Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

Hmm...If there is a curtain to separate the bed from the seating area (like on the Radiance class RCCL ships), I think I would prefer the bed by the window configuration. I tend to stay up later than Lee, this way I could use the desk and washroom without disturbing him in bed.

Though, the bed by the door configuration would give a nice big seating area by the balcony doors which would great loafing.

Win-win, I suppose.

Yes, I agree about the curtain. I usually am the 1st one up (getting prepared for room service delivery of my coffee) and that curtain sure is nice to have. I would say that the bed near the balcony would be our 1st choice. If we happened to get the opposite...a seating area next to the balcony wouldn't be too bad either.

I love the look of the bathroom also. Drawers ... who thought one could get excited about drawers!! I also like the sink being higher than the counter top...less of a chance to get water all over them.

Well no wonder the shipyard was too busy to change the webcam picture! Instead the engines of Solstice were started! Click to use the zoom feature on the new picture taken after the start up:

http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/s%20675_engine_pr_mg_0742.jpg

There are some other pictures of the Solstice engine start up event at the Lawn Club as well as the pictures first steel cutting for Eclipse!

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=1498

Also check out Solstice event dates:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=3&subs=0&did=643

Enjoy!

Bonnie

Is it my imagination, or do the balconies have windows instead of being open to air?????? My worse fear may have been realized. With so many people falling/jumping from cruiseships, my husband said it would be a matter of time before they started enclosing the balconies. Does anybody else notice the Solstice photos look like the balconies are encased in windows???

Jo-Ann

I was worried about the same thing until I looked at the photo a little closer. Those metal barriers in the photos must be temporary, because if you look closely you can see the glass railing on the edge of the balcony and then there is the metal barrier positioned outside the glass railing... a glass railing would be fairly pointless if the entire balcony was enclosed. Also, if you look at some recent photos of the Solstice, like this one, http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/celebrity%20sostice/s%20675%20hires.jpg there aren't any enclosures surrounding the balconies.

Do we think the 1A cabins are more expensive that CC because of the possibility of a larger balcony? We typically cruise CC, but we LUV the larger balconies that aft has afforded on the Millinium class. Might consider a 1A if we thought we'd have a larger balcony.

Can someone please help me with my cabin selection. We are currently in 9304 (C2), but I'm worried that it may be too close to the "hump" and obstruct our forward view. There are cabins available further aft. And, does anyone have a clue on the balcony of 9366 and similar cabins? It appears to have a slightly larger balcony from the pic, but recent photos of the ship don't really show any difference in those balconies from all the rest.

Do we think the 1A cabins are more expensive that CC because of the possibility of a larger balcony? We typically cruise CC, but we LUV the larger balconies that aft has afforded on the Millinium class. Might consider a 1A if we thought we'd have a larger balcony.

I didn't think the 1A's were more money....you have piqued my curiousity...I have to go and take a look now. I don't think the balconies are bigger except for any that might be on an angle near the hump.

I was looking at a photo of the port side of the Solstice this morning, and when I expanded the picture it looks like they forgot the "L" in the ships name "Celebrity Solstice" on the port side of the bow.

Hypo

I was looking at a photo of the port side of the Solstice this morning, and when I expanded the picture it looks like they forgot the "L" in the ships name "Celebrity Solstice" on the port side of the bow.

Hypo

It looks like the "L" is there to me...maybe I just don't know starboard from port.:o

I just started checking out the Solstice - really interested in Equinox for Jan 2010. I have seen several references to bigger improved cabins over Millenium Class. However, when I check the Solstice info on the Celebrity Website for CC cabins, the stateroom size is basically the same (194 versus 191). Also, it appears that Solstice bathroom has only a shower while the Millenium class have a full bathtub. Am I missing something?

Also, it appears that Solstice bathroom has only a shower while the Millenium class have a full bathtub.

Wrong --- Millennium-Class regular staterooms (Outside, Inside, Verandah (including the FVs on the aft corners), and Concierge Class) do NOT have full bathtubs -- only the stall showers. I think I recall you have to book a Sky Suite before there's a real bathTUB.

Wrong --- Millennium-Class regular staterooms (Outside, Inside, Verandah (including the FVs on the aft corners), and Concierge Class) do NOT have full bathtubs -- only the stall showers. I think I recall you have to book a Sky Suite before there's a real bathTUB.

The deck plans show a bath tub in concierge class.

The deck plans show a bath tub in concierge class.

I think what you're looking at is actually the shower stall shown as a small square. If you look at the picture of the Sky Suite there is a real difference in the objects that depict a bathtub and shower stall.

You are correct. I found some photos. I have been on three (3) Millenium class ships but just did not remember. From looks of deck plan the shower looks larger than the normal microshowers on some ships.

I have been in Conceirge Class once and there was not

a tub. The shower and bathroom seemed to be the same size

as all my other cabins (which are 99% of the time inside cabins).

Well, we booked an aft-facing C1 on the Penthouse deck for the November 23 cruise. It appears we'll be doing without our beloved extra space we've become so fond of on Infinity and Summit. No worries--it will still be great. I only worry now about some sort of overhang. We typically have breakfast on our balcony......would be nice to have protection from possible elements!

Seems that new ships are getting more and more modularized so not than many differences in cabins. On the other extreme, I was on the Norway a few years back and I don't think there were two cabins with the same shape. It's fun to find those cabins with the larger balconies or more area but there doesn't seem to be too many (if any) on the Solstice class ships.

This is a word I do not use often but they look FABULOUS!

Hey Schplinky -- wondering if you took a look at the latest release on Oasis of the Seas today. I know you are also a fan of RCI. Quite amazing stuff they're doing. I have a feeling Solstice will be more my speed (and am actually most looking forward to my trip on smaller Azamara). but, I know that I will HAVE to give Oasis a try at some point...just to marvel at it.

Archived