All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Where is Navigator sailing from, Galveston? Much less desirable trip for many

She's in FLL in the winter 2015 and spring 2016. There are some decent prices on her.

She does 5/9 nights in winter 2016/ spring 2017 out of Miami and here are some great rates on those as well. Got a 5 day in March 2017 for the same as a 4 day on Rhapsody out of PC.

Does FOS, or RCI in general, have mid day tea times like at Princess?

Royal has afternoon snacks in the Windjammer (buffet), and you might find some scones there, but it's nothing like what's been reported on Princess.

Royal has afternoon snacks in the Windjammer (buffet), and you might find some scones there, but it's nothing like what's been reported on Princess.

Yeah, Princess has a full blown tea time in one of the dining halls complete with scones, mini sandwiches and pastries. It's actually one of my favorite activities when we were on the Royal Princess last year. It made coming back from port calls truly enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Princess has a full blown tea time in one of the dining halls complete with scones, mini sandwiches and pastries. It's actually one of my favorite activities when we were on the Royal Princess last year. It made coming back from port calls truly enjoyable.

Don't fool yourselves! Princess has a poor excuse for a proper afternoon tea! What they serve is a far cry from a scone and whipped cream is NOT clotted cream!!! Having said that it is a lot more pleasant than the crowds in the windjammer. But give me a proper scone with black current jam and then topped with good Devonshire clotted cream and a nice pot of tea and I'd be in heaven for sure!

Don't fool yourselves! Princess has a poor excuse for a proper afternoon tea! What they serve is a far cry from a scone and whipped cream is NOT clotted cream!!! Having said that it is a lot more pleasant than the crowds in the windjammer. But give me a proper scone with black current jam and then topped with good Devonshire clotted cream and a nice pot of tea and I'd be in heaven for sure!

Never experienced a proper British tea time so this was a treat for us. I'll definitely try to do a proper afternoon tea when I'm in the UK...

. But give me a proper scone with black current jam and then topped with good Devonshire clotted cream and a nice pot of tea and I'd be in heaven for sure!

I am Cornish born and bred, and I love a cream tea (which is not an afternoon tea, that's something different!) and what you have described is a Cornish cream tea...scone, then jam, then clotted cream. For a Devonshire cream tea, the cream goes on before the jam.

I'm a mine of useless information! [emoji1][emoji1]

I am Cornish born and bred, and I love a cream tea (which is not an afternoon tea, that's something different!) and what you have described is a Cornish cream tea...scone, then jam, then clotted cream. For a Devonshire cream tea, the cream goes on before the jam.

I'm a mine of useless information! [emoji1][emoji1]

Speaking of being Cornish, thank you for creating pasties. One of my all time favorite foods!

I haven't sailed on Carnival since 2012, so I'm not sure if they still do, but they had a pretty impressive afternoon tea in the MDR on both Destiny (now Sunshine) and Dream.

This wouldn't be a difficult thing for RC to do, and people really do enjoy it.

I would appreciate any help/input on independent excursion Co. for the FOS western itinerary . Leaving May 10 and some of the excursions are sold out thru RCL. Any and all port info is appreciated .

Joe

Stingray Sailing for GC...gets great reviews

Courtney Taylor for Blue Hole or DRF in Jamaica.

I have NOT gone on both excursions yet but am booked with both and my experience thus far has been solid.

Edited by phade

Are the karaoke booths still on Freedom after her dry dock upgrades?

Booths? I don't remember any other than the different venues they do karaoke at night. If you remember where, I'll look.

The booths were in the On Air Club, deck 3, aft.

Right outside the normal karaoke place.

Two small booths where you could do karaoke without being on a stage in front of a crowd - the only way my wife will do it! :-)

We enjoyed them immensely when we were on FREEDOM in May of 2013 but I think that area was changed somewhat in dry dock.

The booths were in the On Air Club, deck 3, aft.

Well Bob, you gave me something else to do next week. I don't think I went in there on my first Freedom cruise, but I will be sure to stop by at to try and be as helpful as you next time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is something happening with Freedom next summer? I looked at an August cruise I was interested in and almost every suite comes up as N/A. It shows this for a few cruises. I can't believe that everything is fully booked over a year away
Doing a B2B Dave last two weeks in April and the JS price that I paid is now more than double now!.....K.O.:eek: