Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

Your right. It does seem that RC is gearing their cruises more to the "amusements" than to a more luxury cruise.

No offense to Carnival people, but if I wanted a Carnival cruise, I would be diamond with Carnival. My first cruise was on Carnival and it was so bad, it took my husband 10 years to convince me to go on another cruise. I vowed I would never go on a cruise again. But I love RC when we first started cruising.

Luxury? I don't think RCI was ever categorized as a Luxury Line, I think they're classified as Contemporary. Try Seabourn or Silverseas and then you'll see the difference...of course, so will your wallet!!! Now that would be a fantastic cruise and one I'm certainly preparing well in advance for! To cruise with Seabourn or even perhaps Crystal cruises on one of their World Cruises...incredible!

I'm sorry....I don't understand your acronyms? I keep reading your post and only thinking water closet (loo) for w/c.??? I still can't connect a definition of h/c or PVA? I am curious...and it sounds as though you are as disappointed as the rest of us are. :)

w/c = wheelchair

h/c = handicap

PVA = Paralyzed Veterans of America

I'm sorry....I don't understand your acronyms? I keep reading your post and only thinking water closet (loo) for w/c.??? I still can't connect a definition of h/c or PVA? I am curious...and it sounds as though you are as disappointed as the rest of us are. :)

I'm sure other persons with different handicaps probably are in the same predicament as the gentleman stated.

You are correct about that.

Our next cruise, on May 11, will not be affected.

I can bet that subject will be the talk of the CL

where we will go every evening, during that cruise.

The thing is, that "bugs us", is that SOMEBODY

pays for the Concierge Lounge. It is NOT FREE offered by

R.C.C.L. out of the goodness of management in Miami.

Every passenger on that ship, Diamond cruiser, Suite Cruiser, or, first cruisers are paying for that amenity...

So, since it is paid for by us and, others, we'll use it.

Now, we have a b-2-b in January 2010, on the VOYAGER of the SEAS.

We booked that ship because we like the CL and, to get away from the Denver area winter in Januarys...we enjoy that so much, we booked 2 cruises this January. Since we won't have the CL availible to us for those

2 cruises, do you suppose R.C.C.L. will refund a portion of our money paid for those cruises, we booked in anticipation of being able to use the Concierge Lounge?

Nah...never happen... :rolleyes:

Newly minted Cubic Zircons.

Hi GaryfmCol

We will be cruising on May 11th also on the Radiance

w/c = wheelchair

h/c = handicap

PVA = Paralyzed Veterans of America

Thank you so much :o I am horribly embarassed. :o Please accept my apologies. And now we all know...what they mean. Thanks. :) That is true. There are no handicapped accessible suites....so it is discriminatory, in that regard.

Hey Suzanne,

I appreciate the link. I have never sailed the Ex and I guess different ships, different sailings have different situations. I just have never really seen the over crowding in the overflow lounges. But then again, we don't always go, maybe just a couple of nights each sailing and we have late dining. 

I do hope RCI figures out a way to remedy this situation somehow, without continuing to upset its Diamond Members. There has to be a way that is better than the way it was handled a couple weeks ago. On that I think most agree.

I also appreciate your insight and knowledge about RCI and cruising. You are someone that gains the respect of all at CC. Intelligent, knowlegeable and fair minded. Thank you for that.

Happy Cruising,
Colleen[/quote]

Thank you Colleen:) I do suspect this is part of the disagreements on this thread, we all have different experiences and many of us prefer to sail certain ships or from ports close to our homes so we base our opinions sometimes on what we see when we cruise and they can be very different at times. I only sail the Ex. as the port is less then an hour from my home. I can't tell you what it's like on the Radience class ships or another CL and some ships may not be crowded. Maybe the Ex. draws a larger percentage of C & A members from the NYC area, I just don't know.

I do know Diamonds have a right to be upset over the change and I agree RCCL could have handled this in other ways but I also know that no matter what they did, it never would have pleased everyone.

I do believe they made this change at this time because they could get away with it. Meaning if you put this topic up to the general public right now and both sides of this issue were presented, there's a good chance given the state of the economy the general public would understand that RCCL made this cutback to save money as many are struggling themselves right now. Had RCCL made this decision when the economy was booming they'd look like real idiots. Now they just look like any other company cutting back today to stay in business.

It would be interesting if RCCL does discuss this topic on their new talk radio show or will they only discuss cruise topics on that radio show to sell cruises. I would like to see them have a honest exchange with C & A members of why this decision was made by giving us some facts like what the numbers of C & A are on each cruise, what is the impact to the company, etc. Not that they have to tell us all the details but I think it would be better then just sending out form letters saying sorry, you are out!

