HAL faces stiffer Competition

RedneckBob

Hi y'all, Redneck Bob hear.

Well, I hope I don't get into trouble with what I'm about to say but hear goes.

I assume y'all all heard of the great Paul Harvey and his daily show, "The Rest of the Story", well hears my take on it.

There was this ad on TV this past Sunday during one of those timeouts at the NFL football game between Buffalo and Miami. The ad featured a good looking middle aged couple packing their bags for a trip. Then they get in there car and the next thing you see through the windows of the car is partial view of the backside of a cruise ship. Then the next view is the couple standing in front of the ship at the port and finally the couple at there stateroom, obvious a Suite.

Well the cruise ship was Oceania, either Marina or Riviera. And I know Oceania has become more competitive in pricing with there "Cruise Only Price". But that is not the end of the story.

The ad that was featured on a prime time NFL game was not for Oceania, but for one of those enhancement drugs better known as the little blue pill.

And now you know "The Rest of the Story "

Sorry for the play on words in my thread title.

I assume y'all all heard of the great Paul Harvey and his daily show, "The Rest of the Story", well hears my take on it.

There was this ad on TV this past Sunday during one of those timeouts at the NFL football game between Buffalo and Miami. The ad featured a good looking middle aged couple packing their bags for a trip. Then they get in there car and the next thing you see through the windows of the car is partial view of the backside of a cruise ship. Then the next view is the couple standing in front of the ship at the port and finally the couple at there stateroom, obvious a Suite.

Well the cruise ship was Oceania, either Marina or Riviera. And I know Oceania has become more competitive in pricing with there "Cruise Only Price". But that is not the end of the story.

The ad that was featured on a prime time NFL game was not for Oceania, but for one of those enhancement drugs better known as the little blue pill.

I had seen that, realized what ship it was and just about died. The room was almost definitely not Oceania... it looked like a set... but I really wonder if Oceania okay'd it, or if they were just an innocent bystander...

Funny, as expected when I see your name!

You need a cruise, eh?

Thanks; actually going on Koningdam is a little over 2 weeks.

It's kind a funny. Actually ran this similar thread on Oceania site a few days ago; got almost 1200 views but only 3 responses.

I guess no one wanted to touch this with a ten foot pole :eek:

Thanks; actually going on Koningdam is a little over 2 weeks.

And you better be thinking of a review at minimum, a "live from" at best.

Seriously enjoy your writings and will be interested in hearing what you think of the Koningsdam. Have a super cruise!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Bob,

You remind me about how happy I am that I majored in English in school.

It can be a difficult language to master.

And you better be thinking of a review at minimum, a "live from" at best.

Seriously enjoy your writings and will be interested in hearing what you think of the Koningsdam. Have a super cruise!

Thanks and will do, that is, review after the cruise.

I know there are a lot of folks who give us live reports from a cruise but I see a cruise as a relaxing vacation. the last thing I want to do is work on a vacation and writing daily reports is work for me.

Thanks and will do, that is, review after the cruise.

I know there are a lot of folks who give us live reports from a cruise but I see a cruise as a relaxing vacation. the last thing I want to do is work on a vacation and writing daily reports is work for me.

Fair enough! Your reports are always appreciated.

Have a great time and enjoy the ABC islands!