Coin Operated laundry on Royal Caribbean Ships?

Every line in the Carnival family from Princess, Holland America to Carnival has coin operated laundry rooms. Not sure abut Cunard since that is beyond my price range.

Wish RCCL would do the same, I hate having to pay 35 for a bag of laundry, especially when it costs less than 7 dollars to wash and dry a whole load on Carnival.

I'm glad RCCL don't have them. When on Princess I've felt obliged to do laundry and spent so much time nipping along to see if machines were free, returning when my washing was done, waiting for a dryer then returning to iron them. Now I am happy to put all dirty washing in bags and into my suitcase out of sight - out of mind:D

Every line in the Carnival family from Princess, Holland America to Carnival has coin operated laundry rooms. Not sure abut Cunard since that is beyond my price range.

Wish RCCL would do the same, I hate having to pay 35 for a bag of laundry, especially when it costs less than 7 dollars to wash and dry a whole load on Carnival.

There are coin operated laundry machines on the QM2. I don't know about other Cunard ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never understood why people who don't want to do laundry care if there was a laundry for those who want it. No one would be forced to wash clothes. I'd love to be able to throw my workout clothes into a machine. It would make life much easier.

I'm glad RCCL doesn't have coin laundry machines too!! We just cruised more to get to diamond plus and now we each get the $35 bag free on 7 day or longer cruises!

You wouldn't have to use them if they had them.

On those free bags. I have found they don't treat those well. I will only put t shirts, socks and underwear. I learned the hard way. Holes in a couple of shirts. If you do shirts or pants send them to the laundry separate, don't put them in the free bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hers a guess as to why Royal does not have them. $$$

I haven't seen the size of these facilities but if they took up the space of even 1 cabin per deck X 7 passenger decks X $1500 revenue per cabin is $10,500 per week long cruise or over $500,000 per year per ship in revenue they would be losing.

I can't see them making that much in the $1 or $2 they would be charging.

While it would be a convenience for many, their ships are sailing full so there is no need to offer it as its not hurting them competitively.

I'm glad RCCL doesn't have coin laundry machines too!! We just cruised more to get to diamond plus and now we each get the $35 bag free on 7 day or longer cruises!

Never heard of this perk, will be diamond plus later this year, Hal had laundry for free for suites, but I prefer RCCL perks

Would prefer to wash my own clothes since I don't use the harsh detergents the cruise line does in its laundry. No way I'd send clothes I care about to a ship's laundry.

I bring detergent and wash stuff in the sink, squeeze dry in a towel, and hang to dry when I can.

Clearly, some of us would like to have laundry machines at our access, and some don't care. We're all entitled to our preferences! :D:cool:

Hers a guess as to why Royal does not have them. $$$I haven't seen the size of these facilities but if they took up the space of even 1 cabin per deck X 7 passenger decks X $1500 revenue per cabin is $10,500 per week long cruise or over $500,000 per year per ship in revenue they would be losing.I can't see them making that much in the $1 or $2 they would be charging.While it would be a convenience for many, their ships are sailing full so there is no need to offer it as its not hurting them competitively.

Of course it is about money. That is why RCI is finding ways to stuff more cabins onto its ships. Self serve laundries don't seem to be on the list.

I'm glad RCCL don't have them. When on Princess I've felt obliged to do laundry and spent so much time nipping along to see if machines were free, returning when my washing was done, waiting for a dryer then returning to iron them. Now I am happy to put all dirty washing in bags and into my suitcase out of sight - out of mind:D

I agree...I'm on vacation for a reason and the laundry can wait [emoji41]

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

It might be an enviorment thing too. Even the front load washers use some water ...all that waste water has to go somewhere. And those washers and dryers would take up more space than 1 cabin each deck. Plus those kids running in the hallways playing ding dong ditch and pushing all the buttons on the elevators i don't want to think what they would find funny to put in a washer or dryer. Sorry if i sound too skepical but....

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I never understood why people who don't want to do laundry care if there was a laundry for those who want it. No one would be forced to wash clothes. I'd love to be able to throw my workout clothes into a machine. It would make life much easier.

Agree....or just press something....Would love RCI to have added this to HOTS and newer ships when being built. This was the only great feature that stood out to me on my one and only PCL cruise.

It might be an enviorment thing too. Even the front load washers use some water ...all that waste water has to go somewhere. And those washers and dryers would take up more space than 1 cabin each deck. Plus those kids running in the hallways playing ding dong ditch and pushing all the buttons on the elevators i don't want to think what they would find funny to put in a washer or dryer. Sorry if i sound too skepical but....

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

The problem with your theory is that many ships have had, and still have self service laundries. I just checked the deck plan of the newest Princess ship, Regal Princess, and it shows self service laundromats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are no self service laundries on any RCI ship.

One thing that continues to amuse me about Cruise Critic, I saw the title and thought there should only be 1 reply, but as expected there was 21! Oops, now 22, I'll go read what the other 20 are. ;p

We do not do or send out laundry on a 7nt or shorter cruise, we pack enough. On longer cruises it is handy to have them or on back to back sailings. We were on a 15nt Panama Canal on Disney and it was so handy to have the self laundry. We are planning a longer cruise sometime in 2018 and we are choosing the cruise line based on whether they have laundry rooms, of course after choosing the itinerary we prefer. Being away 15-20 days I don't want to hand wash everything. I don't mind sending out undies, socks and undershirts but don't like to send out other things. :cool:

Unfortunately it is an excellent Princess feature that RCL has not copied.

Who wants to do laundry while on a cruise??? SMH... Not me. If I needed something done, I'd send it out... I'm not going to miss things that are going on waiting on laundry to wash and dry!