[/code]

Thank you Colleen:) I do suspect this is part of the disagreements on this thread, we all have different experiences and many of us prefer to sail certain ships or from ports close to our homes so we base our opinions sometimes on what we see when we cruise and they can be very different at times. I only sail the Ex. as the port is less then an hour from my home. I can't tell you what it's like on the Radience class ships or another CL and some ships may not be crowded. Maybe the Ex. draws a larger percentage of C & A members from the NYC area, I just don't know.

I do know Diamonds have a right to be upset over the change and I agree RCCL could have handled this in other ways but I also know that no matter what they did, it never would have pleased everyone.

I do believe they made this change at this time because they could get away with it. Meaning if you put this topic up to the general public right now and both sides of this issue were presented, there's a good chance given the state of the economy the general public would understand that RCCL made this cutback to save money as many are struggling themselves right now. Had RCCL made this decision when the economy was booming they'd look like real idiots. Now they just look like any other company cutting back today to stay in business.

It would be interesting if RCCL does discuss this topic on their new talk radio show or will they only discuss cruise topics on that radio show to sell cruises. I would like to see them have a honest exchange with C & A members of why this decision was made by giving us some facts like what the numbers of C & A are on each cruise, what is the impact to the company, etc. Not that they have to tell us all the details but I think it would be better then just sending out form letters saying sorry, you are out!

If you listened to the radio show it seemed to be geared for first time cruisers, I would be happy if they addressed C&A issues but that would seem to defeat the purpose of obtaining new cruisers.

AS you said:

----------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think what you're saying is....never let a good crisis go to wasteicon7.gif

Why would I feel embarassed? It is great! Who wouldn't love not having to worry with the "Hogs"! I am very grateful to RCL for the new Suite Perks, as well as the C&A changes and have sent letters informing them of my appreciation.

I guess different strokes for different folks!!! I wouldn't sit there at all.........no one is going to tell me where to sit and I'll be darn if I'd sit behind a roped off area!!! Some people like attention, but I don't!

You also mention not wanting to limit these meeting opportunities to D Plus and suite passengers. Does that mean that platinum and gold members are not worth meeting? How about people on their first cruise with no C&A status?

Oh my gosh! please note the smiley face on my original post :D

"As many have said, a major part of the Concierge Lounge enjoyment is the opportunity to meet others. I would not want to limit those meetings to only D plus and suite cruisers, especially suite cruisers like myself." :D

Bob :D

Dear, Dear, you certainly are an angry individual.:mad: My guess is that there are a lot less of you champions than those who are upset. Oh well to each his own, hopefully we won't meet anytime soon.:rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly! That would certainly be MY pleasure!:cool:

Quite funny though how "some" people also need to reply with such nonsense when their posts are questioned. Hmmm?

I suppose the only good thing that's come out of this is that hopefully you'll stick to your word and not book again on RCI, that would make for a pleasant trip for the other guests on board.

Peace Out!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I have enough class, graciousness and intellect to stop me from personally insulting you as you have done me!!! You wouldn't know the meaning of any of the first three adjectives, if they hit you on the head!!!

It appears to me that you do insult here. By the way, what three "adjectives" do you reference? Do you mean "mock, taunt and generalize"?:rolleyes:

Gee whiz, take it easy.:)

Bob :cool:

You are now all becoming totally ridiculous!! Throwing personal insults because someone puts the other side of the argument, is simply CHILDISH! GROW UP ALL OF YOU!!!

I have shown my support for the Diamonds from day one. Even was instrumental in getting Diamonds admitted to the CL on the Brilliance in February - RCCL had cleverly given me the cards although I was Diamond too. (I had made a fuss last year in the same situation)!! But I went out of my way to get my fellow Diamonds also admitted.

Many of us were aware that the situation with overcrowding was going to result in some sort of action being taken. Before the decision was taken, I had already written to RCCL informing them that, as older cruisers, if we didn't have the 'haven' of the CL to retire to, we would be forced to sail HAL.

I have mocked no-one and am quite aware that the reason behind the personal insults being thrown at me, is to get me off this thread, because I am one of the few who are able to see - and willing to state - both sides.

How you can be so downright NASTY I have no idea. Question of upbringing I guess!!

Sure wld enjoy knowing if anyone has had a reply to their e-mail, letter or phone call..suggesting to RC that they make the attainment of the D & D+ status a longer procedure and of course, offering an alternative to the no Ds in the CL..!!

Any guesses as to what RC might do on the smaller ships - stay the course & no Ds in the CL, allow them in during 'happy hour', have a separate lounge opened up just for Ds, give Ds coupons for a free drink or drinks or like Princess offer a designated area for Ds & a discounted drink each eve or ???

