Suite perks

deise17311

In my experience, the breakfast Maitre D wants to make Sabatini's work for suite customers. He/she also has some discretion to accommodate passengers. I suggest asking about the swap, and if Maitre D is a stickler, politely send a request to the Food and Beverage Director (listed in the Patter). You never know.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are in a suite for our upcoming cruise next month. Does anyone know, with the extended room service menu, if we can have lunch in our suite/balcony on embarkation day?

I don't think so........

On embarkation day/turnaround day the crew are very busy with other duties.

I have always had issues with room service even answering the phone that day.

We have never even tried. We head to the DR for a quiet lunch.

I don't think so........

On embarkation day/turnaround day the crew are very busy with other duties.

I have always had issues with room service even answering the phone that day.

We have never even tried. We head to the DR for a quiet lunch.

Thank you. That's what we'll plan on doing.

I was on the Royal in June. My mom and I were in an OS, my brother and SIL were in the adjoining balcony. My mom did not want to go to Sabatini's for breakfast, so I asked if my SIL could join me. I was told, "No, Sabatini's is for suite passengers only." They did check the manifest each morning until they got to know me (which took 2 days).

This is a very strict rule from corporate and they follow it pretty closely.

Can it happen? Obviously yes, but the more people allowed in that are not entitled to that perk the more the experience gets watered down. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

When we use Sabitini for breakfast they have always asked for our cruise-card to compare our picture ( I think) and our cabin number. When they scan the cruise-card it has your picture so they know if you swap cards.

We have never had our cruise card scanned in Sabatini's.

This is a very strict rule from corporate and they follow it pretty closely.

Can it happen? Obviously yes, but the more people allowed in that are not entitled to that perk the more the experience gets watered down. :(

I agree. But my SIL really wanted to try it, so I asked. Once. And took the "no" on the first pass. Most mornings I just dined alone-- and that was fine with me.

We are in a suite for our upcoming cruise next month. Does anyone know, with the extended room service menu, if we can have lunch in our suite/balcony on embarkation day?

The extended room service menu is exactly the same menu available in the MDR, and it is only available when the MDR is open. They will serve you from the MDR kitchen - not from the normal room service kitchen. The MDR is only open until 1:30 pm on embarkation day, so you would have to call the DINE line (which is very busy) and order your lunch (without a menu) before then. I think it is really too much of a hastle even if you could do it.

The MDR is almost empty on embakation day, and I would recommend eating there instead.

A possible exception would be on turnaround day on a B2B. Then you could talk with them the day before and you might be able to arrange it. I don't know if they would, but it may be worth trying.

The extended room service menu is exactly the same menu available in the MDR, and it is only available when the MDR is open. They will serve you from the MDR kitchen - not from the normal room service kitchen. The MDR is only open until 1:30 pm on embarkation day, so you would have to call the DINE line (which is very busy) and order your lunch (without a menu) before then. I think it is really too much of a hastle even if you could do it.

The MDR is almost empty on embakation day, and I would recommend eating there instead.

A possible exception would be on turnaround day on a B2B. Then you could talk with them the day before and you might be able to arrange it. I don't know if they would, but it may be worth trying.

You need to call room service, not the DINE line for food delivery. Your cabin steward will leave all restaurant menus in your suite for the following day...including those for B2B turnaround day.

Lew

You need to call room service, not the DINE line for food delivery. Your cabin steward will leave all restaurant menus in your suite for the following day...including those for B2B turnaround day.

Lew

We have never had a cabin steward leave the menus on his own initiative - we've always had to ask for them (and then they were delivered daily).

Lew

Of course, you're right. You need to call room service.

I would not expect the menus for turnaround day unless you specifically asked for them.

Argument? Really so now expressing an opinion is an argument? Again - we will eat on the balcony - but as I stated we are NOT ASKING FOR EXTRA PEOPLE - we are swapping out THE ENTIRE TRIP MY 2 SPOTS for my niece and nephew - but no worries WE WILL NOT DO THIS - Cruise critic can rest easy!

Deise, I didn't take it as you arguing at all but only asking!! You were very polite and even said you were going to eat on the balcony. I think that part didn't get read.

As far as who goes to breakfast, I personally would not have a problem with the switch at all. Technically, they are not in full suites, but you are traveling as a family unit. Who cares. There are so many things that are much more important than caring which family member goes to breakfast. Just ask my sister-in-law who's husband is dying of cancer. Bet she would trade places in a heart beat.

My DH and I are cruising our first time in a full suite in September this year. And guess what, I still don't care which family member is served breakfast.

You were only asking for polite advice. :confused:

I would not expect the menus for turnaround day unless you specifically asked for them.

Why not?

Other than an hour processing through immigration, turnaround day is like any other. If lunch is served in the MDR, your steward should provide you with a menu without needing to be asked.

Lew

• 3 months later...

Has anyone suggested to Princess to have all dining menus in suites; that way guests have access to them without having to ask or call? I have sailed with Royal and NCL and they have all dining menus in a folder in the suite

Has anyone suggested to Princess to have all dining menus in suites; that way guests have access to them without having to ask or call? I have sailed with Royal and NCL and they have all dining menus in a folder in the suite

We just told our steward that we'd like the menus in our room daily and they were.

They use to, up until two years or so ago. Now it is like pulling teeth to get them.

We had a terrible time getting them on our last cruise. It was bad enough in the Med but the TA was worse since the menus were changing for the TA cruise and they had to print new ones. Our poor steward would run down three times and wasn't able to get them until late afternoon.

Use to be a nice perk but it is like pulling teeth these days to get some of them.

Hello Everyone,

do the suite perks apply to folks who have a mini suite?

We just had an upsell to a mini suite, our first time and was wondering....thanks.

Dennis

Nope. Only to full suites. It's an unfortunate misnomer that the mini-suites have "suite" in their name.. Perks for mini-suites include glass of bubbly, more room. If you book into the new Mini-Suite category of Club Class (debuting late this year, schedule at Princess site), there are a few more perks, but not the Suite ones..