Helipad Experience

killarneylady

Maybe a silly question, but who does the inviting and how is the invitation communicated to you?

It arrives as mail to your cabin. Don't really know who does the inviting but I would imagine the Captains Club Host/hostess would have some input.

Forget what they serve to eat and drink. It's the view for me that counts!

Phil

I totally agree; the view and experience are fun...live life in the moment and complaining is for complainers!

Sent from my iPhone using ForumsIMG_1471991603.936367.jpg.59e8e2ef3d346e5bdcc03d811ac910b3.jpg

Edited by Lastdance

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the Reflection and I had an invite to the helipad!

The invite was in an envelope left in my stateroom. Sadly I decided not to go....

The invite was for sailing into Santorini, we had to assemble for 12.30pm but I had to assemble for my trip in the theatre at 12.45pm, so the maths didn't work out aargh!

The invite must have been randomly generated as I was traveling Aqua class, it was only my 2nd cruise with x so I,m at the bottom level of captains club.

We have been privileged to have been invited several times (mostly on b2bs) but by far the best was sailing out of Sydney on the Solstice at 10pm with the opera house and harbour all lit up. It was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our meet and mingle group were invited to sail away from Venice last year on the Constellation - unforgettable. On one of the last Century sailing everyone was welcome to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge on the heli pad. This year, on our Silhouette sailing (first as Elite) to the Baltics we were lucky enough to be invited to dine with Cameron, Guest Service Manager, and two other couples at Lawn Club Grill - Rossy (CC Host) definitely had a hand in that. We will never forget that meal - excellent food, drink and company.

Wendy

I've attended several of these. The quality of the experience depends on how many are invited. Sometimes they get carried away and invite too many people. In one of the Norwegian fjords, there were so many people pointing their iPads at the waterfalls that you could not get a decent picture or see the waterfalls. We left and returned to the serenity of the huge balcony on our corner FOV. Some of them have refreshments provided; others not.

Linda

Just back from a cruise on Connie and we were invited to 3 sailaways on the helipad (Venice, Kotor and Malta). As Linda says the number of others can effect how good the experience is and funnilly enough there were more people at the Venice sailaway and consiquently the experience was not as good as the other two which were less crowded and much better for it.

Maybe a silly question, but who does the inviting and how is the invitation communicated to you?

We got this invite twice, once out of SF and once out of Cartagena -- just loved it. Some say it is no big deal but for us, both times it was amazing. We felt so spoiled and so lucky!!

The invitation for the one out of SF (our embarkation port) showed up in our mail and was initiated by the Captain's Club Hostess. This was amazing as we enjoyed a gorgeous sunny and warm sailing out of SF, which occurs rarely.

The other was given to us by the Captain's Club Hostess on a different ship during the elite cocktail hour. This one was for sail away from one of our ports of call.

Both times we were in balcony cabins and are only elite on Celebrity, so not restricted to suite only or Zenith only status passengers. I will never turn this down if ever invited again! I just loved the experience.

We received an invitation to a sail away on the helipad on an 11 night Equinox Caribbean cruise. Sorry, can't remember the port. We were in a balcony and we are Elite Plus. We did not attend (certainly appreciate being invited!) as it was hot out there...and we were enjoying the view from the Sky Lounge with our beverage package. There were two ladies next to us who saw the party down below and were talking about what it could be...they decided they wanted to be with "the fun people down there"...their words, no offense taken by me, and we watched as they soon appeared on the helipad. So at some point they stop looking at invitations. Which brings a whole new wrinkle to whom you might be rubbing elbows with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just back from a cruise on Connie and we were invited to 3 sailaways on the helipad (Venice, Kotor and Malta). As Linda says the number of others can effect how good the experience is and funnilly enough there were more people at the Venice sailaway and consiquently the experience was not as good as the other two which were less crowded and much better for it.

Personally, we prefer the sailaway from Venice from an aft balcony (on M class) ;). Malta was good though. I think being invited to 3 on 1 sailing would take away from the actual experience of it being a special occasion - of course, only my opinion :).

Was invited to the helipad for sailing into Santorini two weeks ago. No idea why -- several cruise critic folks were there, but not all. And some that were there weren't CC ppl. But it was very cool. Not too many people - maybe 40 or so? Easier to get a clear view than being up on the upper deck with the "masses" (I should know... I'm usually a "mass"!) :)