Is Dottie still the CD for Sirena?

curtdesilets

Dottie is joining Sirena now.

Have a safe voyage.

Hip Hip Hooray!! Dottie is our type of Cruise Director. After 22 Cruises, we had never seen anything like her. She is a Polish American from Pittsburgh, just like my Mother.

A Cruise Director that resembles your Mother, well enough said. :)

https://oceaniacruisesblog.com/2015/06/12/cruise-director-dottie-kulasa-27-years-at-sea/

Edited by curtdesilets

Hip Hip Hooray!! Dottie is our type of Cruise Director. After 22 Cruises, we had never seen anything like her.

https://oceaniacruisesblog.com/2015/06/12/cruise-director-dottie-kulasa-27-years-at-sea/

AGREED! 100%! We had Dottie for 35 days on the Regatta ... definitely the BEST! However, Eric DeGrey just might be a close second. ;)

Both of you are quite obviously clueless -Leslie is the best :D

Everybody knows THAT :D

Your clueless reference is very good. If I may reword your comment, "For future reference... Leslie is the best"

That said I read often of Dottie on this board and would like to be on a cruise when she is the CD.

Your clueless reference is very good. If I may reword your comment, "For future reference... Leslie is the best"

That said I read often of Dottie on this board and would like to be on a cruise when she is the CD.

I do like Dottie well enough - just not as much as Leslie :)

Dottie too runs a good trivia with a style of her own. Better go practice some songs (always her last trivia question)

We were told Julie will be cd on Sirena in March for the circumnavigation of Australia

That could make sense since she IS Australian ...

I thought the CDs had shorter contracts than the lower level crew ... from now to June is a long time!

I'll make my vote for Dottie ... but Nolan and Leslie are top notch as well. Proviso: we don't really care who the CD is, especially since we don't do Trivia! But we know the ones we like and the ones we could do without ... When we were delayed docking in Istanbul in August 2012 because another ship refused to leave when it was supposed to, Dottie handled the situation beautifully ... calming down upset passengers without really saying who was at fault. I thought she was most diplomatic ... even though I'd have loved to know the whole truth!

Mura

That could make sense since she IS Australian ...

I thought the CDs had shorter contracts than the lower level crew ... from now to June is a long time!

I'll make my vote for Dottie ... but Nolan and Leslie are top notch as well. Proviso: we don't really care who the CD is, especially since we don't do Trivia! But we know the ones we like and the ones we could do without ... When we were delayed docking in Istanbul in August 2012 because another ship refused to leave when it was supposed to, Dottie handled the situation beautifully ... calming down upset passengers without really saying who was at fault. I thought she was most diplomatic ... even though I'd have loved to know the whole truth!

Mura

We had a false alarm on Regatta last year during Trivia. All 7 signals went off, meaning evacuate the ship! Dottie, although a little panicky, was cool as a cucumber. It was a bit frightening. It was suppose to be a silent drill but somehow one of the crew hit the wrong button. I'm sure a price was paid by that crewmember. Yikes!

Onboard Sirena now en route to Nicaragua with Dottie. We aren't trivia players but have enjoyed her more than our previous two CDs - but that's personal preference ( we have learned some line dances - who says you can't teach old dogs...). What a lot of energy it must take, nearly round the clock!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Onboard Sirena now en route to Nicaragua with Dottie. We aren't trivia players but have enjoyed her more than our previous two CDs - but that's personal preference ( we have learned some line dances - who says you can't teach old dogs...). What a lot of energy it must take, nearly round the clock!

How is the Ship ?? We look forward to boarding her in a week. This is her inaugural season, although she's an referb. In particular, I would like to know about Jacques Lunch or Bistro or whatever they call it?

Hi there - we simply haven't had time to try the Jacques bistro yet! Hopefully today on sea day. Ship seems fine (comparing to previous Nautica trip) overall. I can say that if you have ANY problem, no matter how trivial, just let staff know and it will be attended to immediately. We had intermittent internet signal, let them know, and within the hour had some kind of router installed inside our room. Just wish the bathrooms (B class rooms) were a tiny bit bigger/nicer like on Marina. Hopefully will report on Jacques Bistro soon - but there are always Jacques items on GDR menu (likewise Red Ginger's sea bass on occasion). Happy travels!

Hi there - we simply haven't had time to try the Jacques bistro yet! Hopefully today on sea day. Ship seems fine (comparing to previous Nautica trip) overall. I can say that if you have ANY problem, no matter how trivial, just let staff know and it will be attended to immediately. We had intermittent internet signal, let them know, and within the hour had some kind of router installed inside our room. Just wish the bathrooms (B class rooms) were a tiny bit bigger/nicer like on Marina. Hopefully will report on Jacques Bistro soon - but there are always Jacques items on GDR menu (likewise Red Ginger's sea bass on occasion). Happy travels!/QUOTE]

Thanks Jan and John! We are starting to get really excited: 4 days away for our cruise on Sirena !!

Here's my instant first-time-ever Jacques Bistro review: it's great! It's not the Jacques experience on Marina/Riviera but for an occasional break from trying to find a lunch table at the Terrace I heartily recommend it! The menu is printed out and distributed the night before, but in addition there is a list of specials in at least half a dozen categories (viande, poisson etc.). We liked that it wasn't crowded - maybe 1/4 full today - and very relaxed. We will go back on Friday just to try the interesting items that we missed!

Thank you. We board on Sunday and - believe it or not - this and trying Tuscan steak were the reasons we booked this cruise (it certainly wasn't for the itinerary :D).

Looking forward to experiencing Jacques Bistro.

Edited by Paulchili

If anyone wants to know where Dottie is, no need to ask on this board. Just go to her husband's website, comediantomdrake.com. Their cruise schedule is easy to find. I personally check the website to avoid Dottie because, while she is a very nice person, I really dislike her repetitive announcements of activities which any passenger can read in the daily program.