REVISED May 2016 - HAL dry docks, charters, and groups

CJcruzer

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for doing this....wherever do you get your info?! Just see we are being accompanied by the above group, should be rather interesting for we Canadians so soon after the USA elections! I looked it up and could not find out how many people,will be in this group. There are 11listed presenters, so I think there must be a fair number of attendees.

Wonder if anyone knows.? It would be very helpful information. I note some medical groups are listed as 26-50 people.....a very different cruise from 750 people all identifying themselves as members of a group. We have sailed with many smaller groups who did not cause ant disruption of anybodies day...just hope this may be the same. Will be informative if nothing else! PS...we NEVER start any political discussion while cruising!

This will be our 1st HAL cruise & am interested to find out how the Rhodes Scholar group may impact on the cruise. How can I find out how many will be on board & what they have planned that may impact on our time on the cruise? Thanks

usually a group of perhaps 20-30 persons of retirement age or close to it, who are still very active and want to learn lots too. Mainly the group does not affect you in any way onboard...may have a corner of a lounge for cocktails or a meeting/ lecture in a meeting room. Usually eat dinner at a set time together...make delightful table mates at breakfast or lunch with we regular cruisers. Well travelled and very aware they represent their group...mainly they do pre booked highly individualized tours with local drivers, and local experts in whatever it is they want to learn about today, wherever they are.

No fears for you are needed!

• 2 weeks later...
usually a group of perhaps 20-30 persons of retirement age or close to it, who are still very active and want to learn lots too. Mainly the group does not affect you in any way onboard...may have a corner of a lounge for cocktails or a meeting/ lecture in a meeting room. Usually eat dinner at a set time together...make delightful table mates at breakfast or lunch with we regular cruisers. Well travelled and very aware they represent their group...mainly they do pre booked highly individualized tours with local drivers, and local experts in whatever it is they want to learn about today, wherever they are.

No fears for you are needed!

How cute are you.....Ha ha

2017 drydocks:

WEDM 14-26 APR 2017 Palermo, Sicily

ZUDM 23 OCT - 04 NOV 2017 Freeport, Bahamas

RTDM 26 OCT-03 NOV 2017 Freeport, Bahamas

NADM 05-18 NOV 2017 Freeport, Bahamas

Always subject to change of course ;)

2017 drydocks:

Many thanks - much appreciated!

Carol

2017 drydocks:

Hmm... wonder what Zuiderdam is going to be doing from Nov. 5th until it's next scheduled sailing on Dec. 17th when it starts up the Sunfarer Canal itins? :confused:

Thanks for the useful info.

I had just about decided to book the above-mentioned cruise when I read this thread and saw that a group was booked in it.

Do you have any idea how large the group is or how I could find out that info? They are probably a pretty innocuous group of people, but I'd still like to know if it's 50 people or 500.

Have not scrolled through to see if this was already discussed, but this certainly sounds like an interesting charter:

Maasdam : 15 August 2016 - : Prairie Home Companion charter

Hope we get a report back on this one. Where all the wives are beautiful, the children are all above average ..... and PowderMilk Biscuits are served every day?

This is fantastic! Thanks for doing this list. I was just reading another thread about problems with a big group on board and that thread included a link to this thread.

Looks like so far we are good for our South America sailing in March :)

I was motivated to check out

http://www.inspirationcruises.com/

as a result of the thread discussing a large group on the NA last week.

These following groups aren't included on your list- these are just the Alaska cruises listed on their website.

NA July 15-22, 2017 Dr. David Jeremiah and Turning Point Ministries

Amsterdam July 16-23, 2017 Christian Cruise to Alaska with WAY-FM

Amsterdam August 6-13, 2017 Gaither Homecoming

Eurodam July 8-15, 2017 Calvary Albuquerque

Eurodam August 12-19, 2017 Lifeshape

Eurodam September 9-16, 2017 Christian Cruise to Alaska with Jim Franklin

Due to the size of the Amsterdam I'd be very concerned about groups on her.

Thank you so much for doing this....wherever do you get your info?! Just see we are being accompanied by the above group, should be rather interesting for we Canadians so soon after the USA elections! I looked it up and could not find out how many people,will be in this group. There are 11listed presenters, so I think there must be a fair number of attendees.

Wonder if anyone knows.? It would be very helpful information. I note some medical groups are listed as 26-50 people.....a very different cruise from 750 people all identifying themselves as members of a group. We have sailed with many smaller groups who did not cause ant disruption of anybodies day...just hope this may be the same. Will be informative if nothing else! PS...we NEVER start any political discussion while cruising!

They may not know the size until after the election. I'd rather go to an analysis of victory than a post-mortem personally. It is advertised in National Review online.

I called the agents for the two groups that will be on our b2b on the NA in Feb to see how big those groups might be. Fresh Ground Faith is estimated at 350. The Gospel Music group has 500 already booked and she wouldn't tell me what the final size estimate might be. Sounds like they may be more likely to impact other passengers 😕

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk