Did Carnival start the Glory drydock too early?

LMaxwell

Just off of the Glory this morning. All in all had a nice time. The construction zone was a Major pain especially since we booked a room on deck 10 so we would have easy access to the pool and lido. The construction noise was loud and the pool decks were very crowded give a lot of space was blocked off for water works installation. Folks with kids were Not happy at all. Glad we had 4 port days as it was not very relaxing being around the mid ship pool. Spent most of our time on deck 12 when we could find a chair. Certainly going to voice my concerns to Carnival. The Steakhouse and Chef's Table were both highlights!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our family of 5 is on our first cruise on 3/18. We just booked our two balcony cabins less than 60 days ago, and there was no mention of possible continued construction during the cruise. Two teen boys will be VERY disappointed! To spend this much money to walk into that mess for Spring Break is unacceptable!!

Heck no, I would be sending that picture to the top people and ask them if they would pay or enjoy a vacation like that. Just so wrong.

That would be me in a heartbeat as well....Then again, I'm known at work as the one who's willing to stand up and question those above for the good of the whole..

I would be livid.

Sorry if it's a stupid question- but curious if anyone thinks trip insurance would cover it if you found out this was what you were sailing on right before you embarked? Or if the noise was really bad and you decided you couldn't relax and wanted to leave the ship and fly home? Is that all on you, the traveler or any responsibility on the line for not delivering a whole product?

Sorry if it's a stupid question- but curious if anyone thinks trip insurance would cover it if you found out this was what you were sailing on right before you embarked? Or if the noise was really bad and you decided you couldn't relax and wanted to leave the ship and fly home? Is that all on you, the traveler or any responsibility on the line for not delivering a whole product?

Unless they have a cancel for any reason clause I would doubt any travel insurance would cover this. However, Carnival has a Great Vacation Guarantee which can be invoked within 24 hours of departure. They give you 110% of your fare back plus the cost to get you home, or back to your departure port. I can't imagine that they didn't have at least a few people that did that with their cruise. I love cruising but not so much that I would put up with that. I would be livid.

I'm on the 3/11 Glory sailing and I don't have as much of a problem with the early work as I do there being no disclaimer about it at all unit about 2 weeks before sailing. We will make a great vacation no matter what is going on, but I do feel like the guests are at least owed the forewarning when booking.

Honestly, I would be furious if I went on a cruise and it was a construction zone. I work very hard and pay a lot of money for a vacation. To deal with large sections of a ship being shut down and hearing construction noise consistently while I am trying to relax would infuriate me. However, if, as another poster stated, they made the facts well known to people ahead of time and offered a price break or some other offer, that is a different story entirely. But, to sell a ship with all of its amenities as a vacation and to walk into what that picture looks like? No thank you!

We were on the sailing that left on Feb 11th. I swear we weren't but an hour or two away from the dock when the blue curtain went up and the work started. There was NO notice at all, we had to go ask why the slide was roped off only to learn it was being taken down and our kids would be unable to use it or the pool that was next to it. No apologies at all. I would have appreciated a heads up when we were checking in.

We were on the sailing that left on Feb 11th. I swear we weren't but an hour or two away from the dock when the blue curtain went up and the work started. There was NO notice at all, we had to go ask why the slide was roped off only to learn it was being taken down and our kids would be unable to use it or the pool that was next to it. No apologies at all. I would have appreciated a heads up when we were checking in.

This is unacceptable. It's similar to them closing down the MDR for renovation and telling everyone to just use the buffet. NOT what you paid for!

This is unacceptable. It's similar to them closing down the MDR for renovation and telling everyone to just use the buffet. NOT what you paid for!

I would be very upset too. I don't even have kids or anyone in our senior group that would use the slides. BUT, I LOVE waterworks, and watching the kiddos on the slides. Blue tarps everywhere and noise would aggravate me.

I think the drydock needs to be scheduled for adequate time to make upgrades. This is over the top...

We have always bragged up cruising, and when a lady we know just returned from her 1st cruise on this sailing and was telling me about it I felt really sorry for her!

She still had a good time but did complain about the construction noise starting at 7 AM and having to work their way around construction work I felt bad and That was before I saw the picture!

I can especially understand a family that had children how upset they would be with the water slides down!