Video of Michael Bayley’s Q&A aboard World Cruise

Thanks for posting this.

I am interested in watching this (sometime later), but seriously, vertical videos may be fine for TikToks and Instagram, but for a 1.5 hour YouTube video? I think I might just have to listen and not attempt to watch.

Head Shaking GIFs | Tenor

Edited by RobInMN

11 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Thanks for posting this.

I am interested in watching this (sometime later), but seriously, vertical videos may be fine for TikToks and Instagram, but for a 1.5 hour YouTube video? I think I might just have to listen and not attempt to watch.

Totally agree, and that’s what I did for the majority of it. 

We did not go.   Anything really informative get mentioned?   Not that we will ever go on another WC.  We are only on half of it....and even that was too much.  Looking forward to getting home on Tuesday.  

Six weeks fine...but no longer than that for us after this.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We did not go.   Anything really informative get mentioned?   Not that we will ever go on another WC.  We are only on half of it....and even that was too much.  Looking forward to getting home on Tuesday.  

Six weeks is probably four weeks longer than what I could take and I love cruising.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Six weeks is probably four weeks longer than what I could take and I love cruising.

Used to be one week was not long enough...now...2 weeks goes by too fast.  For us, indeed 4 weeks ideal...but with a good itinerary...6 weeks would work for us.  

We are doing a 33 night circumnavigation around Australia with Bali tossed in, then one day later a 15 night NZ and Taz.    That is a 6 week we are happy to do.  🙂   Errr...but it is with Viking though.  RCI blew it by cancelling our Aussie adventure not once...but twice.  No room for strike three for them for us.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My issue on long cruises would be figuring out how to be healthy.  Like most of us, my food/alcohol intake on a cruise is significantly higher than at home.

+1  

Time to get back to reality for us...and a diet!!  😉 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

My issue on long cruises would be figuring out how to be healthy.  Like most of us, my food/alcohol intake on a cruise is significantly higher than at home.

When we first started cruising we ate way different than we do now. But we didn’t cruise often, the cruises were shorter and we were much younger and no drink plan. 

Being D+ now there’s no way we drink 5 drinks each a day, so we get sodas or water. And we eat very well now too. We found if we eat like we do at home, that works. We never gain weight….well usually 🤪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I cruised a month last year for the first time... s2s2b2s2s ...  4 different classes of ships over 33 days. Each ship was a different vacation, not many ports duplicated, different shows, different venues, different cabin types. I felt like home on each ship, yet also excited for a new start for each sailing.

I thought this was fantastic! Worked out beautifully. Maybe this could be something you could try?

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, island lady said:

We’re looking forward in the future to booking a world cruise.  What have you found challenging on your trip?

13 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

We’re looking forward in the future to booking a world cruise.  What have you found challenging on your trip?

Missing my home (comfy in our cabin...but not the same)

the Quiet (always too noisy on a ship)

Food (cruise ship food, AKA nursing home mass feeding style with too much salt/sauces)

Cooking (yeah, call me crazy, but I love to cook and miss it)

Walmart near by (easy access to sundries/toiletries).  

Laundry at home (the "boil and fry" bags...just not the same)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2024 at 7:17 AM, island lady said:

I'm sure you are not alone.  One couple who have been posting on YT are going to recap the trip, including the good and the bad and addressing events and I get the impression not sugarcoat the reality of being gone that long and with the same people.  Someone in the comments on their fb page asked them about one unhappy woman she met.  She said she never saw them again after that, so this could be interesting and I'd love to see how it lines up wit the blog post that I mentioned in another thread (that got removed) because I'm sure most of what was reported was true.  No way it was wonderful for everyone.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

Missing my home (comfy in our cabin...but not the same)

the Quiet (always too noisy on a ship)

Food (cruise ship food, AKA nursing home mass feeding style with too much salt/sauces)

Cooking (yeah, call me crazy, but I love to cook and miss it)

Walmart near by (easy access to sundries/toiletries).  

