Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

I read it as:

•Wireless internet access*

•Veranda features lounge seating

* For a nominal fee

So the nominal fee is for the internet access, as indicated by the asterisk, not for the lounge seating. I believe the lounge seating means that there are loungers on the veranda rather than just chairs.

Thank You for pointing out the proper asterisk placement.

Due to the lack of one; I wonder if there will be free internet access in the Penthouses?;)

I've finally worked my way through the 54 pages of this thread but haven't seen anything about this, so will ask my question.

At the aft of Solstice there are what appear to be large portholes, which at the moment are boarded up. Will these actually be portholes into those aft corner cabins, or are they just a design feature?[/quote

Which picture are you looking at Tigrou? The portholes on Resort and Penthouse decks are for the larger Sky Suites facing aft. They have a window and patio door with a larger balcony.

If you are talking about the large round holes in the steel running up the port and starboard sides of the ship at the aft, no one knows what those will be. We assume, as you did, that these will be round windows for the Larger Sky Suites on the corners.

Another interesting sight is the 4 to 5 ft gap between cabins 1204 and 1206 in the rear facing cabins. It follows down on all the decks. Those people may have a larger balcony because of this extra area.:)

Hope this helps

Jerry and Patty in Washington state.

Another interesting sight is the 4 to 5 ft gap between cabins 1204 and 1206 in the rear facing cabins. It follows down on all the decks. Those people may have a larger balcony because of this extra area.:)

I hope you are right, since I am in 1206. :D

I hope you are right, since I am in 1206. :D

Here's the picture, see for yourself. I was in 1204 on the 12/4/09 cruise and we moved up to 1667 on the Penthouse deck. It really looks like there is a gap between 1204 and 1206.

Jerry and Patty

484099099_solsticeaftcabins.jpg.25ae352d11ae7dc0b8c0ee8697f52dca.jpg

Which picture are you looking at Tigrou? The portholes on Resort and Penthouse decks are for the larger Sky Suites facing aft. They have a window and patio door with a larger balcony.

If you are talking about the large round holes in the steel running up the port and starboard sides of the ship at the aft, no one knows what those will be. We assume, as you did, that these will be round windows for the Larger Sky Suites on the corners.

Hope this helps

Jerry and Patty in Washington state.

Thank you. I was looking at the shipyard photos of the port side and also the one aft which you've posted below, and did mean the large round holes in the steel at the aft.

Are the Sky Suites with the door and window going to be bigger than the ones on the corners? The pricing is the other way around, if you see what I mean - the corners are more expensive. And the website says they're all the same size.

Thanks for the updated picture...really looks like a ship at this point--can't wait to see some more interior shots...was someone going to visit the shipyard soon?

Hcat,

Ellbon will hopefully post pictures from a friend soon. Also another CC member just visited the shipyard and will be posting her pictures next week.

Here's this week's picture:

2072159685_Solstice-070708.jpg.99ae192acd883a7233b6db5f0ba0cf92.jpg

Bonnie

Thank you. I was looking at the shipyard photos of the port side and also the one aft which you've posted below, and did mean the large round holes in the steel at the aft.

Are the Sky Suites with the door and window going to be bigger than the ones on the corners? The pricing is the other way around, if you see what I mean - the corners are more expensive. And the website says they're all the same size.

The S-1 sky suites are on the corner and have a larger balcony area so they are more expenses. They have the same cabin size and layout. The S-2 sky suites are facing aft and they have only a slightly larger balcony so they are priced differently.

Jerry and Patty

I noticed Solstice has a lot of alternative restaurants, how many and what are the names? Can anyone eat there? I'm assuming Equinox will have the same since they are sister ships.

Alternate Restaurants are:

• Silk Harvest serving Asian food
  • Tuscan Grille serving steaks and Italian food
  • Murano serving Celebrity's original specialty restaurant continental cuisine
  • Blu open primarily to guests booked in the Aqua Spa cabins & suite guests
  • Bistro on Five serving crepes and other goodies 24/7
  • Cafe el Bacio serving coffee drinks, fantastic pastries & gelatos

Other restaurants (not specialty) include:

• Grand Epernay (main dining room)
  • Buffet area (don't remember it's name
  • Pool Grille

There is supposed to be a tenth but I'm not sure what it is at the moment.

Hope this helps....yes, I'm sure Equinox will have the same restaurants.

Alternate Restaurants are:

• Silk Harvest serving Asian food
  • Tuscan Grille serving steaks and Italian food
  • Murano serving Celebrity's original specialty restaurant continental cuisine
  • Blu open primarily to guests booked in the Aqua Spa cabins & suite guests
  • Bistro on Five serving crepes and other goodies 24/7
  • Cafe el Bacio serving coffee drinks, fantastic pastries & gelatos

Other restaurants (not specialty) include:

• Grand Epernay (main dining room)
  • Buffet area (don't remember it's name
  • Pool Grille

There is supposed to be a tenth but I'm not sure what it is at the moment.

Hope this helps....yes, I'm sure Equinox will have the same restaurants.

The buffet restaurant is called the Oceanview Cafe and Bar. The Mast Bar & Grill is on the pool deck and the AquaSpa Cafe is next to the Solarium.

Thanks so much for listing the restaurants. I'm hoping Equinox will have the same.

Will it be that everyone is assigned a dining time in the main dining room and you can make reservations at the other places for a certain fee (like on other ships)?

Can you go to Bistro on Five serving crepes and other goodies 24/7 and

Cafe el Bacio serving coffee drinks, fantastic pastries & gelatos any time or will you need a reservation there too?

Rolfcms ~ thanks for filling in the names of the Oceanview and Mast Bar & Grille...and the AquaSpa Cafe....don't know how I forgot that one!!!!

So many choices that a 7 day cruise isn't going to be long enough on this ship!

I just typed a response, SF and it didn't take so I'm trying again.

Aqua Spa cabins will be assigned to early or late seating in Blu. Everyone else will be assigned to early or late in the main dining room. You will be able to make reservations in Murano, Silk Harvest and Tuscan Grille for dinner. Silk Harvest is also open for lunch.

Only Bistro on Five is open 24/7. You will not need reservations for either Bistro on Five nor Cafe al Bacio. They are more of a show up and sit down kind of places. I will be spending a lot of time in these two places. The food samples from these two outlets was awesome!

Can't wait to be sailing Solstice!

Sounds great! Really looking forward to our Equinox trip now if it's going to be like Solstice.

Do you know the cost to dine at Murano, Silk Harvest and Tuscan Grille? Will you be able to make a reservation online prior to the cruise or only once on board? I'm sure the restaurants on Equinox will be similar but named differently.

Cost is as follows according to Dominique Gamba, head of F&B on Solstice:

Murano - $30

Tuscan Grille - $25

Silk Harvest - $20

Specialty restaurant reservations will open on line 90 days prior to sailing. At least that is the plan explained to us earlier this week. I didn't specifically ask if that included all three restaurants above but I'll try to double check that.

boereseun ~ you are most welcome! There's lots of fun stuff on the shipyard website....I visit at least once a week!

Hypo ~ thanks for the photo link....hadn't seen this one yet. She looks fantastic! :)

Anne, you just had to post the Bacio goodies, didn't you? ;) Oh my....I'm going to have to pretend I have no idea where it's located :D . Thanks for your pics.

Another link....the production company on the Solstice. Looks like something DH and I will thoroughly enjoy. :)

http://www.poettheatricals.com/news.html

When I looked at the picture again, it appears that they have already removed the venting ductwork that was in place over the smokestacks. I know that they have already test-run the engines, so if the vent stack is gone, I guess the engine testing was a success.

Hypo

Archived