AQ - champagne or tea?

little britain

In the cabin details it says you get a bottle of bubbles in Concierge "Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists"...

but in AQ there is no mention of this but says you get "Daily delivery of flavored tea"

Please can you assure me that you also get the champers in AQ?!:rolleyes:

In the cabin details it says you get a bottle of bubbles in Concierge "Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists"...

but in AQ there is no mention of this but says you get "Daily delivery of flavored tea"

You do get both. When determining your amenities in AQ read both AQ and CC. You get all of that

Enjoy! :)

For the record... some of the teas are VERY good

Edited by InTheWASide

For the last couple months or so, Celebrity no longer says anything about a welcome bottle of anything except "Welcome bottled water" for AQ cabins. Also, note that daily bottled water delivery is no longer mentioned; just tea. There is also no mention of AQ cabins getting all of the CC benefits plus.....

I mentioned all of this in a post a couple months ago and the replies I got were that the website was wrong (nothing new there) or that they had just received a bottle of sparkling wine on a recent cruise.

I believe that Celebrity means what they say for bookings made now and going forward. There is no longer any reason to believe that Celebrity's website is no longer correct. These changes may be all part of the old free drink package promotion, or the current promotions. There is really no reason for them to still provide the old amenities.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-aqua-class-stateroom

Edited by sptrout

For the last couple months or so, Celebrity no longer says anything about a welcome bottle of anything except "Welcome bottled water" for AQ cabins. Also, note that daily bottled water delivery is no longer mentioned; just tea. There is also no mention of AQ cabins getting all of the CC benefits plus.....

I mentioned all of this in a post a couple months ago and the replies I got were that the website was wrong (nothing new there) or that they had just received a bottle of sparkling wine on a recent cruise.

I believe that Celebrity means what they say for bookings made now and going forward. There is no longer any reason to believe that Celebrity's website is no longer correct. These changes may be all part of the old free drink package promotion, or the current promotions. There is really no reason for them to still provide the old amenities.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-aqua-class-stateroom

I have every reason to believe that I'll continue to receive the formerly listed perks (excluding flowers). Nobody has reported otherwise.

It is still however in all the ebrochures under Concierge cabins , "welcome sparkling wine and fresh fruit." and under Aqua Class it still states that "Aqua Class includes all Concierge Class amenities." Bottled water and flavored teas are still in the list of amenities for Aqua Class. These brochures are pretty up to date since the Century is no longer listed.

Edited by dkjretired

You do get the same fizzy wine that concierge gets. It is actually ok if you drink it cold.

It is still however in all the ebrochures under Concierge cabins , "welcome sparkling wine and fresh fruit." and under Aqua Class it still states that "Aqua Class includes all Concierge Class amenities." Bottled water and flavored teas are still in the list of amenities for Aqua Class. These brochures are pretty up to date since the Century is no longer listed.

The website can be changed overnight, but brochures are developed months in advance (I am guessing). I hope by January you are correct, but I do not expect to see anything other than what has been listed on their website for weeks when we board the Equinox and enter our AQ cabin.

I have every reason to believe that I'll continue to receive the formerly listed perks (excluding flowers). Nobody has reported otherwise.

Prepared to be surprised, unfortunately. However, if you have booked with one of the promotions, the only thing missing will be a bucket of ice, two bottles of water (but, you will have your "welcome bottle of water - LOL), and a bottle of nasty tasting sparkling wine.

Here is what we got in Aqua:

One bottle of Celebrity Sparking Wine on ice

Daily flavored teas (ask for ice on the side)

Small vase of fresh flowers

2 bottles of water which were replenished daily

Pillow menu

Appetizer tray delivered around 4 pm daily

2 umbrellas

binocs

You do get the same fizzy wine that concierge gets. It is actually ok if you drink it cold.

Mixing it with OJ can also work....it is not very tasty on its own....

The teas...some folks like them...we ask not to receive them anymore...

the little green apples often ignored...

the daily water is a great perk that would be missed,,,

soft, plush towels ARE missed!

umbrellas and binocs stay with the stateroom...

Pillow menu

2 umbrellas

binocs

Agreed, that is what they have provided, and said they would in all documentation and their website the past few years. The question is: What will it be later this year or next, since their website description is totally different than in the past?

Pillow menu

2 umbrellas

binocs

Above is exactly what was provided in Aqua on Eclipse. We disembarked on 11 July 15. Great cruise.

Pillow menu

2 umbrellas

binocs

Above is exactly what was provided in Aqua on Eclipse. We disembarked on 11 July 15. Great cruise.

You got all of this list, including a small vase of fresh flowers? I haven't seen any flowers in over a year.

You got all of this list, including a small vase of fresh flowers? I haven't seen any flowers in over a year.

We not only got a small vase of fresh flowers the first day but a long stem red rose arrived the next day! We were pleasantly surprised.

We not only got a small vase of fresh flowers the first day but a long stem red rose arrived the next day! We were pleasantly surprised.

The rose is from the captains club hostess. It comes on the first formal night.

Pillow menu

2 umbrellas

binocs

How long ago? It's been reported for over a year now that the flowers were not given in Aqua or Concierge and the pillow menu was a mystery even to the room steward.

Do you still get the slipper and lip balm?

We did not get the slippers or lip balm. We did not ask for them either.

We saw two bottles of water above the refrigerator and there was a tag on one of them saying it would be $5 if we consumed them. We thought it was a cutback. Our room attendance wanted to know why we did not drink the water and I mentioned the $5. He then said that label was for the water in the refrigerator, a premium water. He mentioned that it was a mistake and then we got 4 bottles every day thereafter.

We ordered a memory foam pillow.

Pillow menu

2 umbrellas

binocs

No flowers, no pillow menu, and no appetizers on the Summit June 21 sailing but we did not ask for appetizers. If they were available, we were not aware of it. But, we were not in our room at 4:00. We did have fresh fruit and our ice bucket was filled daily when they brought the fresh tea. We sailed Aqua.