Sky Suite allowed into Luminae

RCI Cruisers 004

Just off the Infinity in a Sky Suite Luminae was great. Chef Jose was out every evening to check to see if everything was ok. Waitstaff was so welcoming and Sommelier Dennis-outstanding.

Michaels Club was dead the entire cruise. The night the Officers came to Michaels to meet the guests there were more Officers than guests!

As said by our host, once you enjoy the suite perks, hard to go back IMO Luminae tops Blu which over the years hasn't changed. In addition to the food being superior, the ambiance is better. More space between tables. They will also bring you the MDR menu should you prefer. Lunch was also available boarding day in addition to sea days. We also enjoy Michaels club.

May 2017 will be our 4th cruise in a row in Sky Suites. Luminae is always good and love being able to pick items off the MDR menu. Michael's Club can be end, but our last cruise is Asia MC was great met some really nice people.

As said by our host, once you enjoy the suite perks, hard to go back IMO Luminae tops Blu which over the years hasn't changed. In addition to the food being superior, the ambiance is better. More space between tables. They will also bring you the MDR menu should you prefer. Lunch was also available boarding day in addition to sea days. We also enjoy Michaels club.

We got a great up grade to a Sky Suite on Millennium in 2015 and loved Luminae. The suite was very nice, however, we missed dining with our new roll call friends that couldn't dine in Luminae without paying $50 each.

We upgraded for $800 total and it was worth it, but no way would I pay upfront for a suite. Sure, it was better, but if we cruised in a suite every time, we would not travel as much due to the cost.

I see that you are RC Diamond Plus so you might be comparing a Sky Suite on Celebrity to a Jr Suite on RC which only allows evening meals in Coastal Kitchen and not much else. The overall Celebrity suite experience even in the lowest level of Sky Suite gives you everything (4 perks), Michael's Club, and Luminae which IMO handily beats Coastal Kitchen. You will not go back!

I see that you are RC Diamond Plus so you might be comparing a Sky Suite on Celebrity to a Jr Suite on RC which only allows evening meals in Coastal Kitchen and not much else. The overall Celebrity suite experience even in the lowest level of Sky Suite gives you everything (4 perks), Michael's Club, and Luminae which IMO handily beats Coastal Kitchen. You will not go back![/quot

I agree regarding the overall celebrity suite experience, however ships like the Harmony of the Seas including its wonderful suite deck, free cabanas, hottub and bar beat celebrity hands down. Perhaps the Edge will give the HOS some real competition. The food in the HOS also is superior to Michael's

I see that you are RC Diamond Plus so you might be comparing a Sky Suite on Celebrity to a Jr Suite on RC which only allows evening meals in Coastal Kitchen and not much else. The overall Celebrity suite experience even in the lowest level of Sky Suite gives you everything (4 perks), Michael's Club, and Luminae which IMO handily beats Coastal Kitchen. You will not go back![/quot

I agree regarding the overall celebrity suite experience, however ships like the Harmony of the Seas including its wonderful suite deck, free cabanas, hottub and bar beat celebrity hands down. Perhaps the Edge will give the HOS some real competition. The food in the HOS suite lounge also is superior to Michael's

Do all of those suite perks you mention apply to a Jr Suite on RC HOS? Or just premium suites (GS and above). My point was that Celebrity gives you every perk even in the lowest level sky suite.

No. Junior Suites only have dinner access to the suite restaurant- no access to the suite lounge, private deck, or barefoot beach in Labadee. Not sure about the reserved seating at the shows. The JS rooms are very nice- as large as the sky suites on Celebrity- they also have a walk in closet. Our CC group had a small cabin crawl.

However, if you are an Elite member on Celebrity, you have access to the Diamond club on Royal, which offers evening drinks and finger food.

Thank you all for your help. That was the main reason for my post,because on Royal, a Jr. suite limits you to what you can experience and pretty much only give you double points for the cruise, a bigger closet, and limited time in Coastal Kitchen. I just got off the phone with Susanne from Celebrity and we will be on Infinity next November in a Sky Suite !

One small correction: lunch is only offered in Luminae on sea days. You will enjoy your suite experience!

Is Luminae not open for lunch on embarkation day? I really don't want to go to the buffet for lunch that day. Too many camp after they finished their lunch instead of moving out to the public areas.

No. Junior Suites only have dinner access to the suite restaurant- no access to the suite lounge, private deck, or barefoot beach in Labadee. Not sure about the reserved seating at the shows. The JS rooms are very nice- as large as the sky suites on Celebrity- they also have a walk in closet. Our CC group had a small cabin crawl.

However, if you are an Elite member on Celebrity, you have access to the Diamond club on Royal, which offers evening drinks and finger food.

RCCL JS do not have reserved seating at shows, only GS and above.

Is Luminae not open for lunch on embarkation day? I really don't want to go to the buffet for lunch that day. Too many camp after they finished their lunch instead of moving out to the public areas.

Sorry my post was misleading. Luminae is definitely open for lunch the day you embark. Beats the buffet, hands down!