ms Westerdam & ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau, AK - 30 MAY 2016

Copper10-8

Happy Memorial Day everyone! OK, so let's get ready for two blue-hulled beauties in Alaska's state capital today, Monday, May 30, 2016:

Both Westerdam (the 3rd vessel of the Vista-class ships) and Nieuw Amsterdam (the 2nd vessel of the Signature-class ships) are scheduled to make an appearance today around 1300 hrs. / 1:00 pm local

The action can be seen and heard at

http://juneauharborwebcam.com/

Westerdam is mooring at the Cruise Terminal dock (CT dock) with a scheduled departure time of 2200 hrs. / 10:00 pm local

Nieuw Amsterdam is berthing at the AJ dock (the furthest away from the new camera) and also scheduled to depart at 2200 hrs. local

Also in port today will be Crown Princess at the Franklin Street dock (1100-2230) and Celebrity Solstice who will be using her ship's tenders to the dock directly in front of the Alaska Steamship berth (1330-2200) which will, once again, remain vacant due to the size of these four ships

The coming an going of DeHavilland-Canada DHC-3T Turbine Otter seaplanes from the Juneau Seaplane Base comes to you courtesy of local air carrier 'Wings Airlines'

Thank you, Copper.:) I will try to catch either the comings or the goings! And happy Memorial Day to all you Americans. Here it is the day of the Swiftsure Yacht race, and a lot of Americans come up for it, my Seattle cousins used to visit, all gone now, sadly. So we have a much quieter weekend.

The days are getting so much longer as we approach the Summer Solstice!:)

Excellent, thanks.

Now I have to figure out the west coast time, write it down, stick it on the computer and I am set for the season!!!!

Happy Memorial Day to you!

Don't forget, it's 0953 Pacific Standard time on the west coast right now, but 0853 in Juneau. (local time is on the upper right corner of the camera screen) They are one hour behind PST

Thanks, John! Happy Memorial Day to you as well.

Loved Koningsdam. Hope you get to see her soon. :)

Saw her in Civitavecchia when AMDM was berthed right behind her on 15 APR 16. Especially liked the big showroom, the 2-tier Queens Lounge and the Dutch Café ;)

Don't forget, it's 0953 Pacific Standard time on the west coast right now, but 0853 in Juneau. (local time is on the upper right corner of the camera screen) They are one hour behind PST

YES! Give me some paper and a pen quick!

It is now stuck on the computer where it will stay for the rest of the season.

No mistakes now, I know the time! Thanks a lot, not just for that and this thread, but for so much!

YES! Give me some paper and a pen quick!

It is now stuck on the computer where it will stay for the rest of the season.

No mistakes now, I know the time! Thanks a lot, not just for that and this thread, but for so much!

Hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend! :)

Have a good Memorial Day. We remember our Veterans on Remembrance Day, 11 Nov.

Allan

Thanks and thanks to all Canadian vets for their service! In the States, we also honor our U.S. veterans on Veterans Day, November 11

Have a good Memorial Day. We remember our Veterans on Remembrance Day, 11 Nov.

Allan

In the USA on Memorial Day we honor all the dead of all the wars, On November 11--Veterans Day--we honor all who have served in the Military, living and dead.

Happy Memorial Day to all! The weather in Juneau is not the nicest for sightseeing - 51 and rainy. We will have to watch the sail-in through the rain drops.

Is there any particular reason for the ships getting assigned a certain dock (or to tender) on any given day?

Happy Memorial Day to all! The weather in Juneau is not the nicest for sightseeing - 51 and rainy. We will have to watch the sail-in through the rain drops.

Is there any particular reason for the ships getting assigned a certain dock (or to tender) on any given day?

That's usually based on

1. Length of available dock

2. Number of guests on board

3. Arrival and departure time

4. Frequency of calling. i.e. a 7 day ship takes precedence over a 10 day ship

5. Draft of the ship and the ships length.

6. Harbor fees (some ports go on tonnage, some on ships length, some on number of guests on board)

7. What does not fit in will have to anchor.

That's usually based on

1. Length of available dock

2. Number of guests on board

3. Arrival and departure time

4. Frequency of calling. i.e. a 7 day ship takes precedence over a 10 day ship

5. Draft of the ship and the ships length.

6. Harbor fees (some ports go on tonnage, some on ships length, some on number of guests on board)

7. What does not fit in will have to anchor.

Thanks! I was wondering since both Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam are in different locations than three weeks ago.