Current Cruise Directors

Glenndale

We've noticed that they have stopped listing officers and Sr staff in the blue booklets - too many last minute changes.

Peter (Roberts?) was on Marina before her dry dock and he was staying on thru the dry dock but not sure much longer.

We've noticed that they have stopped listing officers and Sr staff in the blue booklets - too many last minute changes.

Peter (Roberts?) was on Marina before her dry dock and he was staying on thru the dry dock but not sure much longer.

Peter left in Copenhagen (with his 23 pairs of shoes :D) - David is on.

Peter left in Copenhagen (with his 23 pairs of shoes :D) - David is on.

Must mean he got another pair in Lisbon - that was his plan!! He doesn't mind paying 200 euro for his 'shoes suitcase' -- He was a hoot!

Must mean he got another pair in Lisbon - that was his plan!! He doesn't mind paying 200 euro for his 'shoes suitcase' -- He was a hoot!

He got 3 pairs of new shoes between Lisbon to Copenhagen (in his words).

Is there a great deal of difference between the various CD's? I mean I know people have there favourites but does it make a great deal of difference?

Probably not so much on a port intensive cruise, but on a TA where there are lots of sea days they can make a difference.

I was hoping Julie would be on our next cruise but she prefers the smaller ships so not surprised to hear that she's on Nautica.

Is there a great deal of difference between the various CD's? I mean I know people have there favourites but does it make a great deal of difference?

On Azamara, it does make a difference -- the CD is a major player in the entertainment (e.g., Eric De Gray). On Oceania, not so much. I couldn't name any of the CDs on the O cruises we've sailed on. But that's probably because we don't play trivia.

On Azamara, it does make a difference -- the CD is a major player in the entertainment (e.g., Eric De Gray). On Oceania, not so much. I couldn't name any of the CDs on the O cruises we've sailed on. But that's probably because we don't play trivia.

I have heard Azamara only have 3 CD's for their 2 ships so it would be easy to remember their names ;)

I have heard Azamara only have 3 CD's for their 2 ships so it would be easy to remember their names ;)

It's not really that there are fewer of them, it's that they are more visible on Azamara. That's my experience anyway; yours may differ. :)

It's not really that there are fewer of them, it's that they are more visible on Azamara. That's my experience anyway; yours may differ. :)

Although we have not sailed on Azamara, it is fairly well known that the crew on Azamara is much friendlier and interactive with guests than on Oceania (the same is true with Oceania's sister company Regent). While it may not mean a lot to some passengers, it means a lot to us.

Yes my experience does differ

we do not play trivia but still manage to see the CD & other officers on the ship

I am always amused at the comments that the crew/officers are not friendly on O as on other lines

I am always amused at the comments that the crew/officers are not friendly on O as on other lines

I agree with you wholeheartedly Lynne.

Interestingly enough on the 2016 season of Below Deck Mediterranean, they are discussing this very issue in great detail.

Interesting to watch from the staff point of view

[quote=LHT28;50360928

To clarify, I did not say, nor did I wish to imply, that the CDs are not as friendly on O as on other lines. I said that they are less visible, because they do not appear (as far as I know) in the evening shows/performances. I'm not criticizing the crew/officers on O or praising the Azamara model. I'm just pointing out that there appear to be different job descriptions for CDs on different cruise lines.

Sorry I brought it up! :(

To clarify, I did not say, nor did I wish to imply, that the CDs are not as friendly on O as on other lines. I said that they are less visible, because they do not appear (as far as I know) in the evening shows/performances.

:(

Just to clarify

Do you mean they are less visible as performers ?

Oceania is not like Butlins where the CD needs to perform

they hire performers as the entertainment

although Leslie Jon does do his show near the end of the sailing