Has the Majesty of the Seas gone downhill??

ommboz

Hi. I've been reading some of the reviews lately about the Majesty of the Seas, and am surprised to hear how much it's seems to have gone downhill. I've been reading reviews about terrible food, bad entertainment, staff that is unfriendly and unwilling to "go the extra mile" for a passenger.

I've sailed the Majesty a few times in the past, and have always been pleased -- good service, food and great staff and crew.

Has anyone had any other recent experiences on the Majesty? Has Royal Caribbean not put the effort into this ship anymore since it's the second oldest in the fleet? I'd like to go back on the Majesty again, but I don't want to be disappointed, especially since I had such great experiences before on her. Thanks for any feedback!:)

We were on Majesty last month. Our experience was totally positive. Great food, entertainment was first rate, crew was friendly, attentive, efficient. Even the embarkation / disembarkation was incredibly smooth. We would do Majesty again in a heartbeat.

We were on Majesty last month. Our experience was totally positive. Great food, entertainment was first rate, crew was friendly, attentive, efficient. Even the embarkation / disembarkation was incredibly smooth. We would do Majesty again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the updates on the Majesty - as I said, I've cruised on her before and would like to do it again. She's a small ship but has a lot of heart! I was just concerned about the increase in the number of bad reviews from people, but as it's been said, some people have different experiences than others.

I'm glad you would do the Majesty again in a heartbeat - I will plan on going again soon. I do like the smaller ships sometimes -- a little more intimate and manageable to get around!

Happy cruising to all who have a future cruise!

Thank you, CLAREA, for your reassuring comments. We are going on the MOS in about three weeks and, although I keep reading many positive comments about the ship and the cruise, it is always a downer to read a very negative (and recent) one. The latest posted review of the MOS was very negative, particularly insofar as it described the crew/staff as being extremely unfriendly and non-service oriented, which was quite disheartening. So, it is very good to hear of your own experience as a counter to that very critical review. Thanks!

majesty of the seas is great, as stated previously, preferences are subjective. And since capt johansen just returned from vacation, if anything about her is amiss, he'll have her back into shape in no time!

one week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a little bit of the priblem with the reviews...whether here or anywhere else is that more often than not people that have positive experiences dont post anything...and you can almost guarantee that someone that didnt enjoy themselves will post their thought...so you are reading a high percent of the bad reviews and a very low amount of the total good ones

The thing that bothers me about this type of question is that while the poster usually claims to have read numerous negative reviews of a particular ship, when they are pushed for more facts, they frequently are able to cite only one or at best a few negative reports which are greatly outnumbered by the positive ones about the same ship. I understand that negative reviews seem to receive more credence than positive ones, and certainly those who have a complaint, legitimate or not, are more likely to post about their problem, but I do think that before one concludes that things are really bad, they should do a bit more research and try to put any posted complaints in the context of the general views voiced here or elsewhere.:rolleyes:

The thing that bothers me about this type of question is that while the poster usually claims to have read numerous negative reviews of a particular ship, when they are pushed for more facts, they frequently are able to cite only one or at best a few negative reports which are greatly outnumbered by the positive ones about the same ship. I understand that negative reviews seem to receive more credence than positive ones, and certainly those who have a complaint, legitimate or not, are more likely to post about their problem, but I do think that before one concludes that things are really bad, they should do a bit more research and try to put any posted complaints in the context of the general views voiced here or elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Wasn't that the intent of the OP by posting this thread? :confused:

We just got off Friday..... everything was great... however we sailed on her a number of times while Captain Ole-Johan Gronhaug was the Captain... and everyone was was wonderful, including the Captain. There is constant maintenance and the Officers, Staff and Crew were friendly and efficient.... Food... well, everyone has their own take on that.... we think it is fine.... but if you are looking for gourmet... check out a land-side restaurant the night before you board (almost any ship):D

Hi. I've been reading some of the reviews lately about the Majesty of the Seas, and am surprised to hear how much it's seems to have gone downhill. I've been reading reviews about terrible food, bad entertainment, staff that is unfriendly and unwilling to "go the extra mile" for a passenger.

I've sailed the Majesty a few times in the past, and have always been pleased -- good service, food and great staff and crew.

Has anyone had any other recent experiences on the Majesty? Has Royal Caribbean not put the effort into this ship anymore since it's the second oldest in the fleet? I'd like to go back on the Majesty again, but I don't want to be disappointed, especially since I had such great experiences before on her. Thanks for any feedback!:)

Those same people complain about the quality of cruising on any ship, any cruiseline. I wonder why they continue to cruise?

Your attitude will determine the type of cruise you have. Enjoy! That's what we do.:)

Just off Majesty this past Friday and everything was great-- the ship is in excellent condition, the food and entertainment were good and the staff was excellent and a lot of fun. I did B2B cruises-- 4 nights on Grandeur, followed by 4 nights on the Majesty and the Majesty was the slightly better of the 2 cruises.

OP--

I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't sailed RCI yet, but still I will make a general observation. 1) Two different people who don't know each other can be on the same ship, have the same room stewards and the same dining staff etc. and one person could say that the service was awful and the other person could say that the service was the best they've ever had. It's all subjective. 2) People with bad experiences tend to complain more than people with good experiences. Believe me, I have first hand experience in this.

Go, have fun and enjoy the ship, I wouldn't listen to what others have to say. Any review, whether positive or negative, take with a grain of salt.

I've been reading some of the reviews lately about the Majesty of the Seas, and am surprised to hear how much it's seems to have gone downhill. I've been reading reviews about terrible food, bad entertainment, staff that is unfriendly and unwilling to "go the extra mile" for a passenger.

I too have been reading about the last 40 reviews here on CC as we will be onboard in 7 days. I did not get the impression that there were many negative reviews recently about the Majesty, in fact my over all impression was that for the last couple of months the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. I am not sure where the OP has read the negative reviews, I certainly did not see a significant number of them on here, that gave me the impression that its going downhill.

We are looking very much forward to sailing the Majesty and enjoying the many positives of this ship and its crew.

Just off Majesty this past Friday and everything was great-- the ship is in excellent condition, the food and entertainment were good and the staff was excellent and a lot of fun. I did B2B cruises-- 4 nights on Grandeur, followed by 4 nights on the Majesty and the Majesty was the slightly better of the 2 cruises.

So great to hear the good comments about the Majesty. The last time I sailed on her was about two years ago, and had a wonderful time -- great crew and staff and fantastic service. Glad to hear that it's still that way, and hopefully will be for some time to come. It was my first RCCL ship and I am planning on returning to sail on her later this year!

Happy Cruising to all! Nothing better than going on a cruise!

I've been on Majesty 3 (next weekend will be 4) times. I have noticed a drop in service. Rumor has it that some of the crew are upset that the ship is being moved to another sister line. Still, it's always been a really fun experience for me. I'm not one to let others control how much fun I have on vacation.

We just got off Friday..... everything was great... however we sailed on her a number of times while Captain Ole-Johan Gronhaug was the Captain... and everyone was was wonderful, including the Captain. There is constant maintenance and the Officers, Staff and Crew were friendly and efficient.... Food... well, everyone has their own take on that.... we think it is fine.... but if you are looking for gourmet... check out a land-side restaurant the night before you board (almost any ship):D

Doris,

Hoping you and Harry had a good Thanksgiving holiday. Glad to hear Majesty is still a great cruise. We are recently off our Enchantment B2B, and awaiting our Voyager Mardi Gras cruise from Galveston. Hope to sea you all again soon!

Rick and Deirdra

I was one that wrote a less than positive review. Compared to other ships in the RCCL fleet, the service to me (again subjective as a review is), was not up to RCCL's normal standards, actually to be honest, it was one of the worst in 26 cruises with RCCL. But again, that could just be me.

Archived