Does anyone recommend 14 night exotic caribbean cruise on Eclipse????

portcbob

Hi Celebrity Cruisers.

We are a middle aged couple from the Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA and looking at perhaps booking the 14 night exotic Caribbean cruise aboard the Celebrity Eclipse. If we do this trip it would be the first time on a Celebrity ship as we normally cruise with Norwegian.

Would the eclipse be at least as good or better than the Norwegian ships.

Is this itinerary a nice one for the Caribbean and would March be a good time, weather wise for this cruise??????

Sorry about these questions, however we don't know much about it at all.

Thankyou so much for anyone that can assist.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

That is a great cruise, even better if it goes to Curacao. Weather will be great, water will still be a little cool. There might even be some children on board, nots much for them to do is kinda of a negative but one never knows what type of parents might be on board.

It is a long flight, I hope you visits other places in FL, however, this is prime spring break for college and winter break for most northern people who need a warm week or two and hotels etc will be $$$$$$$$$ and crowded.

In my opinion, having cruised both several times, Celebrity is a cut above Norwegian, unless you can afford the Haven on NCL.

We have done the 14 day Eclipse Caribbean twice, and love it. It is one of the few cruises that actually spends 2 weeks in the Caribbean, not returning to Florida at the end of first week.

The weather will be great in Feb./ early March...(early to miss March break, although a 14 day cruise will not likely have a lot of children).

I have gone both times in February, returning early March, and found it great for us.

We did the trip in late March a year or so ago and loved it. No children or students on our trip. Was meant to do Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao but could not dock in Curacao due to high winds. The other islands were fabulous (St.Lucia, St. Maarten, Antigua, Barbados and possibly one other) and were all quite different. The Eclipse is a lovely ship and has recently been in for dry dock so I would presume has been revamped :). We haven't done Tahiti and so cannot compare the two trips.

The Eclipse is a fine ship and we enjoyed sailing on her. We did the 16 day transatlantic this year and liked the experience enough to book the Eclipse again for next year. The food was the best cruise food we ever had, and we have sailed on five other Celebrity ships. The Celebrity clientele are well traveled and friendly.

If you join the roll call for the cruise you are considering, you can get some sense of the cruise community you would be sailing with, and may learn more about islands you may be visiting. Hope this helps you to make your decision.

Eclipse, Southern Caribbean, gets a 12 out of 10 from us. We have done it twice and love it, even with the long haul flight from the UK - not as long as yours will be though. It's a very relaxing cruise, wonderful beaches, snorkelling , pale blue sea, exotic fish, friendly islanders, some history, spice islands and rum. What's not to like?

Been on Eclipse since the re-vamp and she is better than ever. You always have great staff, courtesy and friendliness. Impeccable service from cabin stewards, cleaners, bar staff, waiters, Maitre D, sommelier, and all. The Cruise Director is the best of the lot, and the entertainment is great. Go for it, you won't regret it - wish we could join you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've done this itinerary 3 times, twice on Constellation & this past March on Eclipse. It remains our absolute favorite itinerary (even if we still haven't made it to Bonaire).

If traveling from Australia & you have extra holiday time I'd see some of Florida either before or after (Disney is always fun), the Keys, Sanibel area.

Hope you enjoy

Next March will be the fourth year in a row that we have done the 14-night Southern Caribbean cruise on Eclipse. Needless to say we really like this ship and the itinerary. In 2016 there will be a new feature in that the ship will spend an entire night in one port. In our case, it will be in Barbados. I'm not really excited about that, but am still looking forward to this cruise.

Every time we have done this cruise there are quite a few Australians on board.

Thank you all you wonderful folks that have supplied us with info. As far as USA holidays are concerned, would it be better to cruise in February rather than March. Is February and March weather similar for the southern Caribbean or is one month better than the other. We are big time lovers of swimming/snorkelling.

Once again, thanks guys.

Cheers bob.

We've done this itinerary several times and are booked again for March 2016. The only downside to a March cruise out of Florida is the high cost of air and hotels. Once we got over sticker shock and booked our flights & hotel we are very much looking forward to this cruise. A 2 week Celebrity cruise should not be impacted by spring break. I say this based on other longer cruises we have done on Celebrity in March.

We have done both Caribbean cruises, and also have just flown out to a few of the islands to spend a week at a hotel. We've also done two trans-Pacific cruises which had port stops in French Polynesia, in addition to one South Pacific cruise.

Given my experience I don't think I would recommend going to the Caribbean from Australia unless there is some other reason (i.e., in the US on a business trip so it would be easy to fly to Florida). Anyone who has been to such places as the Isle of Pines (New Caledonia), or either of the Vanuatu ports of Mystery Island or Champagne Bay just won't find the snorkeling that great in the Caribbean. And the French Polynesian islands of Bora Bora (my favorite!), Mo'orea and Raiatea are just so much prettier than anything I've visited in the Caribbean.

We have done this cruise on the Eclipse and for the most part we really enjoyed it.

The one thing we found (with this particular Celebrity cruise) is that things shut down pretty early in the evening and there was not much dancing to be found after 11 PM. They shut down the Martini bar at midnight several times (even though it was quite busy) Passport bar also shut down early.

Leave yourself a few days prior in Florida to get over jet lag and you will enjoy yourself even more.

Last year we cruised on the Eclipse on b2b cruises in January. This year we will again cruise on b2b cruises from the end of January to the end of February. And, we have booked the same cruises for 2017. We don't leave the ship so that indicates how much we enjoy the Eclipse, but we have been to these islands many times. Weather in Florida is never easy to predict. We have been in Orlando in February and only been to the pool one time in 7 days. Good luck. Enjoy the Eclipse. We will.

Hi Celebrity Cruisers.

We are a middle aged couple from the Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA and looking at perhaps booking the 14 night exotic Caribbean cruise aboard the Celebrity Eclipse. If we do this trip it would be the first time on a Celebrity ship as we normally cruise with Norwegian.

Would the eclipse be at least as good or better than the Norwegian ships.

Is this itinerary a nice one for the Caribbean and would March be a good time, weather wise for this cruise??????

Sorry about these questions, however we don't know much about it at all.

Thankyou so much for anyone that can assist.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

My husband and myself - together with my sister and DH, and a number of other cruise buddies did this cruise last February. It was fantastic, great ports to visit. If the cruise you are looking at does Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao - you will love it. Bonaire has great snorkling. The Eclipse is a really nice ship, sister to the Equinox which we also really like.

I've cruised on NCL a couple of times on Pacific Coastal cruises - In my opinion and that of my sister it just can't compare to Celebrity.

Have fun.

OP...go for it. Fourteen nights on a Celebrity Cruise ship and in the Caribbean. Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact we will be on the Eclipse for fourteen nights 3 April 2016. Been there, done that and can't wait to do it again.

Edited by davekathy