Laundry at home (the "boil and fry" bags...just not the same)

Pat these are the exact same reasons we couldn’t do it either.
The two that stand out for me first are the food, I also like to cook and at home we eat delicious healthy food not slathered in yucky sauces and salt , and second the noise.
I’m not one that likes crowds or noise and when at home which is where you’ll  find me most of the time, I don’t even listen to the radio.

I said in a prior post to someone that said they wanted to be like Mario and live on a ship that to me that would be equivalent to living in an assisted living with an ocean view. And I love cruising! Welcome home!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The two that stand out for me first are the food, I also like to cook and at home we eat delicious healthy food not slathered in yucky sauces and salt , and second the noise.
I’m not one that likes crowds or noise and when at home which is where you’ll  find me most of the time, I don’t even listen to the radio.

I said in a prior post to someone that said they wanted to be like Mario and live on a ship that to me that would be equivalent to living in an assisted living with an ocean view. And I love cruising! Welcome home!

I think it is interesting that for many of us that love cruising it has its place. Home also has its place and it isn't a bad place to be.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Exactly the same for me.  And is why we did just half of the WC (first and last quarter).   Needed the break in the middle.  Now...we will limit a cruise to no more than six weeks at a time (saving the exotic cruise itineraries for the longer ones).  

Though when I at home for longer periods of time...I do miss being on a cruise.  😉   Just won't be the long ones from now on.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Basically the same reasons for me.  Also I wouldn't want to be away from family (including pets) for that long.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

On paper it sounds good, but the reality is it's just too long to be gone for most people.  We see our 2 sons and 2 dil's every 2-3 weeks and visit my mother at least once a month.  We also have a church we love and attend regularly and friends we see often.  Disconnecting like that is a stresser for most.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

One of the guests to M. Bayley.

Interesting, so the reason I wondered was that we got on in Ravenna and that segment was so special, we could feel the comfortableness of the guests with each other and the crew. I cruise enough to feel the difference. I can pick up the slightest changes in energy.

On the second segment the entire vibe of the cruise changed. I said to my husband as the guests came onboard that the VIBE changed and I didn’t like it at all!  A couple that we met a few days before the second segment began said the same thing. The vibe was off. 
So possibly that would be a reason for the question.

Did he answer?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Interesting, so the reason I wondered was that we got on in Ravenna and that segment was so special, we could feel the comfortableness of the guests with each other and the crew. I cruise enough to feel the difference. I can pick up the slightest changes in energy.

On the second segment the entire vibe of the cruise changed. I said to my husband as the guests came onboard that the VIBE changed and I didn’t like it at all!  A couple that we met a few days before the second segment began said the same thing. The vibe was off. 
So possibly that would be a reason for the question.

Did he answer?

He kind of answered. Basically said they would take a look at how to prevent it in the future. But he said that they obviously have to fill the ship however possible.

6 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

He kind of answered. Basically said they would take a look at how to prevent it in the future. But he said that they obviously have to fill the ship however possible.

I guess I need to see the whole video. But it does sounds like the full cruisers didn’t like the changes, and I get it. I noticed it right away and was happy to be getting off after those 9 nights.

But the only way to avoid this is for a cruise on a really small ship, like Silversea or Oceania or other lines that have smaller ships.  Currently Royal doesn’t have that… they should have pushed up Discovery class.

Silversea is very fancy and very expensive and the thought of how much a world cruise would be on that is crazy….it’s also a bit stuffy, the guests on posts I’ve read frown on a man not wearing a suit to dinner…can you imagine that on a world cruise. I saw how the full cruisers dressed like they would do at home, very very casual, and I don’t mean it this way but some would think sloppyISH (not me I don’t care what people wear)

Silversea guests would be aghast. Royal needs to fill the ship to make this work like it should and they can’t do that now IMO. 

I think the WC was too long and since it did not sell out, of course RCI had to sell segments.

The so called vibe goes both ways.

just like high school cliques develop and new people come and go.

just deal with it.  I think I would get bored with same people for 9 months.

I found it sad to hear about missing a few ports like Falklands and Nuuk Greenland. But nice weather the last week.

Wondering when did M Bayley get on the ship? 

Wonder how many will go on the reunion cruise?

I enjoyed following along the WC and I follow HAL’s WC as well