Aerial view of Halfmoon Cay

tgeonetta

We were in Half Moon Cay last week and had perfect weather, so I decided to take my drone out and fly around the beach. I flew it out to the Nieuw Amsterdam ship as well. The new lobster shack is shown right around the 10 minute mark.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. Nice video, nice place! Is there a separate resort there as well or are all the facilities associates with HAL? Was that large boat the tendor or were there smaller tendor boats?

Really like the look and feel. Thanks for posting,

Dave

Half Moon Cay is HAL's private island. It is also used by Carnival ships as well.

It was built by Carnival Corporation.

There is no other resort there. There are 2 large tenders and 1 smaller one.

You will never see a Carnival ship there at the same time a HAL ship is there. But there are times when 2 HAL ships use the island at the same time.

Great Video!!

Since Drones are banned how did you do this?

From banned list: Drones also referred to as Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) or Remotely Piloted Aerial Vehicle (RPA), and any other remote controlled aerial devices/toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IndyDenise

You will never see a Carnival ship there at the same time a HAL ship is there.
You probably will not see a HAL and Carnival ship there at the same time, but it has happened:

Last year when we at HMC there was a Carnival ship there also. They got to use "Island" tenders, we had to use ship tenders. Once on island all mingled together.

Jane

I read about this happening last year. A Carnival ship ended up there at the same time ( due to a re route I think) .

Carnival guests were mad that no cabanas or excursions could be purchased but happy that the buffet was more HALish.

HAL pax were mad that the music and party games were Carnival style.

Edited by jtl513

Since Drones are banned how did you do this?

From banned list: Drones also referred to as Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) or Remotely Piloted Aerial Vehicle (RPA), and any other remote controlled aerial devices/toys.

I guess because he launched from land rather than the ship but then again it's easier to get forgiveness than permission. I would have thought as a banned item it would have been taken at boarding and returned at the end of the cruise. I could be wrong or maybe they missed it. ?????

Wonderful - how lucky to have just the one smaller ship that day. We too had a perfectly delicious day early November - never felt the water temperature so inviting that day. I truly never wanted to leave.

Only drawback was being there with the NA at the same time, which did make this lovely stop a real crowd scene.

Thank for this very novel look at our "own" private island.

I guess because he launched from land rather than the ship but then again it's easier to get forgiveness than permission. I would have thought as a banned item it would have been taken at boarding and returned at the end of the cruise. I could be wrong or maybe they missed it. ?????

Must have missed it during boarding. But how did HAL miss it after it was airborne?

This thread cracks me up! If I posted a video of me smoking on my balcony (after Jan. ) while drinking tea and smuggled vodka from my electric kettle while ironing .. all plugged into a surge protector.. I'd be thumped on.

Edited by IndyDenise

Half Moon Cay is HAL's private island. It is also used by Carnival ships as well.

It was built by Carnival Corporation.

There is no other resort there. There are 2 large tenders and 1 smaller one.

You will never see a Carnival ship there at the same time a HAL ship is there. But there are times when 2 HAL ships use the island at the same time.

Great Video!!

HAL leased HMC before Carnival acquired HAL. So HAL did the initial build. Yes, Carnival has funded upgrades and expansions of what is offered there.

Must have missed it during boarding. But how did HAL miss it after it was airborne?

This thread cracks me up! If I posted a video of me smoking on my balcony (after Jan. ) while drinking tea and smuggled vodka from my electric kettle while ironing .. all plugged into a surge protector.. I'd be thumped on.

Of course you'd get thumped upon. Everyone knows that smuggled rum or whiskey goes better with tea.

Of course you'd get thumped upon. Everyone knows that smuggled rum or whiskey goes better with tea.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Especially when smoking clandestine on the balcony

Edited by IndyDenise

We were in Half Moon Cay last week and had perfect weather, so I decided to take my drone out and fly around the beach. I flew it out to the Nieuw Amsterdam ship as well. The new lobster shack is shown right around the 10 minute mark.

Well done, very professional. Thanks for sharing. Bob

You have totally made my day!!!!! Loved your video. Thanks.