Thinking About Cancelling Alaska and Replacing with Bermuda

disneygirl10

I am so torn and would appreciate any input!

I currently have an Alaska cruise (rt out of Seattle) booked for June '17. I am now considering if Bermuda would be the better choice. Travel party is myself and a 6 year old boy.

All plans need to be finalized by 8/31 or I lose my discount.

Thought on the 2 itineraries?

My child loves Glaciers (from what he's learned about them, never has seen one), and doesn't mind cool weather (originally I had planned on Northern Europe/Iceland itinerary before receiving this offer from Norwegian). He also loves the beach and we have never been to Bermuda.

We will be doing a Western Caribbean on Disney this winter, so if it were you- would you stick with Alaska for something 'different'?

I am so torn and would appreciate any input!

I currently have an Alaska cruise (rt out of Seattle) booked for June '17. I am now considering if Bermuda would be the better choice. Travel party is myself and a 6 year old boy.

All plans need to be finalized by 8/31 or I lose my discount.

Thought on the 2 itineraries?

My child loves Glaciers (from what he's learned about them, never has seen one), and doesn't mind cool weather (originally I had planned on Northern Europe/Iceland itinerary before receiving this offer from Norwegian). He also loves the beach and we have never been to Bermuda.

We will be doing a Western Caribbean on Disney this winter, so if it were you- would you stick with Alaska for something 'different'?

Bermuda = Walmart

Alaska = Nordstrom

Bermuda = Walmart

Alaska = Nordstrom

Oh please, is this the best you could come up with? Your beloved Oceania will be sailing to Bermuda for the 2016-17 season.

OP, I agree with Clarea, Alaska now, Caribbean later for the BEACH experience. I emphasize beach because Bermuda is not like the Caribbean.:)

Oh please, is this the best you could come up with? Your beloved Oceania will be sailing to Bermuda for the 2016-17 season.

OP, I agree with Clarea, Alaska now, Caribbean later for the BEACH experience. I emphasize beach because Bermuda is not like the Caribbean.:)

Ha ha! I don't think Alaska on NCL (where OP is currently booked) = Nordstrom.

OP wants to go to Alaska in 2017. She's already taking a Caribbean cruise, which will have better beaches, IMO, than Bermuda, so an Alaska experience would be a good choice.

Edited by 6rugrats

Never been to Alaska, but have been to Bermuda

Next to Maui, it was definitely the nicest beaches I have ever been to. If you ever been to HMC, Bermuda beaches blow HMC away. Bermuda is probably the nicest, prettiest, cleanest "tropical" island I have ever been to outside of Kuai

I understand Alaska is incredible, so it sounds like you cant lose.

Edited by First and Ten

With no context or reasoning, I would discount any replies that just say one is good and the other is bad.

Bermuda=bad

Alaska= good

Does that really help?

I would lean toward Alaska simply because it has experiences you and your son can have almost nowhere else in the world. No videos or photos can fully prepare you fro the amazing sites and views in Alaska. Bermuda is lovely and a great choice, but since you have a Caribbean sailing also booked I would stick with Alaska for the sake of variety.

With no context or reasoning, I would discount any replies that just say one is good and the other is bad.

Bermuda=bad

Alaska= good

Does that really help?

I would lean toward Alaska simply because it has experiences you and your son can have almost nowhere else in the world. No videos or photos can fully prepare you fro the amazing sites and views in Alaska. Bermuda is lovely and a great choice, but since you have a Caribbean sailing also booked I would stick with Alaska for the sake of variety.

Well, OP already has several threads going and many posts about this trip. She's received lots of details and "help" in these other threads, so when she asks, "would you stick with Alaska for something different", I assume she just wants validation of her choice, not another travelogue.

Edited by 6rugrats

Well, OP already has several threads going and many posts about this trip. She's received lots of details and "help" in these other threads, so when she asks, "would you stick with Alaska for something different", I assume she just wants validation of her choice, not another travelogue.

Well sure but, not everyone looks at a person's other posts to see what else they have been posting.

As far as choosing one Alaska over Bermuda,or vice versa, it's like trying to compare apples to green beans.:D The two places are at polar opposites.

Then on to the boring business.;) Some may consider looking at a bunch of glaciers boring. Each place has its strong points. Alaska truly is a place not to be missed but I won't trash one place over another because it all goes back to personal preferences. Very subjective, just like food.:D

Bermuda=bad

Alaska= good

Does that really help?

Good point -keep the Alaaka, then do beaches anywhere.

Of course, if someone stays around the Dockyard tourist trap, Bermuda is awful. If you get around - a bit of Hamilton, more of St. George, perhaps a dinner at Tom Moore's, try different beaches - you will see that Bermuda blows away every other island. To really appreciate if, learn how to ride a motor scooter - and get a lot of practice before you go, then you can REALLY experience the island, which is unlike any other.

Well sure but, not everyone looks at a person's other posts to see what else they have been posting.

True, but it's hard to forget someone who had a long thread going about trying to book a handicap accessible cabin when they were not disabled.

Done 20 or so cruises the last 18 years.

We are also beach people and love Bermuda when we add a few days in NYC. We cruise the Caribbean once a year because it's cheap and easy. W have done only one Alaska cruise several years ago, but it was by far our best and favorite. Especially with kids.

Burt

If you get around - a bit of Hamilton, more of St. George, perhaps a dinner at Tom Moore's, try different beaches - you will see that Bermuda blows away every other island. To really appreciate if, learn how to ride a motor scooter - and get a lot of practice before you go, then you can REALLY experience the island, which is unlike any other.

I agree. However, it's not riding a scooter that needs practice, it's riding on the left side of the road.:D

Burt

True, but it's hard to forget someone who had a long thread going about trying to book a handicap accessible cabin when they were not disabled.

Eek, i didn't make that connection.

So is this trip booked in the accessible room? I'm really curious now. I was going to vote for going to Alaska since it's a more limited time frame and her son is interested in it. However if it's wrongly booked in an accessible room i highly encourage changing it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

I have been to both Alaska and Bermuda each twice. Next summer, my husband and I are taking our grandson (by then he will be 9 1/2 years old to Alaska). I think, for him, he will find it more interesting. When I went to Alaska the first time I went from Whittier to Vancouver and saw some fantastic glaciers. I wasn't impressed as much with the r/t from Seattle the second-time we went. I'm not sure if you mentioned which cruise line you were going on. We went both times on Princess, but the first one was a cruise-tour of Alaska. Next summer, we are doing another cruise-tour with our grandson. Also, with global warming, the glaciers may not be around forever.

Bermuda is also wonderful. But that can be done at another time in my opinion.

Thanks,

Arlene

Edited by moodyb1