Loss of some Elite perks

Plant

You may take if for what it is...the fact that they get points when then are very young and attain elite by no means of their own but their parents.

To put my response in perspective we were talking about accumulation of points...I just stated a fact. No need for you to become offended by it.

Our daughter is Elite and is 18, she has sailed princess 24 times, last cruise she sailed was a 14 night cruise balcony on caribe deck . Total cost $99 inc tax. Does this upset you............

Our daughter is Elite and is 18, she has sailed princess 24 times, last cruise she sailed was a 14 night cruise balcony on caribe deck . Total cost $99 inc tax. Does this upset you............

Princess made the rules on how to become Elite. I say good for her. :D

Tony

Not at all. Princess makes the rules, you followed the rules and benefitted. I wish my parents could have afforded to take us on trips and we had the benefit...it is one of the perks of Princess. These children will now cruise with Princess in the future because of their perks. Point I was trying to make is the pool of elites is growing at a very fast pace and people are elite at a young age, adding to that number in the pool, thus the issue with others concerns about laundry, etc. coming back late. Eventually Princess will need to address this, as they will not be able to keep up with all the laundry eventually. We have never had a problem with our laundry not coming back on time.

Just agreeing with other posts about how to get points, etc...might be a better way for everyone.

Absolutely! We love having our laundry done and would hate to have to go back to the laundry room ourselves. So many arguments take place in those rooms. I don't care what else they take away. We have never waited any more than one day and really appreciate lighter packing and more time to relax. Trust me, we have paid for the privilege and have never abused it.

We also have "paid for the privilege and never abused it", but we didn't get one day service or anything close.

Many moons ago, way before I was even dreaming of getting a black card, I used to marvel at how light others could pack as they explained they got free laundry services onboard. Fast forward to the black card and I have yet to send out even one bag of laundry for complimentary cleaning. I have simply learned how to pack efficiently and believe it or not, have also learned how to pack my clothing so it ends up relatively wrinkle free!!

I really do appreciate that Princess offers this perk .... but doubt if I will ever be one to really utilize it to the extent where others would be affected. ???

That's wonderful, but could you really pack for 4 weeks without doing/having done any laundry?

Funny thing about Princess. On our last 3 Princess cruisers we have had the "normal" notice that our free laundry would take at least 3 days. When we go on HAL cruises are "free laundry" is always back by the following day...with no excuses...even when 75% of the passengers get free laundry (this happens on long HAL cruises where nearly everyone is 4 or 5 Star Mariners). As to Princess, we think they are simply trying to discourage Elites from sending out laundry,

Hank

My daughter, who is 25, bemoans the fact that she has 2 more cruises before she becomes elite, and now she probably has to do it on her own. (poor baby). Unfortunately for us, we never were able to take advantage of those great $99 deals.

So many laundry complaints. Yet, I never hear that at the Captain's Party. When asked for favorite perk, it's a resounding, loud LAUNDRY. We have always gotten ours back within 48 hours and that includes TAs where the number of elites is very high.

Living in S Fla, I wear shorts and tees year round. When we cruise my DW wants to dress up and that is fine with me. The tux, shoes, etc get packed. The underwear gets changed twice daily as do my socks and shirts. I work out in the gym. My wife does Zumba. We are not wasting vacation time washing clothes in the sink. We did that before elite. The laundry perk has been earned. Its there and we use it. Boasting about not using it? Maybe if I was in my twenties and backpacking. Wearing the same two outfits repeatedly. No thanks. My DW and I have worked too long not to make vacations special. We like to wear new clothes on cruises. Lots of them. Its romantic, fantasy time. After all, its the Love Boat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So because you don't hear it discussed there it's not valid?

I have better things to talk about, why in the world would I bring that up? :(

I didn't say complaints weren't valid. I said at the Captains Party elites overwhelmingly love it. There will always be complainers. If it were a majority, Princess might dump it because it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

If people don't like it, don't use it.

If the perks are a problem, don't use them. As for HAL, fifteen cruises get you bupkas. No internet, and what you pay for is awful.

No free laundry. No mini bar. And a ship full of walkers (and I don't mean promenade walking) that goes to sleep at nine.

Also, more activities in one day on Princess than a week on HAL.

So many laundry complaints. Yet, I never hear that at the Captain's Party. When asked for favorite perk, it's a resounding, loud LAUNDRY.

Not that know for sure but a lot of the responses may have been from people who are not Elite yet. They like the idea about free laundry, until they experience it & find that it's not all it's cracked up to be. ;)

Not that know for sure but a lot of the responses may have been from people who are not Elite yet. They like the idea about free laundry, until they experience it & find that it's not all it's cracked up to be. ;)

Thats a big assumption on your part. Since the parties I have usually attended are mostly elite members, esp on TAs, they like laundry. We have found laundry to be quite adequate. Certainly better than hand washing the same two pair of underwear over and over.

Thats a big assumption on your part. Since the parties I have usually attended are mostly elite members, esp on TAs, they like laundry. We have found laundry to be quite adequate. Certainly better than hand washing the same two pair of underwear over and over.

Just wait till they shrink your underwear or socks and you'll think differently. :D

Just wait till they shrink your underwear or socks and you'll think differently. :D

Hasn't happened yet in more than 100 times sending laundry. But then, I bring more than two pairs. So I wouldn't sweat it.

Hasn't happened yet in more than 100 times sending laundry. But then, I bring more than two pairs. So I wouldn't sweat it.

I haven sent in laundry any where that many times & it's happened almost every time.

You must be very lucky.

A few years back we met 2 young people during embarkation. They said they were elite and wanted to make sure they were in the right line to board. I thought they were joking. They said they got credits every time they cruised with their folks and now have all the benefits. They were in the line for elites.

The 3, 4, 5th person in the room do not pay as much as passenger 1 & 2, thus, my feeling for not getting a point toward being elite. This is why there are so many elites. Eventually Princess will have to do something.

I think the OBC's for amount of money you spend is fair and a good idea someone posted here. That way, no one can say someone is getting more or less, you are getting exactly what you CHOOSE to pay for....

we are a family of five- kids are platinum and al under age 13.

we purchase 2 cabins so only one kid is a 3rd passenger and many times we bring a grandma and we have 3 cabins. your assumption of kids getting status on 3rd passenger reduced fares is not correct for our family.

booking more cabins also works well for us with OBC credits too the kids are stock owners as well :-)

Sure you would. It can and does happen on pretty much all cruises now regardless of length.

We just did 14 days on the Majestic. (Athens-Barcelona). Sent out laundry three times; got it back in less than 24 hours each time. I was anticipating delays, but didn't experience any.

DH loves the free laundry. I could care less. I don't want them ruining my close. Heard lots of stories on CC about laundry mishaps.

I have yet to have any problems with the "cleaning" service although I hesitate to send in socks & underwear for cleaning. :D

That's wonderful, but could you really pack for 4 weeks without doing/having done any laundry?

I would never book a 4 week cruise ... not my style of traveling. But, I have done a 15 night cruise without doing laundry before.

What happened to the chocolate covered strawberries.

It was eliminated from the the formal evening selection a couple of years ago.

By the way, the current list has no choices at all for a vegetarian.

We are elite. We have used the laundry for a few items maybe twice on our last 3 or 4 cruises. I must admit I am a bit afraid of clothing coming back with problems such as shrinkage. However I'm happy to do my own laundry, and usually use the laundromat a couple of times per cruise (usually 10 to 15 days). I am just happy that Princess offers a laundromat, as most other cruise lines don't offer any. A few dollars and a couple of hours are not the end of the world

It was eliminated from the the formal evening selection a couple of years ago.

By the way, the current list has no choices at all for a vegetarian.

I write in the Cream puffs and usually get them. I don't know if that would happen if you tried to write in the Strawberries.