Also, just for 'fun' lets speculate when the CL will become off limits to D+ers also at the current rate of D+ attainment!

Have happy cruisin'! :)

Sure wld enjoy knowing if anyone has had a reply to their e-mail, letter or phone call..suggesting to RC that they make the attainment of the D & D+ status a longer procedure and of course, offering an alternative to the no Ds in the CL..!!

Any guesses as to what RC might do on the smaller ships - stay the course & no Ds in the CL, allow them in during 'happy hour', have a separate lounge opened up just for Ds, give Ds coupons for a free drink or drinks or like Princess offer a designated area for Ds & a discounted drink each eve or ???

Also, just for 'fun' lets speculate when the CL will become off limits to D+ers also at the current rate of D+ attainment!

Have happy cruisin'! :)

I don't think they will ever change back, it is a done deal, we will just move on to other cruise lines.

But if overcrowding was the real reason how can you think that one day the D+ want be kicked out also.

I am not saying I will not be on RCCL again, but first I have a few other cruise lines to check out first and some land base island vacation to do.:)

to those of you that have cancelled your cruise(s) with rci because of the diamond debacle, would you re-book if rci reinstated your access to the cl? Would you go back to making rci your default cruise line when planning vacations?

yes

-----------------------------------------------------------

I actually got up off my b*m and and did something and Diamonds were then admitted to the CL on the Brilliance.

Whilst I may not be flavour of the month with the Execs at RCCL, it seems that my ability to see the problems facing RCCL, are not respected by you either.

I would point out that just because passengers are Diamond Plus, doesn't mean that they can't have an opinion. And apart from the CL, we have lost many benefits also.

I also don't think that RCCL will lose many passengers. RCCL have lovely ships -most defectors will be back!! After all, unless they pay for a suite on other ships, they won't get a Concierge Lounge either!! And the ships are not as nice.

Anyway, Diamonds have their own Lounge, with all the trimmings, on the Freedom Class and Oasis. Those who miss the CL so much, can go on those ships - their choice. Its there for the taking!!

I was on the Brilliance in February and did my bit to get access to the CL.

I preferred the overflow bar with access to the CL out of hours, a solution that could be applied to ALL ships.

I was on that ship because of its size, staff and the overflow CL bar where we have meet many friendly people.

You say that RCCL will not lose many passengers as they will return because other ships dont have a CL and they are not as nice.

After JULY IST diamonds wont have a CL LOUNGE and I disagree that other ships are not as nice.

We have been on some beautiful ships with P&O, COSTA NCL etc.

There is the one other point

I paid more for the RCCL cruises than there competitiors because of this perk now it is being withdrawn I will look at price first.

EXAMPLE This month SOUTHAMPTON we are on the Independance, just to see what this mega ship is like, although we thought NAVIGATOR was just to big for our taste.

We could have gone on the P&O Ventura for less and the drinks are half the price of RCCL.

So if i do not like the large RCCL ships i do have a choIce after July save money and go on any ship any line offering the best deal.

This is not in RCCL or RCCL STOCKHOLDERS intrest surely if other Loyal Diamond members are feeling this way.

Still waiting to be informed by email

I don't think they will ever change back, it is a done deal, we will just move on to other cruise lines.

I keep asking - When in all that is good's name are all of ya'll leaving. Enough of the drama and just go. Washington's farewell to the troops took less time and energy. :rolleyes:

We get it. Now, if you want to stay and beat on that poor dead horse some more, at least add something new to the rant.

I keep asking - When in all that is good's name are all of ya'll leaving. Enough of the drama and just go. Washington's farewell to the troops took less time and energy. :rolleyes:

We get it. Now, if you want to stay and beat on that poor dead horse some more, at least add something new to the rant.

Feel free to not watch, it will take less of your time and energy.

AS you said:

----------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think what you're saying is....never let a good crisis go to wasteicon7.gif

If you asked the public if its a good economical move right now to alienate the loyal customers who have spent thousands with your company and who will keep coming back, in exchange for a few hundred dollars in free drinks/food/concierge perks/benefits, what do you think the majority of the consensus would be?

I guess different strokes for different folks!!! I wouldn't sit there at all.........no one is going to tell me where to sit and I'll be darn if I'd sit behind a roped off area!!! Some people like attention, but I don't!

Exactly Beachbuddy, I also dont need the attention. I am happy to be with everyone around the pool and I defin dont want to be singled out! Why would someone want to sit in a segregated area? Just to be 5 feet closer to the pool?

Archived