Future cruise credit

knotgillty

Future Cruise Deposits are good for 2 years. Then they refund the $$.

Future Cruise Credits (a credit given because your ship didn't sail for some reason) are usually good for 1 year (?). Never had one, so not entirely sure.

If you can't take a cruise within the 2 year limit and live near a port (or can visit a port) where a Bon Voyage Experience is available, you could purchase a FCD while on the BVE.

Cruising on the Grand for our 20th anniversary next month. We are planning to do the same for our 25th in 5 years. Not sure if we'll take a cruise in between. How long are future cruise credits good for?

2 years. The FCC's and expiration date will show in "my Princess" in the Circle Savings account.

I have always called them FCC's now they are called FCD's.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The two year limit is for a Book By date - not a Sail By date as they used to be. So your limit would be about 3 1/2 years - two years to book a cruise about 1 1/2 years in advance of sailing. It would not work for five years.

Can someone please explain what they are, and exactly how you get them? Thanks.

While you are on your cruise (or while you are taking part in a Bon Voyage Experience), you have the option of purchasing one or more Future Cruise Deposits (FCD or sometimes called FCC here).

Each FCD is $100 and can be used as the deposit when booking a future cruise (instead of having to pay the usual cruise deposit). In addition to the lower deposit, when you use the FCD to book a cruise, you also receive some onboard credit (the amount varies depending on the class of stateroom that you book and the length of the cruise).

As others have stated above, FCDs must be used within 2 years of purchasing.

Edited by Croptop

And if you don't use them and they expire they are fully refundable automatically back to the original credit card used. Its a no brainer. ;)

Make sure you keep the original credit card account open if you want to receive the unused cruise credit after the two years. I have read of problems when the account has been closed.

Make sure you keep the original credit card account open if you want to receive the unused cruise credit after the two years. I have read of problems when the account has been closed.

My son just had this issue in April. His account was closed last year due to theft of his account #. He was issued a new card/number but the accounts were linked so when an expired FCC was refunded it went to the correct/new card.

He also had one that they said was refunded by check and he never received it. Called Princess and they stopped payment and reissued a new one which arrived a few weeks later. It pays to keep track of them.

We had one that expired that they decided to send back by way of a check from a company called Bottomline. Don't know why as the CC account was still the same and open. Go figure.

Thanks for the replies.

So I have 2 years to book the credit for an available future sailing.

Can my wife and I each purchase a future cruise deposit when we cruise next month, and combine them when we book again in the future?

Also, does anyone have the amount of onboard credit we receive from a fcd if we book a future 10 day cruise in a regular balcony cabin?

Edited by knotgillty

Thanks for the replies.

Can my wife and I each purchase a future cruise deposit when we cruise next month, and combine them when we book again in the future?

Also, does anyone have the amount of onboard credit we receive from a fcd if we book a future 10 day cruise in a regular balcony cabin?

copied and pasted from one of our FCDs:

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

Jim

Thanks for the replies.

--

--

That is exactly what you should do - unless you plan on changing spouses :eek:

The form you use to buy FCDs has a place for both your names. In fact you may get one in your onboard mailbox preprinted with your names.

Edited by Ferd Berfle

Thanks for the replies.

Both passengers need to make their deposits on a cruise, and each can use their own FCD - and you each receive the OBC for the FCD. When my wife and I book a cruise, we always use two FCDs - one each - and we each receive the amount of OBC listed in the preceding post.

When I recently booked a cruise with my brother (my wife was staying home), I used a FCD and he didn't have one. He paid the normal deposit (only $100 during the Sip & Sail promotion) and he does not receive the FCD OBC.

Also FCD OBC can be combined with veterans OBC, stockholder OBC, loyalty OBC, and most promotional OBC given by Princess and by travel agents.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, you must both purchase your own FCD, and then use them as deposits when booking your next cruise. In that way both of you will receive the OBC on their account. The onboard purchase of an FDC is charged directly to your credit card, it does not go on your on board account.

