Some may call me cheap

cruisekap

Hi all,

My husband and I are taking my parents for a cruise for their birthdays. As we are both diamond members we booked 2 adjacent balcony rooms using our balcony discounts. (I booked 1 with my mother and my husband is booked with my father). However, we obviously will not be keeping these sleeping arrangements although it is tempting from a snoring perspective. My question is: Can I request access to both room for our seapasses?

Thanks.

Hi all,

My husband and I are taking my parents for a cruise for their birthdays. As we are both diamond members we booked 2 adjacent balcony rooms using our balcony discounts. (I booked 1 with my mother and my husband is booked with my father). However, we obviously will not be keeping these sleeping arrangements although it is tempting from a snoring perspective. My question is: Can I request access to both room for our seapasses?

Thanks.

Not a problem.

You may also be able to have the balcony divider open.

Hi all,

Thanks.

happens all the time. just be advised that your parents will NOT be afforded access to the Diamond Lounge at all during cocktail hour unless they are D in their own right. Royal does NOT extend loyalty benefits to cabin mates.

Once on the ship, no one care who sleeps where! And, you don't NEED to carry 2 sea passes....they can rearrange the keys to match who's in which cabin.

No you can't. 2 out of the 4 will need to carry their seapass to charge with plus a cabin key for the cabin switched to

Why would anyone call you cheap? You are taking your parents on a cruise.:)

You are not Cheap , just Smart.

TA's and some cruise line reps will actually advise you to do this :)

Your parents should be proud of you .

I say they are great kids. :)

No you can't. 2 out of the 4 will need to carry their seapass to charge with plus a cabin key for the cabin switched to

Not true. Just go to guest services and have them change the actual cabin assignments once on board. Easy peazy. Did it all the time with our kids. One key/seapass required.

Not true. Just go to guest services and have them change the actual cabin assignments once on board. Easy peazy. Did it all the time with our kids. One key/seapass required.

Couldn't do it on my last cruise and I'm not the only one confirming that you keep your original seapass and have to carry a key card to open cabin changing to

Two of you will have to carry two sea passes, one for the cabin you are booked into and one for the cabin where you will actually sleep. Happens all the time.

Couldn't do it on my last cruise and I'm not the only one confirming that you keep your original seapass and have to carry a key card to open cabin changing to

Then you and gerif likely contacted to the wrong person at guest services, one that didn't know or even wanted to bother doing this simple change.

We did this for both B2B Freedom cruises we returned from earlier this month. DW and I booked ourselves in separate cabins, each with one partner of another couple, who are good friends of ours, so they got residency special that saved them over $600USD. You have to wait until the ship has sailed so embarkation has closed in order to do the cabin and Seapass card change. We didn't have any problem with being change to the cabin our spouses were in and having only one Seapass card for billing and entry into that cabin.

Perhaps that was the problem, you weren't told or didn't listen why it couldn't be done if requested while the ship was in port and still doing embarkation. This is because the passenger manifest can not be changed prior to sailing if you have embarked on the ship even for something as simple as a cabin number change.

Edited by robtulipe

Then you and gerif likely contacted to the wrong person at guest services, one that didn't know or even wanted to bother doing this simple change.

We did this for both B2B Freedom cruises we returned from earlier this month. DW and I booked ourselves in separate cabins, each with one partner of another couple, who are good friends of ours, so they got residency special that saved them over $600USD. You have to wait until the ship has sailed so embarkation has closed in order to do the cabin and Seapass card change. We didn't have any problem with being change to the cabin our spouses were in and having only one Seapass card for billing and entry into that cabin.

Perhaps that was the problem, you weren't told or didn't listen why it couldn't be done if requested while the ship was in port and still doing embarkation. This is because the passenger manifest can not be changed prior to sailing if you have embarked on the ship even for something as simple as a cabin number change.

Fabulous. So I simply go to guest services after the ship has set sail. (woohoo) At that time I will request the seapasses be updated appropriately.

I still think there is value in letting my husband stay with my father considering the snoring however in the interest of staying married and being a tolerant and loving wife I will make the switch.

happens all the time. just be advised that your parents will NOT be afforded access to the Diamond Lounge at all during cocktail hour unless they are D in their own right. Royal does NOT extend loyalty benefits to cabin mates.

Thanks. I did know this. I solved the problem by purchasing drink packages for the men. My mother and I do not drink much. The wine we bring on board will be plenty for us. However, the thirsty men will need an occasional beer to keep them happy.

Fabulous. So I simply go to guest services after the ship has set sail. (woohoo) At that time I will request the seapasses be updated appropriately.

I still think there is value in letting my husband stay with my father considering the snoring however in the interest of staying married and being a tolerant and loving wife I will make the switch.

Also it will show you show you be a very loving daughter to your dear dad because he won't have to put up with your DH's snoring. :p

Edited by robtulipe

You didn't say how long ago you did this, but RCI no longer changes the cabin assignments. We have not been allowed to do this for the past several years, and the people who switched were required to carry two keys.

You didn't say how long ago you did this, but RCI no longer changes the cabin assignments. We have not been allowed to do this for the past several years, and the people who switched were required to carry two keys.

I've seen this go both ways...no rhyme or reason that I can tell. I think it depends on the ship, the captain and the moon phase. Kind of like opening balcony dividers.

Absolutely not true. I know many cabin mates who were extended Diamond Lounge invitations. In fact we have witnessed cabin mates having seapass cards with Diamond on them even though they were not Diamond, but their cabin mate was.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou

DW and I has a suite and we purchased our adult kids and inside room, talk bout cheap. We had it set up where their key cards could access our cabin but, could not charge any purchase to our account, and by the way we did get them into the Diamond Club.