I am waiting for our daughter to come down in a couple of weeks who can hopefully can show me how to work the stick .  This last effort I was sending pictures in full format by email from old to new Mac , failed once and almost gave up ........

Feel good now ! 😍😍

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hi all!

Just got back from a week in Florida. It was HOT and stormy but had lots of fun. 

@cruising sister, Lorraine,  the girls look great! What a sweet picture. Happy to see things are good with them.

My thanks to everyone contributing here. Prayers for all of us. Prayers for those affected by the horrors of the school shootings. It is overwhelming and incomprehensible that these are still happening. What is wrong with these parents, (IMO)?

Cheers to everyone celebrating, anything, no matter how big or small. 😀

Safe travels for everyone traveling. 

Have a good weekend!

Caron

• Like 9