Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

Arrived Southampton midday. Given a numbered card as before. No-one looked at our boarding time of 13.30. On the ship by 1pm. Having lunch in the Plaza :) Easy peazey :) Don't panic!

Thank you for posting this Linda.

And a huge well done to everybody for this thread reaching the Magical Mille!! :)

Arrived Southampton midday. Given a numbered card as before. No-one looked at our boarding time of 13.30. On the ship by 1pm. Having lunch in the Plaza :) Easy peazey :) Don't panic!

Enjoy! ;) At least you can look forward to some warm weather. Bet it's chilly out on deck today for the sail-away just now - but at least the winds have dropped so calm seas ahead - hopefully. Bon voyage! :)

The plebs as you call them (not sure your fellow passengers will like you calling them that!) only will suffer aggravation if they decide that boarding/arrival times do not apply to them so turn up enmasse.

Another thought I had, ref the wonderful amazing Anthem (not what I would call the monstrosity). You pick your time when booking,(if the time you want is available) and magically people manage to arrive at that time..how is that different from a booking time allocated by pando that means there is no way that one can plan to arrive anywhere near that time. Goodness not I will have to arrive hours before that ....

No you don't, you pick your time much nearer the departure date, around 90 days or so. FWIW I had a blast on the 'monstrosity', beautiful inside no matter what she looks like outside (if we're talking ugly have you seen Norwegian Epic?).

We are Baltic level and have been given a boarding time if 3.30. Where is the priority boarding that is supposed to go with that loyalty and as the welcome lounge closes at 3.30 what benefit is there is being a loyal client. Methinks maybe time to take my business elsewhere.

We are Baltic level and have been given a boarding time if 3.30. Where is the priority boarding that is supposed to go with that loyalty and as the welcome lounge closes at 3.30 what benefit is there is being a loyal client. Methinks maybe time to take my business elsewhere.

Don't panic. Apparently there is a letter on its way telling you that Caribbean+ can board from 1:00 whatever their e-ticket says. All the noise that's been made on social media has prompted a re-think by P&O thankfully!

Don't panic. Apparently there is a letter on its way telling you that Caribbean+ can board from 1:00 whatever their e-ticket says. All the noise that's been made on social media has prompted a re-think by P&O thankfully!

It's in this FAQ link if you scroll down: https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/Embark_work

Have we at last, come to the end of this marathon? No new posts

For five days. So this thread will slip off the front page.

It has been interesting, to look in each day.

So, is this goodbye? Regards , to all those contributors.

Mike.

I am off on Ventura tomorrow and intend to post my experience when I return. I have a boarding time of 3.30 and although I would normally aim to board by noon I will try and get there for around 3.00 (traffic depending) and see what happens

I am off on Ventura tomorrow and intend to post my experience when I return. I have a boarding time of 3.30 and although I would normally aim to board by noon I will try and get there for around 3.00 (traffic depending) and see what happens

Good luck and have a fab cruise.:)

Saw this on the RCI forum and have copied it from someones review of Anthem of the Sea boarding in the US.

Embarkation: We were going to park and decided at the last minute to use Uber which worked out really well (cheap and efficient for our 15 miles trip from Westfield, NJ). A little traffic getting up to drop off areas as we arrived around 10:15am. But luggage drop off outside was quick. As we entered the terminal, a lovely woman with an iPad got us all checked in easily in about 10 minutes. There was a problem with one uploaded photo (they wanted no glasses) but she quickly took a new one and we moved on). Boarding was ready right after that. This was incredible. Unlike NCL breakaway and DCL ships which generally board around 11:45-12pm, Anthem boarded around 10:30 and was open to all guests by 10:45am or so. We were on board a few minutes before 11am.

I still think that P&O could start their boarding earlier. While others are getting earlier P&O have made theirs later.

Edited by bee-ess

Saw this on the RCI forum and have copied it from someones review of Anthem of the Sea boarding in the US.

Embarkation: We were going to park and decided at the last minute to use Uber which worked out really well (cheap and efficient for our 15 miles trip from Westfield, NJ). A little traffic getting up to drop off areas as we arrived around 10:15am. But luggage drop off outside was quick. As we entered the terminal, a lovely woman with an iPad got us all checked in easily in about 10 minutes. There was a problem with one uploaded photo (they wanted no glasses) but she quickly took a new one and we moved on). Boarding was ready right after that. This was incredible. Unlike NCL breakaway and DCL ships which generally board around 11:45-12pm, Anthem boarded around 10:30 and was open to all guests by 10:45am or so. We were on board a few minutes before 11am.

I still think that P&O could start their boarding earlier. While others are getting earlier P&O have made theirs later.

Yes but, P&O will now have your cabin ready for occupation as you board just before time for dinner, of course your luggage might not be available until morning, but according to them this is just what passengers now want.:rolleyes::cool::eek:

I have just returned from a cruise on Aurora.

The new embarkation process was in full swing.

Our embarkation time was 2.00pm. we arrived at 2.05pm. We drove straight to the terminal drop off point. No vehicle queue to the terminal, that was a first. Drop off; there were only 3 cars including ourselves outside the terminal.

No pedestrian queues into the terminal. We sat for about 15 minutes before starting the embarkation process. We were on board and in our cabin within 45 minutes from drop off. So it would appear the system works, if you adhere to your allocated time.

When we entered the terminal, we spotted a sign for Caribbean tier and above, at a table, just inside the doors. These passengers were given grey priority cards as opposed to the red, blue etc for regular passengers. Not sure how they got on, but just to let you all know they were prioritised in some way.

Having said all that, I did speak to some passengers who were unaware of the enforced boarding times. One couple who arrived at 11.30am for a boarding time of 3.00pm, were made to sit and wait until their allotted time. They were called up to the desk to commence the boarding procedure just after 3pm.

Hope this answers a few questions.

Edited by Otter18

To clear the ship for 10.30 the previous cruise will have to disembark by 9.00 starting before they go to bed. See John I can exaggerate as well :)

I have just returned from a cruise on Aurora.

The new embarkation process was in full swing.

Our embarkation time was 2.00pm. we arrived at 2.05pm. We drove straight to the terminal drop off point. No vehicle queue to the terminal, that was a first. Drop off; there were only 3 cars including ourselves outside the terminal.

No pedestrian queues into the terminal. We sat for about 15 minutes before starting the embarkation process. We were on board and in our cabin within 45 minutes from drop off. So it would appear the system works, if you adhere to your allocated time.

When we entered the terminal, we spotted a sign for Caribbean tier and above, at a table, just inside the doors. These passengers were given grey priority cards as opposed to the red, blue etc for regular passengers. Not sure how they got on, but just to let you all know they were prioritised in some way.

Having said all that, I did speak to some passengers who were unaware of the enforced boarding times. One couple who arrived at 11.30am for a boarding time of 3.00pm, were made to sit and wait until their allotted time. They were called up to the desk to commence the boarding procedure just after 3pm.

Hope this answers a few questions.

Thank you for that information. Just as I have been saying for some time.

How do they allocate boarding times? Deck by deck; surname; how many previous cruises; type of cabin etc - thanks

I believe it is by deck order.

We paid to upgrade from our original choice to a higher deck, and our time slot went back from 1.30pm to 2pm.

Even though it was a more expensive and higher grade cabin.

How do they allocate boarding times? Deck by deck; surname; how many previous cruises; type of cabin etc - thanks

They have said by deck and/or deck position, but we don't really know any more than that....

The suites and the 3 higher loyalty tiers get the earliest boarding times.

Edited by Scriv