I found a kindle under the bed

During my last cruise I found a kindle under my bed and I returned it to the service desk but something is telling me it will never reach his owner. How does the lost and found works after you leave the cruise? Any good experience if you have lost anything ?

During my last cruise I found a kindle under my bed and I returned it to the service desk but something is telling me it will never reach his owner. How does the lost and found works after you leave the cruise? Any good experience if you have lost anything ?

DH left camera, and was returned. I think we had to pay postage.

I'd like to know that too. Last month on the Jewel I found a ring on the floor I ask the lady at the entrance what I should do with it? She said leave it with her and if nobody returned for it she would give it to the service desk.

I do wonder how far it made it or if the person ever got it back. We also found a pair of eyeglasses in the water in Labadee last year and took them to the service desk. So what happens after that?

There is a gap between the sofa and the cabin wall and I once noticed a pair of underwear (not mine) in that gap. I didn't tell the room steward but a few days later it was gone. Maybe it was handed in to service desk ;)

Edited by sky0000547

What is a kindle? From Australia

hi sis, i too found underware under the bed on my ship. i made a complaint in the reception desk.

it is terrible the way the servants cleans the rooms and they should be fired. kindles, underware and rubbish. they are not doing their job properly i tell you

your bud

Servants?:eek: Let's try stewards. :)

What is a kindle? From Australia

It's an e-reader (for reading e-books). Looks like a nook or an ipad. I'm surprised they don't have them in Australia, seeing as they are sold by Amazon which I thought was pretty much worldwide.

In my experience if you find something and return it to Guest Services and the person who lost it goes to Guest Services they will get it back. If you leave it in your cabin the ship knows your name and maybe you will get it back.

we do have kindles in australia

Once my daughter left a macbook charger in our cabin when we left and I contacted RCI who said it had been found. However it was never returned to us - when I contacted them again it could not be found - I wasn't impressed but was too busy to chase it.

we have found small change and lolly wrappers in our cabin but not a big enough deal to worry about but still not good customer service.

Underwear is another matter! Once I checked into a hotel in Macau and found men's undies hanging on the back of the bathroom door - the hotel gave me an immediate upgrade to a suite!

hi sis, i too found underware under the bed on my ship. i made a complaint in the reception desk.

it is terrible the way the servants cleans the rooms and they should be fired. kindles, underware and rubbish. they are not doing their job properly i tell you

your bud

Or maybe Royal Caribbean should hire more attendants so they can do their job properly :rolleyes:

Can you thoroughly clean 16 cabins by yourself in about 4 hours time? Because thats exactly how many they have now according to three different cabin stewards I spoke with.

Servants? REALLY?

Edited by ryano

There is a gap between the sofa and the cabin wall and I once noticed a pair of underwear (not mine) in that gap. I didn't tell the room steward but a few days later it was gone. Maybe it was handed in to service desk ;)

I honestly think 90% of people are honest and it does get turned in. But if nobody calls there is nothing they can really do about it.

Sounds similar on my Allure cruise, I found a bag and I though it was something my wife bought but nope it was a bag full of ladies underwear, and they were not my wifes, and a ITunes gift card.

I always bring a flash light with me and I check under the bed and everything when I first get there and my last few times I have not found anything. its probably hit or miss

Edited by trev71

Or maybe Royal Caribbean should hire more attendants so they can do their job properly :rolleyes:

Can you thoroughly clean 16 cabins by yourself in about 4 hours time? Because thats exactly how many they have now according to three different cabin stewards I spoke with.

Servants? REALLY?

Don't take offense. It is that same troll that haunts these forums every few months with a new name.

Clarification on the "what's a Kindle" discussion. An e-reader is a generic term for an electronic device used to read e-books.

A Kindle is a specific brand name for the e-reader that is sold by Amazon. Some models are specifically used for reading, other models are also a tablet with apps for doing countless other tasks.

A Nook is a specific brand name for the e-reader that is sold by Barnes & Noble.

