Has Princess discontinued the blue tote bags?

rosapedia

On another forum, someone mentioned that Princess stopped giving out the blue tote bags to each cabin a couple of weeks ago. This was a passenger who was just on the Regal. Does anyone currently cruising or just off a cruise know if this is true?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

We did not get one on the Royal in January. We did get one on the Regal in November. I don't know if this is fleetwide, but we didn't miss it as we always take our own zippered beach bag.

We did not get one on the Royal in January. We did get one on the Regal in November. I don't know if this is fleetwide, but we didn't miss it as we always take our own zippered beach bag.

To be honest I rather they discontinue the blue bags and spend it in the dining room. I don't know why we should expect princess to supply us with a bag, I bet that they come out the marketing budget

On another forum, someone mentioned that Princess stopped giving out the blue tote bags to each cabin a couple of weeks ago. This was a passenger who was just on the Regal. Does anyone currently cruising or just off a cruise know if this is true?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Just off the Ruby today and blue tote bag given to passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Deciding that Princess has discontinued the bags because they weren't available on one cruise is like deciding they no longer have large togo type coffee cups at IC because they ran out on one of our cruises.

Our last cruise wasn't real recent - June 2016. We not only got bags but every steward's cart I saw in the passageway had stacks of the things. Many people don't want them and don't care about getting them but, here in wacko California, grocery bags have been banned so we use the blue Princess bags when we buy groceries.

None on the Grand last week. We already have so many at home that we give the things away or leave them in the cabin, so in our case it could have been viewed as a waste of resources, I guess. But it's lucky I'd read about this previously and brought my own non-Princess bag along to carry our stuff onshore for a snorkeling excursion.

I'm thinking they now sell nicer versions of those totes at one of the onboard shops or will shortly? (Though in fairness, we never asked the steward for one.) Not to whine, at least not much, but it just seems like another petty cutback. We used to win lanyards at trivia, but now they don't give them away. However, for just a few bucks Princess will be glad to sell you one. No useful Princess pens, either. (They do still give away carabiners, though, because no one, no one, would ever buy one.) No hors d'oeuvres at the Captain's Circle party. Nice crackers at the Platinum lounge replaced with plastic wrapped Keebler dreck. Little stuff.

It was a great cruise. But when what had been nice little grace notes are done away with or become monetized, it seems unnecessarily tacky.

None on the Grand last week. We already have so many at home that we give the things away or leave them in the cabin, so in our case it could have been viewed as a waste of resources, I guess. But it's lucky I'd read about this previously and brought my own non-Princess bag along to carry our stuff onshore for a snorkeling excursion.

I'm thinking they now sell nicer versions of those totes at one of the onboard shops or will shortly? (Though in fairness, we never asked the steward for one.) Not to whine, at least not much, but it just seems like another petty cutback. We used to win lanyards at trivia, but now they don't give them away. However, for just a few bucks Princess will be glad to sell you one. No useful Princess pens, either. (They do still give away carabiners, though, because no one, no one, would ever buy one.) No hors d'oeuvres at the Captain's Circle party. Nice crackers at the Platinum lounge replaced with plastic wrapped Keebler dreck. Little stuff.

It was a great cruise. But when what had been nice little grace notes are done away with or become monetized, it seems unnecessarily tacky.

They've got bags & hors d'oeuvres, but only on the better ships. :D

Just off the Royal on Jan. 29th. No bags were given. We had brought our own bags for the beach so we were fine. I wonder what would happen if we all started bringing RCL, HAL, and Disney Cruise Line bags on board. We toyed with the idea of bringing our Disney Cruise Line lanyards, but thought that was rather rude so we brought generic ones.