The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday October 24th, 2024

StLouisCruisers

Late to the party but want to wish @Overhead Fred happy birthday!  And glad things are healing well! 
@Seasick Sailorhappy anniversary! 
@arzzwhat an amazing experience,. I truly enjoyed your description! 
@smitty34877 glad those fires have stopped! 

@grapau27 Condolences on the loss of your aunt!  
@Quartzsite Cruiser yikes!  I hope Ford pays!  Always something!

@Cruising-along I could use those cleaners!  
DH is much better today but still had a nearly two hour nap.  I think I’ll do my shots separately.   I wish we could get Novavax as we had no side effects.  
Feeling sad, our elderly neighbours have sold their home in two days!  We’ll miss them but good for them!  
Good night all!  @erewhon,  good day! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@bennybear thank you. The experience was not only special for us but it is in a part of the world that we would be very hesitant to travel in today. Like Israel and Egypt, we are happy we were able to get to those places when we did. 

BTW, DH had both Covid and flu shots together a couple of weeks ago and he was much more ill from them than I was as I only took the Covid at that time. One shot at a time for me. 

Edited by arzz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

That is strange. I thought it was just a few people in my address book and I do have a few email addresses of people on various roll calls. But I don't have yours. I sure wish people could behave kindlier toward others.

Hmmm, maybe it’s the roll call and maybe you saved my email somehow (it’s in my signature). Weird but stranger things have happened so no worries. I look forward to meeting you in a year, gosh I wish it was sooner. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I got it yesterday and put it in my junk mail. I’m sorry this happened to you!  I didn’t know that CC was sharing our emails now. 

Graham, I’m sorry about your aunt’s passing, condolences to you and your family. Did she live nearby?  Will there be services you will attend?  

Thank you Sharon.

She was in a Home locally.

We will attend her funeral service.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Graham, condolences to you and Pauline on the passing of your Aunt.

Oy, Lenda! I'm glad you decided to get the motorhome checked out, so that something didn't happen while you were actually driving. Sorry for the limited hospitality of Van Horn, though. 

Terri, great news about your good results at your Doctor's visit. You deserve some good news. Try to get some rest.

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Home from my dental cleaning, all is good.  The dentist always asks about our travels, and they all had a laugh when I had to stop and think if we'll be home in 6 months for my next cleaning (we will be, but barely).

We're very happy with the roof cleaning company, and will definitely be calling them next time.  We were having trouble finding someone who would do the roof and the gutters, this company does both and all the skylights.  And they did a fantastic job and cleaned up everything.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser I groaned when I read about your troubles on the road!  Thank goodness it seems to be an easy fix, but not what you'd planned on happening!  And thank goodness you're ok.

Graham @grapau27 My condolences on the death of your Auntie.

@Cruzin Terri Congratulations on the great BP and labs!

6 hours ago, quilty964 said:

@grapau27Sorry to hear about your Auntie.  May you be comforted by happy memories.  

@Quartzsite CruiserSorry to hear about your motorhome problems...hoping the repairs go well.  

Karen

6 hours ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.

It has been a quiet day here in mid-Michigan.  My Ohio friends left around noon and Sue and I spent the afternoon doing leaves.  They'll need to be done again in a couple of days.  

@grapau27

Condolences2.jpg.e78fed471751d384659dd52df8e6643e.jpg

@Quartzsite Cruiser and @marshhawk  I hope you two didn't start something with the car breakdown gremlins.  Lenda, I'm sorry about your delay.  What a place to be stranded!  That shouldn't be happening in a vehicle as new as yours.

@Cruising-along Carolyn, what do they do to the skylights?  We have four of them.  As far as I can tell, they mostly need to be cleaned.  Not sure River is up to that.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad your appointments went so well.  Congratulations on the great blood tests.

I got a letter from my PCP about an appointment they scheduled for me in January.  Problem is the only hospital in town, who owns most of the physician practices in town, has dropped my insurance.  They dumped several thousand of us and told us we could just get new insurance.  Most of us get our insurance as a retirement benefit and it is the only option.  They told me I could just pay the out of network surcharges.  I told them to take a hike.  I'll find another doctor next town over, but more elderly patients with transportation issues are between a rock and hard place.  Networks are the invention of the devil.  

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@grapau27

Graham, I am so sorry to read of your Aunt’s passing. I hope wonderful memories help to ease your pain. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, thank goodness you and Steve were close to civilization when this happened. And that RV company should be ashamed of themselves. Hope the weekend isn’t too painful. 

@dfish Debbie, I agree - Networks are not about what is best for people’s health and well being. I am so sorry. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

@grapau27 condolences on the loss of your aunt.  

4 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27 Deepest sympathy on the loss of you dear Aunt.  She had a long life. ✝️

Lenda oh my with the wheel bearings going on your brand new motor home, thank goodness you weren't in no man's land yet.  I hope whoever drops you off at your motel will let you make a quick stop for some adult beverages or snacks.  Thanks for sharing Roy's update.  

Our drive home was absolutely gorgeous. 

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham and Pauline, my condolences on the loss of your dear Aunt who passed away.  Age 97 is a good long life, but I'm sorry to hear she had Alzheimer's.  I'm sure you have many happy memories of time spent with her.😢

Lenda, my oh my, I would guess you two aren't happy about this delay in your trip.  I wish there was more around for your entertainment over the weekend.  I second the adult beverage suggestion.  You'll get lots of reading done, too.  I'm sorry this had to happen to your new RV but at least you weren't out in the middle of nowhere, even though Van Horn feels like that!  This article talks about Gilbert's Restaurant which may be the one John Madden ate meals at, as @SJSULIBRARIAN said.  It's on East Broadway.

https://texashighways.com/culture/people/welcome-to-van-horn-the-biggest-little-town-in-west-texas/

Good luck and keep in touch.

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I got it yesterday and put it in my junk mail. I’m sorry this happened to you!  I didn’t know that CC was sharing our emails now. 

Graham, I’m sorry about your aunt’s passing, condolences to you and your family. Did she live nearby?  Will there be services you will attend?  

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

@grapau27 My condolences on the loss of your aunt. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nothing like making life interesting! Good for you to just roll with the punches and keep on going. 

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Late to the party but want to wish @Overhead Fred happy birthday!  And glad things are healing well! 
@Seasick Sailorhappy anniversary! 
@arzzwhat an amazing experience,. I truly enjoyed your description! 
@smitty34877 glad those fires have stopped! 

@grapau27 Condolences on the loss of your aunt!  
@Quartzsite Cruiser yikes!  I hope Ford pays!  Always something!

@Cruising-along I could use those cleaners!  
DH is much better today but still had a nearly two hour nap.  I think I’ll do my shots separately.   I wish we could get Novavax as we had no side effects.  
Feeling sad, our elderly neighbours have sold their home in two days!  We’ll miss them but good for them!  
Good night all!  @erewhon,  good day! 

Pauline and I thank you all for your kind words after the loss of my Aunty Jean.

Graham xx

• Like 1