Auto Dealership Voucher

LOONEYHD

Hi. I am new. I received a 3 Day 2 Night Cruise voucher TODAY. I am to mail the voucher off to Imperial Press Direct in FL who takes care of automobile dealership marketing. They will send me a brochure upon its arrival.

I have never been on a cruise and attempting to do my homework on this subject as the voucher to have a pleasant and successful experience. I received the voucher from a local dealership in a mini sweepstakes Feb 6 2016.

Anyone on familiar with vouchers like these? I am in TX an mailing it to tampa, FL to these marketing folks who are indeed BBB accredited and have no recent or open complaints. I am interested in costs i will incur while signing up for this "FREE" trip. I am aware the air/travel is not included as that is all the red voucher has in fine print and that people mention other fees aim not familiar with but should be. If this goes well it will be my first cruise and i look forward to having more knowledge on this to maximize our experience.

If you read this and have time for a reply, thanks.

:-)

Investigate very carefully and do not give a credit card. You'd be amazed how much those free cruises can end up costing. Don't get all excited (YET) that you have a free cruise. Sadly, there are scams out there and I seem to be on one of the lists as I am offered a free cruise at least once a week. Not likely I'll be sailing anywhere without credit card being charged. :D

Hi. I am new. I received a 3 Day 2 Night Cruise voucher TODAY. I am to mail the voucher off to Imperial Press Direct in FL who takes care of automobile dealership marketing. They will send me a brochure upon its arrival.

I have never been on a cruise and attempting to do my homework on this subject as the voucher to have a pleasant and successful experience. I received the voucher from a local dealership in a mini sweepstakes Feb 6 2016.

Anyone on familiar with vouchers like these? I am in TX an mailing it to tampa, FL to these marketing folks who are indeed BBB accredited and have no recent or open complaints. I am interested in costs i will incur while signing up for this "FREE" trip. I am aware the air/travel is not included as that is all the red voucher has in fine print and that people mention other fees aim not familiar with but should be. If this goes well it will be my first cruise and i look forward to having more knowledge on this to maximize our experience.

If you read this and have time for a reply, thanks.

:-)

Can you spell "timeshare?"

In addition to what others have said, there is no way I would go on a cruise that someone else arranged for me. I want to choose where I go on vacation, with whom, and for how long. And yes, to have to fly somewhere to pick up a 2 night cruise? Not for me. It is not all it's cracked up to be.

I would take a complete pass on this, if I were you (and you did ask for advice).

I would contact the agency and see what you actually get in WRITING. Find out which cruise line and which port and do they cover airfare. For a 2 day cruise I would skip it. The airfare to the port for your free cruise may exceed the value of the "free" cruise.

A local car dealership in Florida gives a five day cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas with any lease or purchase so it may be legit .

...but a 2 night cruise isn't worth flying to, especially if there are taxes and port fees not included.

On the face of it I would not suggest doing this as a first cruise experience to a friend.

Be careful if you go ahead with this offer.