Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

but, I know that I will HAVE to give Oasis a try at some point...just to marvel at it.

I have no idea if I'll like a super-duper-mega-ultra ship like that more than the "normal" ships, but like you said... You gotta try this thing at least once! :eek::eek::eek:

Hey Schplinky -- wondering if you took a look at the latest release on Oasis of the Seas today. I know you are also a fan of RCI. Quite amazing stuff they're doing. I have a feeling Solstice will be more my speed (and am actually most looking forward to my trip on smaller Azamara). but, I know that I will HAVE to give Oasis a try at some point...just to marvel at it.

Darren,

I WAS THERE!!!!!

Got invited to the press event and used it as a chance to visit NYC. There were gasps throughout the room as they unveiled the plans.

Good gasps.

smaller ships will be the better bet for us--Solstice is about the biggest we might like --even QM 2 was too much walking to get from anyplace to any other place...

everyone can do what they prefer but hope the big ones will not ruin all the ports for the rest of us!.... the pics of those really big ones look like housing projects in the city!

smaller ships will be the better bet for us--Solstice is about the biggest we might like --even QM 2 was too much walking to get from anyplace to any other place...

everyone can do what they prefer but hope the big ones will not ruin all the ports for the rest of us!.... the pics of those really big ones look like housing projects in the city!

We are fans of smaller ships..and will be on the Constellation t/a in September and have signed on for 11/09 for the Equinox.. I hope we havent made a mistake.. I dont want ice skating, a golf course, a bocce course or rock climbing... Id like old fashioned cruising...not a mega resort

I'm not sure what city you live in but sign me up!

We are fans of smaller ships..and will be on the Constellation t/a in September...

Ten years ago, this would have seemed such a funny and contradictory statement.

I'm not sure what city you live in but sign me up!

Ten years ago, this would have seemed such a funny and contradictory statement.

Several years ago on the NCL Majesty I personally bemoaned to the Captain the larger and larger ships planned for the Boston to Bermuda run.. His answer sadly was.... people want bigger and bigger cars........ Next year the NCL Spirit is so much bigger than the NCL Majesty was that they will be unable to go through the cut at St. George, thus...docking at a charming unspoiled area is lost...

Darren,

I WAS THERE!!!!!

Got invited to the press event and used it as a chance to visit NYC. There were gasps throughout the room as they unveiled the plans.

Good gasps.

I thought I saw you in one of the Cruise Critic photos. What a nice treat! Hope you enjoyed your stay in NYC.

Several years ago on the NCL Majesty I personally bemoaned to the Captain the larger and larger ships planned for the Boston to Bermuda run.. His answer sadly was.... people want bigger and bigger cars........ Next year the NCL Spirit is so much bigger than the NCL Majesty was that they will be unable to go through the cut at St. George, thus...docking at a charming unspoiled area is lost...

This is off subject, but doesn't the NCL Dawn go to Bermuda and isn't that ship large? What about the RCL Explorer. Do the larger ships just tender in?

I've finally worked my way through the 54 pages of this thread but haven't seen anything about this, so will ask my question.

At the aft of Solstice there are what appear to be large portholes, which at the moment are boarded up. Will these actually be portholes into those aft corner cabins, or are they just a design feature?

This is off subject, but doesn't the NCL Dawn go to Bermuda and isn't that ship large? What about the RCL Explorer. Do the larger ships just tender in?

No tenders.

NCL Dream, Majesty - St. George

NCL Dawn, RCI Grandeur & Explorer - Kings Wharf

• Veranda with whirlpool and lounge seating

* For a nominal fee

Does anyone know what the nominal fee will be for suites with lounge seating?

My imagination is getting carried away with what this lounge seating might entail. Has anyone experienced it on any other ships?

Just Curious....:confused:

• Veranda with whirlpool and lounge seating

* For a nominal fee

Does anyone know what the nominal fee will be for suites with lounge seating?

My imagination is getting carried away with what this lounge seating might entail. Has anyone experienced it on any other ships?

Just Curious....:confused:

I read it as:

•Wireless internet access*

•Veranda features lounge seating

* For a nominal fee

So the nominal fee is for the internet access, as indicated by the asterisk, not for the lounge seating. I believe the lounge seating means that there are loungers on the veranda rather than just chairs.

Archived