For information OBC is also available if you own Carnival Corp. stock, or if you are retired or active military. The military OBC is per person, max. two/cabin. All these OBC's are stackable.

Using FCD to book our cruises is always nice. I don't really care all that much about the lowered deposit (unless it's a non-refundable deposit!) but love the free OBC. Our next cruise is longer so we will each get $150 free OBC just for booking with the FCD. Combined with the $250 we will get for the 100 shares of CCL stock it will "not quite" cover the daily gratuities but will certainly help.

The $300 from the FCD and the $250 from the stock will "only" leave us owing $175 on the daily gratuities. It certainly beats paying it all using "real" money.

Edited by Thrak

Excellent info guys.

One last question. It's a 90 minute drive to my nearest port (San Francisco). We visit the city once or twice a year and it would be easy to schedule these visits for times the cruise ship is in port. If I were to do multiple Bon Voyage Experiences over the next few years, can I get multiple fdc's/fcc's and stack them for a future trip? Is there a limit?

Excellent info guys.

One last question. It's a 90 minute drive to my nearest port (San Francisco). We visit the city once or twice a year and it would be easy to schedule these visits for times the cruise ship is in port. If I were to do multiple Bon Voyage Experiences over the next few years, can I get multiple fdc's/fcc's and stack them for a future trip? Is there a limit?

I'm not sure about stacking FCDs for a single booking (beyond using one for each person in the cabin) but you can purchase more than one FCD at a time. So you could get away with just doing one Bon Voyage Experience and purchase 4 FCDs (2 for you; 2 for your spouse) if you want to. I don't recall if there is a limit to the number of FCDs you are able to purchase at one time but I know for sure that you can purchase 2 + 2 as I have done it.

Excellent info guys.

You can buy multiple FCD on a BVE but... No matter how many you may use for a booking you will only get the OBC for one FCD each. Any others will simply be another $100 toward the cruise.

Get a couple or several each. Use one each for every cruise you book. Have a couple on hand in case you want to take an "unexpected" cruise or something. You will never "lose" money with them and having them on hand is good insurance in case you decide to book another cruise.

You can only use one FCD per cruise per pax. FCD expires in two years if not used and money returned - not that we have ever had that problem! We always like to have several each in the "bank". so each cruise we buy more. Nice part about buying them is that you can fill out their form (or get it online before you go), drop it in the box and the FCD will be processed. They don't put anything in your cabin mailbox anymore but send an email to you.

The FCC or whatever it is called as a refund on an existing cruise due to ship problems etc are good for one year. We have had one so far for missing two of 3 ports on a week long cruise. One port was switched to another port so no big loss but the other one we just could not stop at due to the high wind and seas.

Cruising on the Grand for our 20th anniversary next month. We are planning to do the same for our 25th in 5 years. Not sure if we'll take a cruise in between. How long are future cruise credits good for?

Simple solution.

Do not wait five years for your next Princess cruise.

Great way to also celebrate your 21st, 22nd, 23rd and/or 24th anniversary.

OK.............on our cruise in December we each will buy a future cruise deposit of $100 each.

We can then use that deposit for any sailing, any deal that comes up in the next 2 years, right?

Are the deals for these future cruise deposit always the same, or do they vary by the ship that you are on?

It looks like I cannot use these with a travel agent though, right??

OK.............on our cruise in December we each will buy a future cruise deposit of $100 each.

We can then use that deposit for any sailing, any deal that comes up in the next 2 years, right? Correct, there might be exceptions for World Cruises and their segments. Perhaps someone else can elaborate.

Are the deals for these future cruise deposit always the same, or do they vary by the ship that you are on? The same for all ships, again may vary for World Cruises.

It looks like I cannot use these with a travel agent though, right?? Wrong, they can be used with Travel Agents. We do it all the time.

See above.