We're on Norwegian Escape tomorrow. What do you want to know?

editor@cruisecritic

What most intrigues you about the new Norwegian Escape?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. What most intrigues you about the new Norwegian Escape?

• Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville - and the indoor/outdoor It's Five O'Clock Somewhere Bar
    • The expanded studio suites complex for solo travelers
    • The bigger-and-better ropes course and Aqua Park
    • District Brew House's Gastropub, a Miami fave from Wynwood Brewing
    • The new supper club production: For The Record Presents Dear John Hughes"
    • Norwegian's first-ever wine bar, courtesy of Michael Mondavi
    • An expanded Haven complex
    • Bayamo, from Iron Chef Jose Sarces, specializing in Latin cuisine
    • Other, please post below

Hi, traveling to Germany's Papenburg tomorrow to visit Meyer Werft's shipyard there -- and of course the tour of Norwegian Escape, just about a month and a half away from launch, is the most exciting of a handful of events.

The tour is short. For such a large ship we get about 1.5 hours to check it out. While I can't promise anything to anyone because the tour is out of our control, I do have my camera charged and ready to go, and would love to know: What do you most want to know about Norwegian Escape? Please participate in our poll, and feel free to add your comments.

A couple of caveats: The ship won't be fully ready so it's still going to look a little bit rough. That's normal. Two: Not sure how many cabin types we'll get to see but will try to focus on newer developments there.

And it goes without saying: We'll continue to comment beyond tomorrow, and stay tuned for our slideshow (we'll provide a link) later this week.

Okay, onward!

Carolyn

PS Please feel free to tick multiple boxes!

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Edited by editor@cruisecritic

Hi, traveling to Germany's Papenburg tomorrow to visit Meyer Werft's shipyard there -- and of course the tour of Norwegian Escape, just about a month and a half away from launch, is the most exciting of a handful of events.

The tour is short. For such a large ship we get about 1.5 hours to check it out. While I can't promise anything to anyone because the tour is out of our control, I do have my camera charged and ready to go, and would love to know: What do you most want to know about Norwegian Escape? Please participate in our poll, and feel free to add your comments.

A couple of caveats: The ship won't be fully ready so it's still going to look a little bit rough. That's normal. Two: Not sure how many cabin types we'll get to see but will try to focus on newer developments there.

And it goes without saying: We'll continue to comment beyond tomorrow, and stay tuned for our slideshow (we'll provide a link) later this week.

Okay, onward!

Carolyn

PS Please feel free to tick multiple boxes!

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Can I go with you?!! :D

I'll carry your luggage.........:p

I'm interested in how the decorum differs or not from the other Away-ships. And how the restaurants look /setup plus if the a la carte menus are up, if not, I can wait til next year when I go for the choices and prices. [emoji2]

Definitely, can't wait to see the slideshow of the Escape. Enjoy your trip![emoji4]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

Pictures of Margaritaville and the Five OClock Somewhere bar... and any details they might be able to provide on menus. I doubt they would have a menu there for you to see, yet... but perhaps someone in the know would be able to provide some details on what will be on the menu at Margaritaville. Some people have speculated here in the forums that the Escape's Margaritaville will have the full menu that is available at a Margaritaville on land. That seems very unrealistic and unlikely to me. It would be good to have some authoritative information on that subject.

Pictures of Margaritaville and the Five OClock Somewhere bar... and any details they might be able to provide on menus. I doubt they would have a menu there for you to see, yet... but perhaps someone in the know would be able to provide some details on what will be on the menu at Margaritaville. Some people have speculated here in the forums that the Escape's Margaritaville will have the full menu that is available at a Margaritaville on land. That seems very unrealistic and unlikely to me. It would be good to have some authoritative information on that subject.

This is what I would like to know about too! Plus photos of the H-6's - both configurations, if possible.

Edited by peg013

Thank you for doing this, and enjoy your trip!

Interested in photos, if available, of:

Menus

Climbing/rappelling wall, ropes course, mini golf course

Spice H2O grotto

Splash Academy and Entourage

Guppies Nursery + info if it is complementary, hours, etc.

678 Ocean Place

Waterslides

Whatever you can get will be appreciated, thank you!:D

Hello Carolyn,

Always been a big fan of you. We are on the Transatlantic. Interested in the menus.

Please ask when reservations for the Wine Musical will happen, I hear it will be there for $25 but there is no reservations open in My NCL.

Also if you can get a view of a Deck 9 Balcony overlooking the Waterfront ? Thanks very much, enjoy!!

We're booked in a balcony room. If you can, can you please take a picture of what the room might look like? Thank you so much for fueling our obsession with this marvelous ship. :):D

And also, repeating what others have said, any info on Margaritaville and internet speed, can't wait to go onboard ourselves in just over 8 weeks.