All Things Freedom of the Seas!

My family consisting of myself, husband & 3 sons (18,15 &5) are sailing on The Freedom on February 11. We have sailed Disney our past 2 vacations, so the operations of RCI are a bit different (drink packages, booking the dining room times)

If I read correctly I have to pre-book tickets to the ice show? I haven’t pre-booked anything but the dining room [emoji849]

Also, does anyone know if our 18 yo can access the teen club? He’s a senior in high school. He loved hanging out there when on previous cruises. The age

cut off says 17 on what I have read on line. I don’t want him to be disappointed

Thanks for any advise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family consisting of myself, husband & 3 sons (18,15 &5) are sailing on The Freedom on February 11. We have sailed Disney our past 2 vacations, so the operations of RCI are a bit different (drink packages, booking the dining room times)

If I read correctly I have to pre-book tickets to the ice show? I haven’t pre-booked anything but the dining room [emoji849]

Also, does anyone know if our 18 yo can access the teen club? He’s a senior in high school. He loved hanging out there when on previous cruises. The age

cut off says 17 on what I have read on line. I don’t want him to be disappointed

Thanks for any advise!

There are no pre-cruise reservations for any entertainment on Freedom. If they have some sort of ticket distribution for the ice show, you will be notified on board.

From what I've read, they are strict about not allowing anyone over 17 into the teen club.

There are no pre-cruise reservations for any entertainment on Freedom. If they have some sort of ticket distribution for the ice show, you will be notified on board.

From what I've read, they are strict about not allowing anyone over 17 into the teen club.

Thank you! I appreciate your response [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Boarding the Freedom on 3/3 trying to find out when the formal nights are for an 8 day. I saw that the first formal day is day 2. How about the second formal night?

Thanks!

Hello!

We are on FOTS with you on the 3rd. From what I have read and seen, it is the second and the second to the last night. Can’t find where I read that, but that is what we are planning on anyhow. I hope you enjoy your cruise!!!!:):):):)

Hello!

We are on FOTS with you on the 3rd. From what I have read and seen, it is the second and the second to the last night. Can’t find where I read that, but that is what we are planning on anyhow. I hope you enjoy your cruise!!!!:):):):)

Thanks jake. We are really looking forward to it! See you on ship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just booked our first cruise since our honeymoon (2003). It will be me, my husband and 6 year old daughter. I booked room 1854, the Ocean View Panoramic Suite (no balcony) category VP on Freedom of the Seas in June.

I understand RC is recategorizing some of their rooms. What benefits can I expect with this room? Is it considered a suite now (will be in June when we sail) ? If so, what benefits does that entail? I want to make sure I’m getting full use of what I paid for.

Thank you for any insight. I did find the thread on this topic posted a year ago but the categories were still a bit unknown.

I just booked our first cruise since our honeymoon (2003). It will be me, my husband and 6 year old daughter. I booked room 1854, the Ocean View Panoramic Suite (no balcony) category VP on Freedom of the Seas in June.

I understand RC is recategorizing some of their rooms. What benefits can I expect with this room? Is it considered a suite now (will be in June when we sail) ? If so, what benefits does that entail? I want to make sure I’m getting full use of what I paid for.

Thank you for any insight. I did find the thread on this topic posted a year ago but the categories were still a bit unknown.

Have not seen any reports on those cabins - I think the re-categorization only goes into affect in May.

Yes, we are sailing in June after the change. Wasn’t sure if anyone knew what that includes.

We have 1804 booked, which is the same room type, and are also interested in any additional information that can be shared.

After many years of planning, reading reviews, etc think I am going to book our first ever cruise, and I don't know what the heck I'm doing! Great prices for FOS for 7 night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan in September. I've been reading this thread for the last hour and have learned so much. Definitely booking a balcony room, one of the "hump" rooms if the prices aren't too much more. Where do I find info on drink packages, etc? I rarely drink fountain drinks so I have no interest in that, but it would definitely be worth it for my husband. Do both of us have to get the same type of drink package? With 4 port days on the itinerary, I am not sure that an alcohol drink package makes sense for us as we'd only really have time to use it on the sea days probably (or at least that is what I've read). Maybe it's best to just pay for a few drinks here and there.

I've also read that for some cruise lines, gratuities are already included in the prices. I know that is the case with drinks, but are the tips for room stewards, dining room staff, etc already included in the cost of the cruise?

After many years of planning, reading reviews, etc think I am going to book our first ever cruise, and I don't know what the heck I'm doing! Great prices for FOS for 7 night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan in September. I've been reading this thread for the last hour and have learned so much. Definitely booking a balcony room, one of the "hump" rooms if the prices aren't too much more. Where do I find info on drink packages, etc? I rarely drink fountain drinks so I have no interest in that, but it would definitely be worth it for my husband. Do both of us have to get the same type of drink package? With 4 port days on the itinerary, I am not sure that an alcohol drink package makes sense for us as we'd only really have time to use it on the sea days probably (or at least that is what I've read). Maybe it's best to just pay for a few drinks here and there.

I've also read that for some cruise lines, gratuities are already included in the prices. I know that is the case with drinks, but are the tips for room stewards, dining room staff, etc already included in the cost of the cruise?

You find into on the drink packages in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. Gratuities will be added to the drink package when you purchase the package. Currently, if you purcahse on the website, Royal requires anyone of drink age in the same stateroom to purchase the same alcolic beverage package. If you purchase by phone, you may be able to get a lesser package for those who don't want the alcoholic package.

Good Morning… we just got off Sunday :D we did the express departure…. We each had one suitcase and I had a purse plus a small bag…. There were people in line with huge suitcases with medium then small attached…. So didn’t seem to be any “rule” other than you absolutely have to be able to handle any/all of your own luggage! And there are ramps plus some distance to walk…. So be prepared to take care of yourself… no porters or gentlemen… unless you bring your own;)

Wish we could get back on the ship.... enjoy... Don't miss the First show and the last show in the Theater... also the Ice Show.... all are great, but these three are "don't miss!"

We are going on Freedom of the Seas on April 8th! we cant wait.. which shows exactly are a must not miss!?