SeaGypsy Emergency

RevNeal

Glad to see the line back up. They have been in my thoughts and prayers. Any update and possible an address where we could send a note and card would be great.

Linda

Linda: if you will email me at buffnbou at cox dot net, I will email you Tija's address. I feel uncomfortable posting it on the CC.

I know that Tija would not mind receiving cards for Patrick.

This offer is open to any other CCer who would like to send them a card or note.

Thank you for reminding me, Bill. I've been thnking I needed to look up Tija & Patrick's address on-line. Your post reminded me that I already have their address - on the beautiful 'business' card that Tija has for cruises.

For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Tija - yet, she has used her computer to create a card to share contact info on cruises. This includes great picture of the two of them, taken on a formal night (Crystal, if memory serves). She does this so people who cruise a lot, will have an easier time with a face to put with the name.

I just received a nice email from Tija and she asked that the following encouraging message be posted here for all to see:

Hello Dear Friends,

First, let me apologize for not answering sooner. I leave the house at 7:30 am and return at 8:30 pm. Just time to wash up and go to bed, start over again. I am at his bedside the entire time and I participate in his care. He wants it that way and I don’t want to be anyplace else. Please, I must humbly and gratefully THANK all the wonderful people on this board that have been praying for us. Prayer works!!! God is good. Yesterday, Patrick managed to get off the ventilator after a couple of tries. He now has his trache capped. Hooray! Big step forward. While he remains very weak he will begin physical therapy to build his strength. After 7 weeks flat on his back it will take time. He is still being dialyzed, his kidneys are trying. My friends, we have a long slow road ahead but thanks to God and prayer he has turned the corner. I love you all.

With love, Tija

I just received a nice email from Tija and she asked that the following encouraging message be posted here for all to see:

Hello Dear Friends,

First, let me apologize for not answering sooner. I leave the house at 7:30 am and return at 8:30 pm. Just time to wash up and go to bed, start over again. I am at his bedside the entire time and I participate in his care. He wants it that way and I don’t want to be anyplace else. Please, I must humbly and gratefully THANK all the wonderful people on this board that have been praying for us. Prayer works!!! God is good. Yesterday, Patrick managed to get off the ventilator after a couple of tries. He now has his trache capped. Hooray! Big step forward. While he remains very weak he will begin physical therapy to build his strength. After 7 weeks flat on his back it will take time. He is still being dialyzed, his kidneys are trying. My friends, we have a long slow road ahead but thanks to God and prayer he has turned the corner. I love you all.

With love, Tija

That's great news!

Although I don't know them, I have been following this post about Tija and Patrick and am so happy to hear he's turned a corner. This has been a long ordeal for both of them and it's not over yet. I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

So very glad to hear about the capped trach. Little improvements each day are what make a successful recovery.

Bill, we sent a note and card today thank you for your help.

Linda

Has it really been 7 weeks? It just doesn't seem that long, but that's what Tija referenced in her message.

Every night when I log on & see this thread bumped up, I fear the worst, but hope for good news. SO glad that it's good this time - let's hope that it's good from here forward. :)

I've never met Tija & Patrick. For those of you who know them personally, please please please implore her to take care of herself. She needs to so that she can take care of him. Best to them both.

I feel as Susan does every day when I see this thread with new posts on my subscription page. I click on it, actually close my eyes hoping for good news.

It's amazing how we can feel such concern, hope and mercy for people we have never met. But Tija and Patrick are part of this community that I'm a part of and so I pray for them.

As I read Tija's note, I felt something run through me which I knew was the relief of knowing that Patrick and Tija are going to make it through this.

Blessings to you both, Tija and Patrick. I hope you feel the touch of my hands on your tired shoulders. Love.

Archived