Private emails from HAL

S&B

Yesterday we got an "Explore Europe Now" Private email from HAL that had special fares. Does everyone get these emails or does it go to customers who have been searching for that particular area in Europe or elsewhere.

The cruises that we have been considering were a lower price than the Anniversary Sale. Now I am confused. Just how many sales does HAL have out there? :confused:

Yesterday we got an "Explore Europe Now" Private email from HAL that had special fares. Does everyone get these emails or does it go to customers who have been searching for that particular area in Europe or elsewhere.

The cruises that we have been considering were a lower price than the Anniversary Sale. Now I am confused. Just how many sales does HAL have out there? :confused:

The only time I see those emails is when I don't have a cruise with hal but have a future cruise credit with hal.

We also got an e-mail that said ...

"Now’s the time to take advantage of private fares — not open to the public — on upcoming Mediterranean voyages. Delight in historic wonders, exquisite architecture, ancient ruins and more."

We already have a Mediterranean cruise booked for July and that cruise was not listed. I called our travel agent and she was still able to get us the benefits of the Flash Sale which allowed us to move up to a Signature Suite at a very good price.

We often get e-mail announcements and offers from HAL - even better, our TA gets the same HAL messages, plus some that apparently are only sent to TAs ... she, in turn, sends us any that she thinks might be of interest to us, which insures that we are in the loop even when we overlook or misplace e-mail from HAL ...

Smooth sailing,

Rod

We got that too. Right now we don't have anything booked, do have a future cruise deposit, but haven't marked European as our immediate interest. We're waiting for all the 2016 itineraries to come out (impatiently) ;)

We got that too. Right now we don't have anything booked, do have a future cruise deposit, but haven't marked European as our immediate interest. We're waiting for all the 2016 itineraries to come out (impatiently) ;)

I've been sailing with HAL - among others - for more than 20 years, and have never received one of these. Currently booked on Zuiderdam 8-13 from BCN.

I've received one email from a HAL pcc in regards to our current booking, and one email for an upsell that was a bit more than what it would cost to cancel and rebook myself. I was a bit surprised by the not so great upsell offer but not disappointed really. We like the cabin we booked, so we are staying with that location happily. :D

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

We got the private sale email to the address on our Mariner account, and to others which aren't tied to the Mariner account. I'm inclined to think that the future cruise credits were not a factor for this particular mail campaign.

Since we always have a stash of FCD, we get a lot of email from HAL. Our HAL PCC calls and emails when sales are pending release.

We were able to snag our favorite Alaska cabin for 2016 before the HAL website made reservations available to the general public.

This is nutty!! When I scroll down through the cruises that HAL has listed in my email I get the sale price. When I try to book it only the regular price comes up. Anyways, we have all had interesting experiences. Will have to call our PCC.

Happy sailing!!

This is nutty!! When I scroll down through the cruises that HAL has listed in my email I get the sale price. When I try to book it only the regular price comes up. Anyways, we have all had interesting experiences. Will have to call our PCC.

Happy sailing!!

Check to see if there's a promo code in the email that is required for the special pricing.

The only emails that I get from HAL are responses that I receive after asking questions about my upcoming cruise. They are very quick to respond to my queries, by the way. I never get snail mail

Edited by pmjnh

Ahoy shipmates,

am 5 star (1200 days) and have never had an e mail from them

almost always have a couple future cruise deposits and most of the time have a future cruise booked.

Usually book ff guaranteed and usually get a very good upgrade.

Had a phone call once from seattle and had an hour discusssion about several things i had mentioned in a critique session an board my last cruise

my ta has had ridiculous upgrade offers but have never taken one on hal

only once in all my cruises have i ever rec'd sbc when the price dropped

i have often tried to figure out how they decide these things but to no avail.

Sea ya

• 2 months later...

Today received an email from HAL about a private sale. Well our Australia/NZ Jan cruise was listed. Called our big box TA and was able to get fare reduction but lost signature bev card. End result saved total of $1880 total for both of us for the 15 night cruise. We will no way drink that much so am very pleased that we got this alert.

Edited by madera1