Captain Circle Elite Benefits

dog

37 minutes ago, 555 said:

It would really make me strive and spend tens of thousands be an Elite. 😁

Not asking for put downs, just asking for knowledge of changes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Priority Disembarkation - While this is mentioned as a benefit, it really has no meaning. Everyone can choose their disembarkation time to meet their flight or other needs. Early walk off disembarkation is available to everyone. If you don't like what you have you can just visit passenger services.

50% off internet applies if you are purchasing internet. If you have one of the inclusive fares it doesn't apply.

10% discount at the shops does not apply to reduced priced items.

10% off excursions. When pre-booked on line full price is charged. The 10% is returned as OBC once on board. I believe the OBC is refundable, but not certain.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, skynight said:

Priority Disembarkation - While this is mentioned as a benefit, it really has no meaning. Everyone can choose their disembarkation time to meet their flight or other needs. Early walk off disembarkation is available to everyone. If you don't like what you have you can just visit passenger services.

50% off internet applies if you are purchasing internet. If you have one of the inclusive fares it doesn't apply.

10% off excursions. When pre-booked on line full price is charged. The 10% is returned as OBC once on board. I believe the OBC is refundable, but not certain.  

Good points. I use laundry, minibar setup, 10% discounts, afternoon tea and that’s about it.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, skynight said:

What is Medallion net? Would that be 50% off a medallion watch band or clip, one of those purchases?

Just now, latebloomer56 said:

What is Medallion net? Would that be 50% off a medallion watch band or clip, one of those purchases?

Medallion net is internet access. If purchased the full cost is $24.99/day for one device. Platinum and Elite loyalty levels can purchase for half price, $12.50/day. There are also 4 device plans.

Medallion net is included with the inclusive fares, thus no discount. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skynight said:

Princess calls it wifi, but it is actually internet. Everyone has wifi to connect to the on board intranet. 

Thanks may just look at next years package be have. See if paying the 50% off, tips and all drinks will be less as we are in a suite next year as well.

33 minutes ago, dog said:

Good points. I use laundry, minibar setup, 10% discounts, afternoon tea and that’s about it.

Well, I forgot 1/2 off internet!

1 hour ago, skynight said:

The 10% discount for shore excursions has always been returned to our onboard account as refundable credit.  Any unused credit has been refunded to us by check in the mail a few weeks after the cruise (even though we paid for the excursions by credit card).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All these perks are alive and well on Princess. Please note that suite laundry gets priority and if there are lots of elites the laundry may retake up to 3 days or so to arrive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

All these perks are alive and well on Princess. Please note that suite laundry gets priority and if there are lots of elites the laundry may retake up to 3 days or so to arrive 

Since you book suites, I was listening on YouTube that they've improved the canape selection only for people sailing in suites. 

Much nicer than the old usual, or at least they sounded that way.

10 minutes ago, 555 said:

Since you book suites, I was listening on YouTube that they've improved the canape selection only for people sailing in suites. 

Much nicer than the old usual, or at least they sounded that way.

Haven’t ordered any for years as the always seem to deliver them around 3:00 and since we don’t even start dressing for dinner till 5:30 they tended to get old and dry

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skynight said:

What priority disembarkation means is that if you wait in the platinum lounge for your group to be called they get notification a few minutes before those waiting in the other assigned area. That allows them to get to the door before the rest of their color group.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, dog said:

Are these the elite benefits?IMG_4755.thumb.jpeg.222d9476ba8c1b00c2af5a7f173faa30.jpegIMG_4755.thumb.jpeg.222d9476ba8c1b00c2af5a7f173faa30.jpeg

What we may/may not use during a 7 day cruise

shops 10% - nope, not good on sale items

photos - nope

spa - nope

shore excursions - 10% - maybe

priority water shuttle - if needed

disembarkation - no rush here

laundry - yes, depending on turnaround time

afternoon  tea - nope

minibar - meh with PLUS or Premier

50% medallion net - meh with PLUS or Premier

Cap

canapes  -  nope as to current offerings

Grapewine wine - prolly do it, but again, not important with P or P

Elite lounge - not for us

Captains circle party - again, not for us with P or P

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

What we may/may not use during a 7 day cruise

shops 10% - nope, not good on sale items

photos - nope

spa - nope

shore excursions - 10% - maybe

priority water shuttle - if needed

disembarkation - no rush here

laundry - yes, depending on turnaround time

afternoon  tea - nope

minibar - meh with PLUS or Premier

50% medallion net - meh with PLUS or Premier

Cap

canapes  -  nope as to current offerings

Grapewine wine - prolly do it, but again, not important with P or P

Elite lounge - not for us

Captains circle party - again, not for us with P or P

I did get the discount in the spa. Excursions- clamshell rental, but take very few anymore. Laundry 2x in 7 days- better than the money I paid on HAL! Canapés gross. Might try Captsin lounge since I saw an impro in some recent pics.  Really enjoyed tea in cabin- wish it was 2 pm.

Don’t need much if you have a package.

• Like 3