Weather perditions for Florida on Wednesday

SE fla

Breaking - The NHC has initiated advisories in TD 14 in the Gulf of Mexico. It is forecasted to become Hurricane #Milton before making landfall along the west coast of FL mid-week near Tampa, possibly as a 110 mph category 2  hurricane, maybe even a major. This storm will have the potential of causing impacts to a large portion of the Florida peninsula. Storm surge, flooding rains and hurricane force winds will all be impactful for Florida. All interests in FL and the NW Bahamas should track this storm closely. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

Adjusted itinerary for Harmony just released.  Skipping Roatan on Tuesday.

34 minutes ago, sailaway2joy said:

Symphony of the seas is skipping all Florida and the Bahama stops next week.  Going to Puerto Plata and Labadee plus an extra sea day instead. 

We got someone on our roll call says maybe they will change harmony and go east. Lol. Out of texas. Since we cant gr to roatan, let's go to the bahamas on a 6 day cruise out of Texas

Problem with texas there really arent other alternate ports. I do feel bad for families with kids who all wanted to hold a sloth in roatan. Now we just go to Mexico and back.  Many newbies booked this cruise, their first. 

I’m reading that this time people may listen and evacuate, which is a good thing, as some of the hotels further east of the coast are already booked, including some Disney hotels (don’t know if that 100% accurate).

Our daughter who lives north of Tampa asked if she and the kids can come to us and have hubby hold down the fort there…I said she better wait and see, it’s too early to tell. Irma was forecast to hit Tampa bad but it turned in and came over us in the middle of the night. 
We’re set, generator, gas, snacks, booze and water.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m reading that this time people may listen and evacuate, which is a good thing, as some of the hotels further east of the coast are already booked, including some Disney hotels (don’t know if that 100% accurate).

Our daughter who lives north of Tampa asked if she and the kids can come to us and have hubby hold down the fort there…I said she better wait and see, it’s too early to tell. Irma was forecast to hit Tampa bad but it turned in and came over us in the middle of the night. 
We’re set, generator, gas, snacks, booze and water.

Disney could have flooding, orlando? I heard gov desantis sent all our hurricane folks to NC who been working non stop now might have to call them back. 

• Like 1

I'm supposed to sail out of Tampa tomorrow, the 7th, on Grandeur of the Seas.  So far, not a word from RCL, but my roomie and I decided to cancel today.  We live in central Florida ( I actually live in Daytona Beach) and not only do we have our own hurricane preparations to take care of, but no way are we driving into the bullseye of a hurricane, parking our car there and then who knows what we'd come back to.  Our safety and sanity are worth more to us right now than the money we'll most likely lose by canceling.

• Like 1

My son and I drove to FL from extreme upstate SC yesterday - we literally just went through the eye of Helene last week! We boarded Serenade in Tampa around noon today. After seeing the forecast path , we left my car at a family member’s house in the Orlando area and they drove us to Tampa this morning. I didn’t want to risk parking my car in Tampa with the threat of storm surge and flooding at the port. Haven’t heard anything about changing the itinerary, but won’t be surprised if we do. We’re ready for an adventure and will just go with the flow. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

My son and I drove to FL from extreme upstate SC yesterday - we literally just went through the eye of Helene last week! We boarded Serenade in Tampa around noon today. After seeing the forecast path , we left my car at a family member’s house in the Orlando area and they drove us to Tampa this morning. I didn’t want to risk parking my car in Tampa with the threat of storm surge and flooding at the port. Haven’t heard anything about changing the itinerary, but won’t be surprised if we do. We’re ready for an adventure and will just go with the flow. 

I finally got an email from Royal with an "adjusted" itinerary for Grandeur tomorrow.  Instead of Cozumel and Costa Maya, it's now all seas except for Nassau.  Doesn't matter, as we've canceled.  

49 minutes ago, flahagan said:

I finally got an email from Royal with an "adjusted" itinerary for Grandeur tomorrow.  Instead of Cozumel and Costa Maya, it's now all seas except for Nassau.  Doesn't matter, as we've canceled.  

And that revised itinerary may change if Bahamas is impacted by Milton.   

Always an adventure of unknown when cruising in hurricane season.

Be safe

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And that revised itinerary may change if Bahamas is impacted by Milton.   

Always an adventure of unknown when cruising in hurricane season.

Be safe

And nothing to fool around with.  I really hope Royal cancels it because it'going to be very unpleasant if not downright dangerous to be anywhere in this area this week.