Is it reasonable to have to vacate cabins at 7am on disembarkation?

AnOnymously

Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?  

858 members have voted

1. 1. Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?

Sadly, you can’t please everybody all of the time but this one for me is a step too far.

We are one of those who has booked well in advance having several cruises under our belts and have had nothing to advise us of this ‘change’ which will affect us, we are on vacation and will already have a long day ahead of us travelling home so getting up at 6am is ridiculous!

We normally get up at 7, get dressed and then grab breakfast, return to the cabin, brush our teeth, complete final checks and are out at 8/815am ish which when you are flying home later in the day is still too early. We don’t have the luxury of living nearby so can’t just get off the ship and ‘head home’

Even on trips when we book a day room at a hotel near the airport we cannot get into that until 10am so getting kicked off early we are then left with hanging around on the ship or a hotel foyer.

I also agree with the other posters, we eat at 830pm sitting. So are we now expected to rush that too so we can get back and get our bags out for 10pm?

After dinner we normally head back to cabin and change out of what we are wearing to more casual clothing for travelling and put our cases out nearer 11pm and then head off to a show.

Also remember us in the UK cannot cancel booking as we lose our deposits, we do not get them refunded like you can in the US.

I think the idea banded about on here about picking disembarkations times so it is staggered may go some way toward trying to please the majority as there are those that do want/need to get off early and others that don’t so at least the cabin attendant could then plan the order to turn the rooms based on this info.

Finally, anyone who calculates the number of hours one is on the ship and does math that determines they were cheated out of 5.345938406 hours has way, way too much time on their hands.

It is mainly the time from when they have to leave the cabin at 7 AM until the time they can actually leave the ship.

There could be an advantage for a 7:00 AM departure time for those who need to switch cabins between a B2B since they will most likely be able to make the switch before 9:00AM.

After a B2B passenger has left the 1st segment cabin, does he/she have to wait until 1 PM to go to the new cabin just like new passengers have to wait?

After a B2B passenger has left the 1st segment cabin, does he/she have to wait until 1 PM to go to the new cabin just like new passengers have to wait?

No they don't. The b2b cabins are ready early. Housekeeping have a record so they know.

I think I might have asked this before but am not sure.

Until when will B2B passengers have access of their cabins before they lock the doors?

They usually clean the cabin ASAP and tell you when it is ready. I normally am in the new cabin by 9:00 or 9:30 AM. On rare occasions the room is not ready by the time you meet with other B2B passengers and the cabin attendants move you while you go through the B2B process.

B to B procedures on X are somewhat dependent on individual circumstances. If outside the USA, it is simply a matter of going to the designated place to get your new key card. Once your new cabin has been vacated and cleaned (the stewards usually make these cabins a priority) you can simply move in (the stewards will move your clothes). On one of our Back to Backs, the previous occupants stayed in their cabin until pretty late (around 9) so obviously we could not go into the cabin until they vacated. Once they were out of the cabin, our new steward let us in (at our request) so we could simply move our valuables into the new cabin safe. We later completed the move once the cabin had been cleaned.

But if you are doing the back to back in a US port it becomes a bit more difficult because you still must leave the ship (usually by 10am) to comply with US regulations and their "zero out" process. If you want to immediately reboard you will have to wait in a holding area (inside the cruise terminal) until the ship has been cleared. This can take 15 minutes...or 2 hours! One can never be sure.

Hank

B to B procedures on X are somewhat dependent on individual circumstances. ...

On our one b2b, last summer in Vancouver, we were the only b2b on the ship. We had breakfast, went back to our cabin, the new cabin 8-10 doorways down the hall had been vacated. We moved the stuff from our "old" safe to the "new" safe, then left to spend the day exploring the city. The two stewards involved had everything else taken care of when we got back aboard late afternoon.

Stan

The staggered disembarkation times that go with the tags are assigned to match airline flights, post cruise excursions, etc. Assumption is that this is done to avoid a log jam at luggage retrieval and customs clearance booths.

Setting an arbitary 7 am time will clog up the breakfast venues and waiting areas with more folks and carry ons..already chaos!

Anybody got a cruise in the near future who can ask Celebrity what will happen on it?

We are not sailing until much later in the year?

We are sailing on a B2B on the Eclipse Feb. 5 and 19th.

We are not changing cabins but our friends are.

We would like to stay in our cabin until they're all moved and then the 4 of us plan to get off and explore the Miami Boat Show.

My question was just to make sure we could go to breakfast and then "hide" in our cabin until they're all moved.

What exactly would you like me to ask?

We are sailing on a B2B on the Eclipse Feb. 5 and 19th.

We are not changing cabins but our friends are.

We would like to stay in our cabin until they're all moved and then the 4 of us plan to get off and explore the Miami Boat Show.

My question was just to make sure we could go to breakfast and then "hide" in our cabin until they're all moved.

The cabin attendant will have your friends moved to their new cabin by the time you finish breakfast, meet at the designated meeting place for all B2Bers and do the turnaround day process. No need to hide in your cabin. B2Bers are the last to clear the ship and the first ones back on the ship. After that you're free to leave the ship. Make sure to get an "in transit" pass before leaving the ship to be used when you return to the ship.

Edited by davekathy

I wanted someone to ask if the ship's passengers will be asked to leave cabin by 7am.

If we could get several cruisings and find what they are being told, perhaps we can see if there is a pattern or if Celebrity have relented seeing that Celebrity don't seem to want to make any statements despite this being the hottest topic on here and pretty hot on other cruise forums.

On Eclipse now disembarking on Sunday. Information has just been delivered to our room. It's a 7am out of rooms. Walk off starts from 7.10 and scheduled disembarking from 7.30. Cases out by 10pm which is technically 9pm because we gain an hour that night.

On Eclipse now disembarking on Sunday. Information has just been delivered to our room. It's a 7am out of rooms. Walk off starts from 7.10 and scheduled disembarking from 7.30. Cases out by 10pm which is technically 9pm because we gain an hour that night.

Thanks for the update.

I think it's technically 11 if you gain an hour. (But that hour is usually in the middle of the night so 10 is 10.)

Reports of 8am for Miami cruise ending.

At least Celebrity should clarify their position.

Unfortunately, like a LOT of other things this seems to be ship dependent. :(

(The Eclipse is also in Miami so has nothing to do with port)

I think that the other report was a disembarkation time, not an out of room time.

But we cannot know how this will play out, as someone else has said "they will lose business if they do not sort it out"

Thank you for the latest .

I guess the Celebrity brain trust is prepared to go full speed ahead on this one .

I think it's technically 11 if you gain an hour. (But that hour is usually in the middle of the night so 10 is 10.)

Gain an hour so clocks go back. So 10pm is the new 9pm. The point is those moving the luggage around have an hour longer in bed anyway..... I am afraid there seems no flex on this rule which has contributed amongst other things to our not booking another cruise whilst onboard.

Gain an hour so clocks go back. So 10pm is the new 9pm. The point is those moving the luggage around have an hour longer in bed anyway..... I am afraid there seems no flex on this rule which has contributed amongst other things to our not booking another cruise whilst onboard.

That's the bottom line.

And maybe if enough people do that someone will actually sit up and take notice.