An Ipad is a specific brand name for a tablet that is sold by Apple and can also be used as an e-reader.

This is like calling a facial tissue a "Kleenex" or a cotton swab a "Q-tip". Brand names versus generic names. (Unless you're from the southern states of the USA, where any kind of soda-pop [fizzy drink] is a "Coke" regardless of what flavor/brand it actually is!)

Not trying to be snooty about this or anything -- just wanted to clarify as we have people from multiple regions/languages posting here, and clarity is never a bad thing when it comes to communication.

Clarification on the "what's a Kindle" discussion. An e-reader is a generic term for an electronic device used to read e-books.

A Kindle is a specific brand name for the e-reader that is sold by Amazon. Some models are specifically used for reading, other models are also a tablet with apps for doing countless other tasks.

A Nook is a specific brand name for the e-reader that is sold by Barnes & Noble.

An Ipad is a specific brand name for a tablet that is sold by Apple and can also be used as an e-reader.

This is like calling a facial tissue a "Kleenex" or a cotton swab a "Q-tip". Brand names versus generic names. (Unless you're from the southern states of the USA, where any kind of soda-pop [fizzy drink] is a "Coke" regardless of what flavor/brand it actually is!)

Not trying to be snooty about this or anything -- just wanted to clarify as we have people from multiple regions/languages posting here, and clarity is never a bad thing when it comes to communication.

hi sis, and yes where i come from the correct name is a chambermaid or a servant you may not like it and me have to agree that a kindle is for reading and never heard of a q tip i assume its for ladybits ?

i fing it a shock that some get offended by other countrys descriptions of things. tires are tyres and so on. royal caribbean cruise lines is called royal by many on this forum which is not right but i dont complain on here people can be so sensitive but getting back to fining 20 pairs of underpants behind a television on a carnival ship isnt that awful i fell awful if i was to find a lot of those things behind my telly.

so if the man that is supposed to be cleaning my room is called a stewart a chambermaid or a servant it is the same thing really they dont celan the room well enough as many have posted here and yes they should be fired if you dont do your job properrly you get fired. simples.

your bud

It's an e-reader (for reading e-books). Looks like a nook or an ipad. I'm surprised they don't have them in Australia, seeing as they are sold by Amazon which I thought was pretty much worldwide.

They do have them in Australia, I've had one for over five years. However they are only available from one retailer, or direct from Amazon online, so it is possible that non-book-lovers might not have come across them.

where i come from the correct name is a chambermaid or a servant you may not like it

It is irrelevant where you come from nor whether you like it. The correct name for the person who cares for your cabin on a ship is a STEWARD, and that's a D on the end not a T. The tradition of this job title goes back a long way in nautical terms.

hi sis, and yes where i come from the correct name is a chambermaid or a servant you may not like it and me have to agree that a kindle is for reading and never heard of a q tip i assume its for ladybits ?

i fing it a shock that some get offended by other countrys descriptions of things. tires are tyres and so on. royal caribbean cruise lines is called royal by many on this forum which is not right but i dont complain on here people can be so sensitive but getting back to fining 20 pairs of underpants behind a television on a carnival ship isnt that awful i fell awful if i was to find a lot of those things behind my telly.

so if the man that is supposed to be cleaning my room is called a stewart a chambermaid or a servant it is the same thing really they dont celan the room well enough as many have posted here and yes they should be fired if you dont do your job properrly you get fired. simples.

your bud

You have Bra in your name. What does that mean in your country?

I think firing them is a little over the top. These people work hard. Is your room spottless? Probably not. Any motel or hotel you stay in, your room is not going to be spottless.

Laura, a Q Tip is a small stick with cotton swaps at each end for cleaning ears although we use it for other things. I am always interested in the differant names for items between the countries. We had visitors from Germany and used the word Steep to define a hill and they hadn't heard that word but was able to describe its meaning.

your bud

Laura, go have Lynn explain it all to you or is she cleaning her knickers?:rolleyes: